Start by marking “The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)

The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4)

4.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  480,432 Ratings  ·  12,042 Reviews
Percy Jackson isn't expecting freshman orientation to be any fun. But when a mysterious mortal acquaintance appears on campus, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly move from bad to worse.
In this fourth installment of the blockbuster series, time is running out as war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near. Even the safe haven of Camp Half
Published March 6th 2008 by Hyperion Books for Children

To ask other readers questions about The Battle of the Labyrinth, please sign up.

Luke J. Schelvan Oh my gosh!!!!! That's only two days after my my birthday!!!!!! I hope I will get it for a late birthday present!!!!!
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Scott Preedy yea that was funny and I also liked when Paul met Poseidon and sally said he was percy's father and paul looks at poseiden angrily
City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. Cast
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
17th out of 23,809 books — 60,534 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeePride and Prejudice by Jane AustenTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Best Books Ever
175th out of 43,838 books — 163,613 voters

More lists with this book...

Sasha Alsberg
Apr 21, 2016 Sasha Alsberg rated it it was amazing
SO MUCH YES.
Cara
Jun 29, 2014 Cara rated it it was amazing
Why did I wait so long to read these? I have no good explanation and if you ask me I'll just give you the shifty eyes and mumble something incoherent because I don't have a good reason. What counts though is that I am reading them now right? On the upside I don't have to agonize for the long wait for new books to come out, but still... if I had just known!

So as expected Percy's summer is going to be filled with another quest and yet another colossal problem that brings him closer to the prophecy
Chloe
Jul 30, 2015 Chloe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This series gets better with each book!
Namratha
After a week of some truly disappointing reads, I am thoroughly glad to say that Percy Jackson and The Battle of The Labyrinth lived up to my expectations and was utterly engaging.

...............................
Half-boy, half-God Percy Jackson starts off the new school year by battling a pair of ‘ Empousai ’ and blowing up his school. Again. He also runs into Rachel Elizabeth Dare, the mysterious mortal girl who can see through the mist.

It’s time to head back to Camp Half-Blood, because troub
Inge
This was happy and sad at the same time. *sigh*
Mario
Jun 11, 2015 Mario rated it it was amazing
Boy, did I enjoy this book. I have yet to read The Last Olympian, but I'm pretty sure this one is best one in the series.
Taissa
Jun 07, 2015 Taissa rated it it was amazing
<333
Cait (Paper Fury)
CAN I JUST SAY THAT I HAVE WARMED UP TO ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE BOOKS?!! I started rather dubious with 3-star ratings, but they've quickly climbed to 4. I'm sucked in. I'm a worm on a hook. Just staaahp everything and let me keep reading. (I literally read 3 books in one week.) Although they still haven't quite hit the pinnacle of "absolute awesome" for me. Maybe the last book?! omg! I'm nearly finished this first series!

So I loved the plot of this one a lot more. It felt more varied. It's still t
Roxanne Hsu Feldman
May 11, 2008 Roxanne Hsu Feldman rated it really liked it
I can't tell whether this is my favorite of the existing Percy Jackson stories. After a while, it has become just a story that I must read because it's in the series and there is no way that I can stop now! But it is definitely highly entertaining and I especially appreciate the fact that Riordan manages to make the young characters grow up convincingly as modern teens. I have a fascination with mazes and labyrinths so anything with this setting tends to make me happy, although I did not quite " ...more
Zoë
Dec 23, 2014 Zoë rated it really liked it
WOW. This series is getting so intense and I can't wait to see how the final book plays out! Although I enjoyed this book, it was a little repetitive at times and my interest wavered. However, I will definitely be picking up the last book soon!
Mark Lawrence
Mar 28, 2016 Mark Lawrence rated it it was amazing
I've read the first four books in this series to Celyn now and got her #5 for her birthday.

A fun read, though the monsters get steadily more outlandish as Rick mines the lesser known corners of Greek myth. In this book we meet the Empousa who are pictured as wearing brazen slippers and bearing flaming hair. The name is said to mean "one-footed." This is because they are a one-legged hybrid, with a donkey's leg and a celestial bronze prosthetic leg...

Part of me is wondering how long before South
Victoria Hansen
May 06, 2016 Victoria Hansen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
After the third book, a part of me lost interest. But as I have come this far, I knew I would continue and finish the series. The Battle of the Labyrinth regained some of the magic Curse of Titan lost, but not all of it. The idea of a labyrinth/maze in a fantasy books automatically raises my interest, and therefore, I had high expectations for this.

Percy, who is now fourteen, is to go on an adventure to find the long lost Pan. Instead of having two companions, Annabeth chooses three, a daring mo
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Well, now I've read this for the third time––and it was still fantastic, of course. This one has always been one of my favorites (I'm not sure whether this one or the fifth one is my favorite, so I guess I'll consider them tied). Part of what I love about it is that the old gang is back together (Percy, Annabeth, and Grover that is) so it's more reminiscent of the first book. And Tyson and Rachel are awesome, too.

I also love that Annabeth leads the quest in this one (about time, pfft) because sh
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Dec 27, 2015 Chelsea (chelseadolling reads) rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
These books are so great. I can't wait to see how everything unfolds and then start the Heroes of Olympus!
Raoofa Ibrahim
Feb 21, 2016 Raoofa Ibrahim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
OH..MY..GOD!! what A book!! since a while I didn't read such fantasy thing!!
my advice to you, don't continue reading this review, just GO and grab the book or the series or from were you've stopped, because trust me it's worth it !!
If you are feeling lazy right now, or you want to sit and relax, continue reading my review :D
-------
Because I live in a poor country which don't have subway trains, I don't know what is like to go from place to another while I am underground, BUT fortunately this bo
Anne
Poseidon,’ I said. Then I whispered, ‘Help me with Nico, and Luke, and Grover’s problem …

Problems...problems...problems everywhere.

Nico hates Percy and blames him for his sister's death. Would he pose a new problem?
Grover is about to be exiled by the council of elders because he hasn't found the god Pan.
Luke remains forever the faithful antagonist, who doesn't relent in his vengeful schemes and plans to bring back Kronos, the Titan lord, bring down Olympus and end the reign of gods.
Annabet
Laz
Jan 23, 2015 Laz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers

This is just so fun and I love how this one takes more dramatic turns than the previews novel. This book is an introduction to how dangerous it really is and we come to think of them not only as adventures and as heroes but as people who can die just as easily as a human being. They are mortal, our heroes, not immortal.

Like I said, this series just gets more and mature and I think I love this
Bookwraiths
Jul 09, 2014 Bookwraiths rated it liked it
Shelves: young_adult
The Battle of the Labyrinth is the fourth of Rick Riordan’s Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, following after The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, and The Titan's Curse. For those readers who have been off the grid for years, Percy Jackson is the half-mortal son of Poseidon, Greek God of the Sea, who has been training at Camp Half-Blood for years to confront the ominous Kronos and his Titans; a group of divine beings determined to avenge their ancient defeat and destroy the Olympian g ...more
Vane J.
Let me tell you something first: This book is better than the previous one.

But I'm not going to rate it 5 stars. None of these books (so far) deserve them. I just got stubborn with book 3 and forgave many things. This will not happen again.

You see, I'm starting to get really annoyed by the fact that they're all the same... with some minimal changes.

I hate formulaic books, okay? I feel as if I'm being cheated - as if the author is only using me to get money - so the fact that all these damned boo
Valerie
May 18, 2015 Valerie rated it it was amazing
Already I can't wait to start reading The Last Olympian, just have to wait for nine other people to read it first at the library. That's no time at all right? I'm trying to reassure myself.

This is my favorite of the series so far. It was slightly less funny in this ones but its totally made up for by all the action and gods and characters. I mean gosh, there are a lot more gods, monsters, and heroes than I gave mythology credit for.

We see Percy come out and act like a real true blue hero thoug
Lisa Johnson
Apr 21, 2016 Lisa Johnson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: greek-mythology
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“I couldn’t miss Percy’s fifteenth birthday,” Poseidon said. “Why, if this were Sparta, Percy would be a man today!”
"That’s true,” Paul said. “I used to teach ancient history.”
Poseidon’s eyes twinkled. “That’s me. Ancient history.”

Oh my. This book is my favourite one in this series so far.

I can simply only repeat that these books are sooo action-packed, they never leave you bored, and the things that are happening are exciting and at the same time, often hilarious. I love everything about thi
Mariel Zani Begoña
4.5 My favourite of the series so far!!!!!

Mi favorito de la saga hasta ahora!!
JoLee
Jun 10, 2008 JoLee rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, 2008
I could not wait for the 91 people who are ahead of me in the queue at the library. I bought this book, and I am going to buy the others in the series as well. I think I'll want to reread these stories.

I really powered through the last couple books in this series. This time around, I wanted to slow down a bit. So, I alternated between this book and a collection of Greek mythology. I was happy I did because in The Battle of the Labyrinth Percy, Annabeth, Tyson, and Grover have to deal with sever
Jonathan

I have a kind of unconditional love relationship with this series. By which I mean I love it regardless of what anyone else might say. And this book, The Battle of the Labyrinth was a favourite in the series when I read it. That said I don't want to merely write a review that indicates my emotional reaction to this series but also my thoughtful philosophical reaction.

I am on record as having said that I can't appreciate a book unless there's something for me to take out of it. No doubt there wou
Clau R.
Jul 29, 2014 Clau R. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hilarious-humor, 2014
At first I was going to rate it 4.5 stars, but that ending made me smile so much and I think that was what I've been looking for in this saga. I wanted a PJO book to end leaving me with a warm feeling in my heart and I didn't get it until this book <3. I love Nico so much. Also, I really like Poseidon :').

So 5 stars!
Ashley
Jan 26, 2016 Ashley rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, owned
Really enjoyed this one. Glad to be moving more in the YA direction. I'm just feeling so disconnected from Middle Grade anymore.
Candy Melissa Kwong
It's always a good time to re-read PJ :)
Kisses A
Sep 27, 2015 Kisses A rated it it was amazing
description
I loved this one!! Best book so far in the series!

Minor spoilers!
So Percy and the gang travel through the Labyrinth to find the architect himself before Luke and the bad guys do.Like wants to use the maze to have an entrance into Camp Half Blood to destroy everyone.Lots of things go down...

description
I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Parts I like- the scorpions chase,Nico and the Happy Meals,the ranch and the animals and the last 150 pages! Smoking hot!I don't want to give anything away but Wow! And Nick
April
Jan 31, 2015 April rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own

I've noticed that every single book in this series outlines the same way:

- Percy begins at yet another school.
- Monster at school that Percy doesn't notice until they/it try to kill him.
- Grover, Annabeth or another half blood arrives.
- "We need to go on another quest!"
- Percy, Annabeth and/or Grover go back to Camp Half-Blood.
- Approach Mr. D about going on previously said quest.
- Mr. D says no.
- All sulk for a chapter.
- WE MUST GO ON QUEST. NO MATTER WHAT.
- Quest begins.
Word Game!(my fav game,plz post) 941 416 May 25, 2016 02:35AM
Book Ramblings: Percy Jackson: The Battle of the Labyrinth 36 25 Mar 12, 2016 01:21PM
Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth - How bout them plot twists. 3 19 Mar 02, 2016 06:48PM
ANYONE READ ANY GOOD BOOKS? 22 108 Feb 23, 2016 11:38AM
  • Theodosia and the Eyes of Horus (Theodosia Throckmorton, #3)
  • Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4)
  • Once Upon a Crime (The Sisters Grimm, #4)
  • The Siren Song (Cronus Chronicles, #2)
  • The Emperor of Nihon-Ja (Ranger's Apprentice, #10)
  • This Book Is Not Good for You (Secret, #3)
  • The Magician (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #2)
  • Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider #9)
  • Gregor and the Code of Claw (Underland Chronicles, #5)
  • The Gorgon's Gaze (The Companions Quartet, #2)
  • Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls, #4)
  • Leven Thumps and the Whispered Secret (Leven Thumps, #2)
  • May Bird Among the Stars (May Bird, #2)
  • Charlie Bone and the Hidden King (The Children of the Red King, #5)
  • The Empress's Tomb (Kiki Strike, #2)

More about Rick Riordan...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)

“Be careful of love. It'll twist your brain around and leave you thinking up is down and right is wrong.” 4665 likes
“People are more difficult to work with than machines. And when you break a person, he can't be fixed.” 3488 likes