Start by marking “Scrapbookers Almanac” as Want to Read:
Scrapbookers Almanac

Scrapbookers Almanac

Provides examples of calendar-inspired pages & projects. Includes meaningful ways to use your existing & future photos. Has creative ideas for preserving precious details of your life. Includes tips for finding inspiration in each day!
Spiral-bound, 170 pages
Published November 8th 2007 by Ck Media (first published November 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Scrapbookers Almanac, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scrapbookers Almanac

Elizabeth
Nov 03, 2007 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this-one
: )
Jamie
Nov 01, 2007 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: scrapbookers
I won an early release copy of this, and it is a blast! Elizabeth has compiled 103 fresh, fun projects--they are inspiring not only because they are striking to look at, but also because they offer a renewed perspective on the life you lead and the memories you've made.
Katy
Nov 03, 2007 Katy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all scrapbookers and book lovers
What a fun book, what a well written book, what a beautiful book. I am still digesting every nuance. The great thing about this book is that there are layers of inspiration. The designs are inspirational. The words are inspirational. The special calendar dates/holidays/celebrations are inspirational. Inspiration is simply oozing out of the pages.
Each page, each layout, each word, needs to be savored because they all contain golden nuggets of insight
Lately scrapbooking books, while gorgeous to l
Deirdre Keating
Mar 02, 2011 Deirdre Keating rated it it was amazing
I didn't think I'd ever buy a design book again, but this one is meaty---beautifully designed (it can lay flat, a big bonus), with the kind of photos and stories that make me want to create. Normally I dog-ear the pages I want to go back and study or lift after skimming a new book or magazine, but I'd be dog-earring this whole book.

For the 2nd year in a row, my Lenten promise isn't giving up a bad habit, but committing to do something creative for each of the 40 days. Leaving this book out on m
Lisa
Feb 23, 2008 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I am still reading this book but have browsed through it all quickly while waiting at the doctor's office. So I'm now going through it all again, this time more slowly, so I can savor every project and flag which ones I want to use as a starting point for a future project.

This book is full of inspiration!! So if you're in a slump or looking for a fresh perspective in your scrapbooking I highly recommend this. This is NOT one of those scrapbooking books filled with fluff projects. For me, I love
Erica
Apr 16, 2008 Erica rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this! I tended to savor it, reading on month at a time. Very creative and insightful, not to mention heartfelt. Looking at someone else's scrapbook pages is like being invited into a piece of her life, a hint of a memory. I am anxious to carve out a little more time to spend with my own memories and photos, etc. I am sort of friends with Elizabeth by proxy -- her sister Katherine and I are friends and colleagues, and through reading her blog, I got hooked on her sisters' blogs. ...more
Deborah
Aug 05, 2008 Deborah rated it it was amazing
The Scrapbooker's Almanac is based on the calendar -- drawing ideas and inspiration from both common and not-so-common days from Earth Day to National Inventor's month. Elizabeth Dillow picked 7 - 9 holidays for each month and presents a project for each day explaining the jumping-off point for the project.

I love this book - a fabulous resource! The book is beautifully put together and full of great ideas & inspiration. The projects and layouts are printed large -- so you can read the journa
Jenny
Mar 20, 2008 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafty-goodness
Just about the time I was going to send out a search party to find my shipment, my book arrived. Thanks Amazon, it was worth the wait. There really is something in here for everyone. What a beautiful book! I love the layouts, my only complaint would be that there aren't enough. (Well, there are, but really this could have 500 pages and it still wouldn't be enough.) I didn't want it to end. It doesn't matter what type of scrapbooker you are, you will find inspiration here. Simple, classic and wit ...more
Barb
Mar 07, 2012 Barb rated it it was amazing
A wonderful reference book of ideas for everday of the calendar year. Everyday is a inspiration to make a scrapbook page if your lost and can't think of anything. Everyday has tips and a colorful scrapbook page for you to reference. Everything from each holiday to one's you don't know even a holiday existed. There's Mother Goose Day, Bike Day, Julia Child's birthday, 1st crossword puzzle day, etc. etc. Wonderful book! You can't walk away without ideas on this one.
mindi
Nov 03, 2007 mindi rated it it was amazing
WOW! I FINALLY found a copy locally and read the entire book, cover to cover, tonight in the bookstore.

It is SO good, and so inspiring. I made a (not so small) list of ideas that I want to copy and make my own. You don't know how huge this is, I haven't done any form of scrapbooking in AGES. (the downside of blogging, i guess)

Adding this to the Christmas wish list.

Good job Elizabeth! :)
May 23, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Very cute! Not much of a scrapbooker but I found the examples pretty simple and encouraging. Perhaps I could be a better scrapbooker. I love the amount of jounraling. I'm a bit of a writer and tend to include more writing in my work than "details". I like that Elizabeth keeps it light on detail, heavy on words. Good job.
Lain
Dec 02, 2007 Lain rated it it was amazing
A must-have addition to any serious scrapbooker's library! Not only is the design brilliant, the sample projects and pages are gorgeous and easy to adapt to your own works. I love how Elizabeth blended her fascination with history with her love of scrapbooking. It's made me look at the calendar in a whole new way!
Sheri
Nov 13, 2007 Sheri rated it it was amazing
i got this book for Christmas! i was so excited to see it when I tore off the gift wrap.

it's been a great read (i'm reading all of the journaling). i love the originality of the concept. i'm inspired to scrap some Canadian special days that i might have overlooked before.
Stephanie
Jan 17, 2008 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
What a great book! As a calendar, organizational, planning nut, a handbook for scrapbooking and making memories around the calendar is right up my alley. I came away with so many ideas from reading this. Two thumbs up and I heartily recommend it to anyone's scrapbooking resource shelf. :)
Nadine
Dec 17, 2007 Nadine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: creativity
I'm not normally an idea book person. If I do buy one all I look at is the pictures, but given that Elizabeth is a super friend I thought I better read hers and wow! I found so many cool ideas and was so inspired to get back into scrapping! Thanks E, I am so proud of you for writing this!
Susie
Dec 17, 2007 Susie rated it it was amazing
A unique addition to any scrapbooker's idea book arsenal- Elizabeth and Co. design easy to apply ideas and not as well known annual celebrations to spark up any old timer's creative rut. I'm excited to have this in my library and even more excited to apply the ideas to my own paper crafting.
Carrie
Sep 16, 2010 Carrie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scapbooking
I love this book. This one has so many ideas that I want to try. I definately refer to this one often, as in several times a year.
Rmeyfe
Aug 13, 2008 Rmeyfe rated it liked it
Lots of pretty layouts but if you are someone like me who likes to scrapbook more things that are family oriented, maybe just borrow it from a friend.
Melanie
Aug 14, 2008 Melanie rated it it was amazing
I totally loved the whole unique concept of this book. It's well written, intelligent, and the projects and layouts are amazing throughout the book. A must have for every scrapper, in my opinion. :)
Julie Ivens
Jan 11, 2010 Julie Ivens rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-love
By far the best scrapbooking book out there that I have found so far. Gives daily inspiration with examples and is visually pleasing with worthwhile content.
Audrey
Sep 08, 2008 Audrey rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite scrapbooking books - Elizabeth has such an approachable voice and style. Love the entire concept here and find it to be so very flexible -- always a plus!
Marie Malone
Marie Malone rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2010
Becky
Becky rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2012
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2012
Abby
Abby rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2008
Mary
Aug 06, 2008 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafting
Excellent book and a must for scrapbookers everywhere!
Kristig
Kristig rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2010
Emilie
Emilie rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2008
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Elizabeth Dillow is the author of The Scrapbooker's Almanac as well as a photographer and maker of many crafty things. A former contributing editor of Simple Scrapbooks magazine, she teaches photography, design, and scrapbooking workshops, operates a local photography business, and writes as much as possible. She lives in Cheyenne, Wyoming, with her beloved family and Australian Kelpie rescue dog.
More about Elizabeth Dillow...