Start by marking “America 2040 (America 2040, #1)” as Want to Read:
America 2040 (America 2040, #1)

America 2040 (America 2040)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published March 1st 1986 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about America 2040, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about America 2040

Linda  Branham Greenwell
I loved this series. It is about: In the year 2033, the American president is given an ultimatum by his mad Russian counterpart: Let the Soviets take over the world or it will be destroyed. The president orders a spaceship built so that Americans can colonize a far-distant planet. War breaks out as the vessel lifts off, and communications are conveniently sabotaged so the fate of Earth is never known.

BUT... the story for me was what they encountered on the planet where they landed. The different
Godfather
Nov 01, 2007 Godfather rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
This is a series of 5 books about travel to distant planets by three teams of Americans, Brazilians and Russians. My wife doesn't like Science Fiction but she couldn't put down these books. There is very little "science" involved as opposed to political, emotional, and journey difficulties that are encountered.
Nathaniel
As a young adult I was taken with the science fiction concept of these books, but I didn't make it very far when I read them. So my reading this is an act of pure nostalgia on my part.

Here's the plot of this book, facing worldwide nuclear annihilation, the United States sends a starship filled with colonists to Cyngi Alpha A to start a new Earth colony.

Let's start with the incredibly unfair. As an act of prognostication, this book is negative stars. Technologically and geo-politically. The reaso
Dianne
I love this book. From page one Innes pulls us in to an incredible world of human survival. I have to keep buying replacement copies because they keep disappearing from my personal library. It's my hope that someday Innes will release a hard cover edition of this collection. :)
David
I really liked this series. Commies, guns, hot chicks, and robots, can't ask for more than that. It's been out of print for a long time and not available in ebook format. The author seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.
Ivaroni
I love this series. Great premise, if a little poorly written. However, the character development is well done (in the first book anyway). Fun read.
Joel
Very good story, but not written well. This is the first time I have had the power of a good story support a poorly written book.
John Leffe
Good Science Fiction.
Sommer
Sommer added it
Dec 01, 2014
Steve Ramsey
Steve Ramsey marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Stormy
Stormy added it
Oct 17, 2014
Cindy Revas
Cindy Revas marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Carl Gayle
Carl Gayle marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Ian Barron
Ian Barron marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Kevin Hornsby
Kevin Hornsby marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Jason
Jason added it
Jul 14, 2014
Leeanne
Leeanne marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Graeme
Graeme added it
Jun 12, 2014
Russell Williams
Russell Williams marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Al
Al marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Lew
Lew marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Kimberly Stone
Kimberly Stone marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
David
David added it
Mar 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Golden World (America 2040, #2) City in the Mist (America 2040, #3) The Return (America 2040, #4) The Star Explorer (America 2040, #5)