Start by marking “Empire's End (Star Wars: Dark Empire, #3)” as Want to Read:
Empire's End (Star Wars: Dark Empire, #3)

Empire's End (Star Wars: Dark Empire #3)

Emperor Palpatine has a new weapon -- one that can annihilate a planet. But he's not targeting a planet -- he's targeting the future of the Jedi, Leia's children. It looks like a hopeless situation for Luke Skywalker, who has the critical task of protecting the children. But it's not the first time Luke has found hope where none existed. The finale to the Dark Empire trilo ...more
Published October 7th 1997 by Dark Horse (first published October 17th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Empire's End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Empire's End

David Dalton
I read this comic book series YEARS ago. I have the QVC Gold Embossed covers for each book in this mini-series. I loved the story then (and now). It delved more into the world of Stars Wars and the Dark Side. At that point in time the first 3 episodes (I, II, & III) were not made yet and Star War fans were eager for more of Luke Skywalker. The main focus is Luke turning to the Dark Side, but being saved by love from family and friends. Something poor Anakin turned away from as we later learn ...more
Ben Yandle
Nov 17, 2016 Ben Yandle rated it liked it
Third verse barley better than the first... and the second. This one is saved by the fact that the fact that this plot could actually be a very cool way of showing the threat of what the other two were showing.
Cameron
Sep 26, 2014 Cameron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
On the one hand, this is a pretty awesome book. On the other hand it undoes some stuff from Jedi, which may or may not have been for the best. Spoiler: Boba Fett is alive, and so is the emperor. I like having Boba back because the character had so much potential, and it seemed like a wasted opportunity to kill him off so easily. I have mixed feelings about the emperor being back though. He makes a cool antagonist for the book, but it sort of undoes the epic sacrifice of Vader during episode VI. ...more
Bradley
Aug 29, 2009 Bradley rated it it was ok
The concluding part of the Dark Empire series has the intention of cleaning up the mess that was Dark Empire II and end up in the situation that begins in Kevin J Anderson's Jedi Academy trilogy. Empire's End was originally suppose to be a 6 part series but the fans clearly lost interest after the last one so this was reduced to a rushed two parter. As a result, the very quick pace hinders the story somewhat, though still an improvement over Dark Empire II. And hey, some actual colour! What a di ...more
B. Reese
An unfitting end to a really good series.

The art I don't think was by the same guy, and the punch line of how old Bip Palpatine bought the farm is kind of stupid.

I include it in canon, because it ties the series up, but also quasi canon because it really could have ended better. If i'd known it would end like this, I would have said the emperor should have stayed dead at the end of ROTJ.
Nathan
Jun 08, 2014 Nathan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great concept for a story, actual writing fell flat. It was a fairly short book and I still felt like I had to work hard to actually finish it...I'd skip reading it and just read the wookiepedia entry on it.
Brian
Apr 10, 2014 Brian rated it it was ok
wah-wah. the end. all in all, i enjoyed reading the star wars universe. i like most the ones set around the clone wars and episodes 1-3. i know that is kind of blasphemous, but jedi are way more interesting than the rebellion.
Peter
Jul 04, 2014 Peter rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars, sci-fi
a short finale to the story - but mostly enjoyable
David
Mar 13, 2014 David rated it did not like it
There are some cool concepts here, and the art is nice, but overall the third chapter of Veitch's Dark Empire trilogy is just a rushed hard-to-follow mess.
Dannie Stockman
Oct 05, 2013 Dannie Stockman rated it liked it
The conclusion to this awesome series. Very short, and doesn't match up to Dark Empire I, but better than Dark Empire II.
Matthew
Feb 04, 2016 Matthew rated it liked it
Audiobook
Eric Mikols
Jun 21, 2013 Eric Mikols rated it it was ok
Shelves: star-wars
Not very good at all, except for the final fate of the Emperor. The cool, cyberpunk art is gone and is replaced with some sloppy imitation work. This whole trilogy wasn't very impressive.
Miguel Abuel
Ridiculous story and weak voice acting
Claire B. Platteuw
Jan 19, 2014 Claire B. Platteuw rated it did not like it
This trilogy is clearly a waste of money... Oh, wait! I'll keep the books. Maybe they will be collectors in a few year and they will be worth something.
Skrud
Skrud rated it did not like it
Dec 28, 2015
Josh
Josh rated it did not like it
Jan 09, 2017
Henry
Henry rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2012
Timothy
Timothy rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2012
Ryan Sargent
Ryan Sargent rated it liked it
May 10, 2011
Annette
Annette rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2013
Andrew
Andrew rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2011
Yan Yanyan
Yan Yanyan rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2014
Malapata
Malapata rated it did not like it
Jan 22, 2014
Naga
Naga rated it did not like it
Aug 25, 2014
Johnny
Johnny rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Ari
Ari rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2009
Thedude 3445
Thedude 3445 rated it it was ok
Apr 30, 2010
ビル
ビル rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2013
Brandon Mata
Brandon Mata rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2013
Rob Silverstein
Rob Silverstein rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Jedi Knight (Star Wars: Dark Forces, #3)
  • Crimson Empire, Volume 1 (Star Wars: Crimson Empire, #1)
  • Star Wars Omnibus: Menace Revealed
  • Mandatory Retirement (Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron, #9)
  • Star Wars Omnibus - Early Victories
  • Jedi Academy: Leviathan (Star Wars)
  • Blood Ties - Jango and Boba Fett
  • Star Wars: Jango Fett - Open Seasons
  • Star Wars: Empire, Volume 1: Betrayal
  • Star Wars Tales, Vol. 6
  • Star Wars: Jango Fett
  • Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka (Star Wars: The Lando Calrissian Adventures, #3)
  • The Moment of Truth (Star Wars: Jedi Quest, #7)
  • Bloodshot, Volume 3: Harbinger Wars
  • Nightbringer
  • Clone Wars - The Defense of Kamino and Other Tales

Star Wars: Dark Empire (3 books)
  • Dark Empire I