Start by marking “Survival of the Christmas Spirit (The Survival Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Survival of the Christmas Spirit (The Survival Series, #2)

Survival of the Christmas Spirit (The Survival Series #2)

“Why the hell did I think cooking for nineteen people would be a good idea?”

It's Christmas and Dottie Harris is planning the biggest and best celebration ever, especially as she's planning to announce the news of her third pregnancy to her family.

Published December 19th 2013 (first published December 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Survival of the Christmas Spirit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survival of the Christmas Spirit

Sophie
Jul 09, 2015 Sophie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Posted in full http://www.reviewedthebook.co.uk/2015...

Survival of the Christmas Spirit is the standalone third instalment of the Survival series, Aimee Horton’s witty and realistic outlook on being a mother of small, chaotic children. You don’t need to have read Survival of the Ginnest or Lush in Translation beforehand but they are both great fun and quick reads so please do! I was very excited to spot Survival of the Christmas Spirit on Amazon. The series’ main character Dottie Harris is hila
B.R. Maycock
Dec 08, 2015 B.R. Maycock rated it it was amazing
Oh how I enjoyed this! There are some stories that are so easy to read and the pages turn in your hand so quickly that you begin to worry what will happen when you get to the end. This was one such story. Dottie Harris is hit on Christmas Eve with extra guests for Christmas Day and it is taken with both positivity and frustration! I had heard of ‘Survival of The Christmas Spirit’ described as ‘mom lit’ and I suppose that’s what it is, it’s for those of you who are looking forward to Christmas ...more
Angie
Nov 23, 2015 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: advent-reads
Synopsis: "“Why the hell did I think cooking for nineteen people would be a good idea?”

But as always, nothing runs smoothly for Dottie, and it's not long before her two gruesome children, hapless husband and a nasty case of morning sickness are playing havoc with her carefully planned spreadsheets.

Can Dottie throw the perfec
Rachel Gilbey
Oct 25, 2015 Rachel Gilbey rated it it was amazing
This book was recommended to me by another blogger, and although I downloaded it, at the time, I groaned at the thought of yet another Christmas book to read. Having just had a spare hour, I thought I would read it, as I knew it was a short story. All I can say is Thank You to Sophie at Reviewed the Book. I loved this.

This is 56 pages of non stop Christmas humour that anyone who has ever had 4 last minute guests foisted upon them on Christmas Eve, will completely relate to.

Christmas Day has be
Bethany Clark
Dec 04, 2015 Bethany Clark rated it it was amazing
I have had an amazing afternoon at work, reading this fun holiday read! Yes you heard me correctly, I read all afternoon! (In between calls and transactions that is!)
Dottie is trying to plan and execute the best Christmas she possibly muster, for the first time at her home and she has it down or so she things...
Her mother calls her the last minute on Christmas Eve and adds 6 more people to the list, is she serious? Dottie gets two crazy kids ready to leave the house and prepares to buy more turk
Melinda
Dec 24, 2015 Melinda rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Hilarious, sentimental. I empathized with Dottie, no doubt a few of us have been in her shoes at one time or another, granted maybe not as quasi catastrophic but close nonetheless. Certainly this family will not forget such a memorable holiday in more ways than one.

Despite the numerous mishaps poor Dottie faced they ultimately reenforced the fact no matter what hiccups occur it's being together, sharing the moment that matters most.

Witty, quick holiday read sure to make you smile during this joy
Alison
Oct 24, 2015 Alison rated it it was amazing
I read this in less than an hour .. it is absolutely fabulous! You alternate between laughing, crying & nodding your head in complete agreement in a 'been there, done that' fashion. Follow Dottie's trials & tribulations of hosting the perfect family Christmas ... bless her! A perfect read any time of year but especially in the fraught run up to Christmas period.
Chelsea
Dec 01, 2015 Chelsea rated it really liked it
Loved it! Full Review on Blog.
Leanne Keenoo
Aug 31, 2015 Leanne Keenoo rated it liked it
Lighthearted fun look at Xmas survival in a busy household.
Very short book
Julie Barrett
Feb 16, 2016 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it
Survival of the Christmas Spirit
She's hosting the family Christmas dinner at her house. She has the tables all set even the ones for the kids.
Her mom calls and there will be others now. She hurries out Christmas eve to get more food. In the rain she can't find any more turkey.
It's laughable as her husband is so calm. So many things happen to dampen her spirit. It really can't get much worse but all comes to a climax at the dinner table when it's revealed...
Sometimes it's just the simple things
Grass monster
Mar 15, 2016 Grass monster rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although id not read the other books by Aimee, this Christmas story can be read as a standalone. Set over 2days Christmas eve and Christmas day. It follows Dottie trying her best to cater for the family over Christmas. Full of non stop humour, i finished this in one sitting. Deffinetly one to be read in the lead up to Christmas. True to life and very funny.
Tere Fredericks
Dec 03, 2015 Tere Fredericks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Everything

That can go wrong this Christmas does. And no gin, either! This sweet story of a very special Christmas where one poor woman has six extras for dinner, not counting the cat, and how she keeps her head on and that's about it. Makes my Christmases of yore so wonderful.
Leanne
Dec 21, 2014 Leanne rated it liked it
This book was ok, but that's all!!!! it's really annoying how her children are called "the monster" and "the chubster " and not their real names
was a freebie and I would probably read another by this author but only if they were free
Vicki Lesage
Mar 23, 2016 Vicki Lesage rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love me a good Christmas novella... and this one was great! If you want some laughs around the holiday season (or really anytime) read this book!
Marilyn
Dec 17, 2015 Marilyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

the English women in this book is one who goes thru so much for family and the things she has happen
Jean Westergaard
Jean Westergaard rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2015
Elle Meyer
Elle Meyer rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
Serena rees
Serena rees rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
Carla Aycock
Carla Aycock rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2016
LindaChow
LindaChow rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
Dec 17, 2015
maureen heselpoth
maureen heselpoth rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2016
Rosie
Rosie rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2014
sarah lewis
sarah lewis rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Lisa-jane
Lisa-jane rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2015
Guadalupe Trejo
Guadalupe Trejo rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2015
Jennifer Green
Jennifer Green rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2014
Steven Adkison
Steven Adkison rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Stacey
Stacey rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2014
Author and writer of anything that pays for her ASOS habit, Aimee lives in Lincoln with her husband and two children. She released her first book from The Survival Series in 2013, and hasn't looked back since.

A self-confessed social media addict, when she's not writing books or drinking gin you can usually find Aimee on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.

Survival of the Ginnest is OUT NOW.
Lush in Tran
More about Aimee Horton...

The Survival Series (4 books)
  • Survival of the Ginnest (The Survival Series, #1)
  • Lush in Translation, a short story (The Survival Series, #3)
  • Mothers Ruined: A Novel