Start by marking “Deus Vitae, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Deus Vitae, Vol. 1

Deus Vitae, Vol. 1

2.43 of 5 stars 2.43  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  4 reviews
In the year 2068, when the Brain Computer--in charge of all the machines on Earth--replaces humans with androids, as it deems them unnecessary to the ecosystem, a small band of survivors waits in the shadows for the opportunity to regain control.
Published June 8th 2004 by TokyoPop (first published June 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Deus Vitae, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deus Vitae, Vol. 1

Gemma Thomson
I had this series recommended to me by a Tokyopop representative, since I was just starting out in manga and had really only latched on to the awesome Ghost in the Shell works by Shirow Masamune. I was told the series might be the best match they had as a publisher.

Deus Vitae features some impressive artwork, and that's certainly what convinced me to buy into it. The artwork really is its only merit though, as the plot, framing and dialogue quickly descend past the realm of 'bad' and border unse
Jul 22, 2015 Zaru rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
Plot is pretty good, the artwork is also good but it does get confusing at times. I found myself wondering who was fighting who and what just blew up and why, so the fight scenes are really suffering as a result. The rest is all right though. Also boobs, plenty of boobs.
Robert Beveridge
Takuya Fujima, Deus Vitae vol. 1 (Tokyopop, 2004)

In Fujima's dark, Terminator-esque version of the future, humans have been extinct, replaced by a race of artificial humans called the Solenoids. Or so the Solenoids think-- it turns out some humans still exist, and have been living off the grid for some time. When a human infiltrates one of the four very hearts of Solenoid society, things start to go, shall we say, a little awry. Drenched in sex and violence, Deus Vitae isn't a manga for the kidd
Just lots of stuff blowing up - I didn't really follow it. If indeed there was anything to follow.
Courtney Hancock
Courtney Hancock is currently reading it
Nov 21, 2015
Marc marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Eric added it
Sep 21, 2015
Shandi marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Kathleen Gregory
Kathleen Gregory marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Ellen Cross
Ellen Cross marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Erin marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Amy ~Lover of Books~
Amy ~Lover of Books~ marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Nigel Fisher
Nigel Fisher marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Evan added it
Dec 22, 2013
Evan marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Jared Bovard
Jared Bovard marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013