Start by marking “Strong Women, Strong Bones, Updated” as Want to Read:
Strong Women, Strong Bones, Updated

Strong Women, Strong Bones, Updated

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  63 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Based on the latest scientific information, and including practical advice on the best nutrition, exercise, and medication, Strong Women, Strong Bones is an essential guide for any woman who wants to know more about the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis. Includes:

A one-hour-per-year plan for healthy bones
A self-test to assess risk factors
Facts on the most accurate b
Published April 4th 2006 by TarcherPerigee (first published January 31st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Strong Women, Strong Bones, Updated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strong Women, Strong Bones, Updated

Robin
Feb 06, 2016 Robin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help, health
Miriam Nelson’s books are superior to many other health books for two reasons. First, she cites the scientific research that supports her statements; it’s not hearsay or personal experiences that lead her to conclusions—even though she does have osteoporosis. A professor at Tufts University School of Medicine and 2015 chair of the President's Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition, she checks and documents her facts. Second, the layout of her books makes important points easy to understand, u ...more
Joy
Written by Miriam Nelson, Ph.D., whose research in the area of osteoporosis has been published in a number of reputable and distinguished journals, including the Journal of the American Medical Association and the New England Journal of Medicine, and Sarah Wernick, Ph.D., an award-winning freelance health writer, Strong Women, Strong Bones is one of the most comprehensive looks at osteoporosis to be found anywhere. It's not only informative, it's also practical, providing a step-by-step process ...more
Marti
Dec 28, 2011 Marti rated it liked it
This was nicely done, with a lot of information. I had done the Strong Women weight training program several winters ago, and have continued doing the leg exercises, but not the arm ones, as I have had a problem lately with my right wrist. There was a fair amount of repetition--which seems to be necessary for these authors to fill up a whole book. She mentioned some medications which are new to me. I would take it with me if I were going to consult about my worsening bone density.
Linda
Jun 28, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book from Miriam Nelson. I would recommend for any woman suffering from osteoporosis (like me.)
Janet O
Feb 15, 2016 Janet O rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All women, of all ages, should read this book.
Liz De Coster
I more browsed this book than read it comprehensively - I already know about my risk factors, and was looking for information on diet and exercise change to take action. It would be nice if there were .pdfs or online information about the exercises, which would seem more convenient.
Gloria
Aug 03, 2008 Gloria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Angie, Brenda, Yvonne, Lisa, and Tori,
My "Book Club" will really enjoy this book.
Marsha
Nov 20, 2010 Marsha marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Good exercise program --
Lise
Lise marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Jody L. Stejskal-Johnson
Jody L. Stejskal-Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Monika Harmon
Monika Harmon rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Sue
Sue added it
Jul 04, 2016
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2016
CeAnne
CeAnne rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Kathy Duffy
Kathy Duffy rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
Joellen
Joellen rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Joseph Gyure
Joseph Gyure rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Ruth
Ruth rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
Susan Troccolo
Susan Troccolo rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2015
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2015
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Lynne Wright
Lynne Wright rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2015
Jennifer Eladon
Jennifer Eladon rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2015
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Pippa
Pippa rated it it was ok
Mar 05, 2015