Start by marking “Strong Women, Strong Bones, Updated” as Want to Read:
Strong Women, Strong Bones, Updated

Strong Women, Strong Bones, Updated

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Based on the latest scientific information, and including practical advice on the best nutrition, exercise, and medication, Strong Women, Strong Bones is an essential guide for any woman who wants to know more about the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis. Includes:

A one-hour-per-year plan for healthy bones
A self-test to assess risk factors
Facts on the most accurate b
Published April 4th 2006 by Perigee Books (first published January 31st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Strong Women, Strong Bones, Updated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strong Women, Strong Bones, Updated

Joy
Written by Miriam Nelson, Ph.D., whose research in the area of osteoporosis has been published in a number of reputable and distinguished journals, including the Journal of the American Medical Association and the New England Journal of Medicine, and Sarah Wernick, Ph.D., an award-winning freelance health writer, Strong Women, Strong Bones is one of the most comprehensive looks at osteoporosis to be found anywhere. It's not only informative, it's also practical, providing a step-by-step process ...more
Marti
This was nicely done, with a lot of information. I had done the Strong Women weight training program several winters ago, and have continued doing the leg exercises, but not the arm ones, as I have had a problem lately with my right wrist. There was a fair amount of repetition--which seems to be necessary for these authors to fill up a whole book. She mentioned some medications which are new to me. I would take it with me if I were going to consult about my worsening bone density.
Linda
Another good book from Miriam Nelson. I would recommend for any woman suffering from osteoporosis (like me.)
Liz De Coster
I more browsed this book than read it comprehensively - I already know about my risk factors, and was looking for information on diet and exercise change to take action. It would be nice if there were .pdfs or online information about the exercises, which would seem more convenient.
Gloria
Aug 03, 2008 Gloria rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Angie, Brenda, Yvonne, Lisa, and Tori,
My "Book Club" will really enjoy this book.
Marsha
Nov 20, 2010 Marsha marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Good exercise program --
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Cameron
Cameron marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Rasoul
Rasoul marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Andrea
Andrea added it
May 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Strong Women Stay Young Strong Women Stay Slim Strong Women Eat Well Strong Women and Men Beat Arthritis Strong Women, Strong Hearts