Start by marking “Cuidado Con Tus Deseos! (Escalofríos, #11) (Goosebumps, #12)” as Want to Read:
Cuidado Con Tus Deseos! (Escalofríos, #11) (Goosebumps, #12)

Cuidado Con Tus Deseos! (Escalofríos, #11) (Goosebumps #12)

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  7,410 Ratings  ·  185 Reviews
Tænk dig godt om!
Samantha Byrd er en klodsmajor! Hun er en omvandrende katastrofe og rent til grin på pigernes basketballhold. Især Samanthas klassekammerat Judith er led mod hende og gør alt, hvad hun kan, for at gøre livet surt for hende.
Men så møder Samantha en, der vil opfylde tre ønsker for hende. Det er bare ærgerligt, at hun ikke tænker sig lidt bedre om. For hendes
Published July 28th 1996 by Norma (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Cuidado Con Tus Deseos! (Escalofríos, #11), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cuidado Con Tus Deseos! (Escalofríos, #11)

Lazar
Carmen
Apr 28, 2015 Carmen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children; Parents
Samantha Byrd is full of anger. She has a nasty temper. She is 12-years-old and very tall. She is clumsy. Other kids make fun of her. Especially Judith. Samantha exacerbates this by yelling at them and getting into fights.

I looked down at my brand-new shoes covered in gloppy yellow pudding.
And that's when I lost it.
I uttered an angry roar and went for Judith's throat.
I didn't plan it or anything. I think it was temporary insanity.
I just reached out with both hands and grabbed Judith by the
Connie
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Unknown

Title: Be Careful What You Wish For
Series: Goosebumps #12
Author: RL Stine
Overall Rating: 3 stars

Samantha Byrd is the tallest girl in her class, she's smart, she's funny, she plays sports...The only thing holding her back from being popular and liked, her clumsiness. She believes that she's the clumsiest person in the world and when Judith Belwood starts making her life a living hell, she wishes that she could change everything. Little does she know,
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Μία ιστορία που σου προκαλεί έναν εσωτερικό φόβο και μια αγωνία που δεν είναι πάντα εύκολο να την περιγράψεις. Μια ιστορία που σήμερα φαντάζει τραγικά σύγχρονη, αφού ο σχολικός εκφοβισμός και η συναισθηματική βία είναι φαινόμενο των καιρών μας περισσότερο από ποτέ. Και ιστορίες σαν κι αυτές αποδεικνύουν πως καμιά φορά τα προβλήματα δεν λύνονται με "εύκολες" αποφάσεις, και πως το να πολεμήσεις τη βία -οποιασδήποτε μορφής-, με βία, μπορεί να είναι η οριστική καταστροφή σου.
Brandi
Jul 22, 2013 Brandi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Defaulting to 5 stars because this is a book from my childhood. I cut my teeth on R.L. Stine and have always thought back to these books with a smile. This was such a fun step back in time too! Things are so different now. :/

I didn't end up finishing this, because I gave it to my son to read and I picked up my adult book, lol, but I still love this series--how could I not?!

Sydney Miller
Oct 01, 2009 Sydney Miller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comfort-books, oldd
Kyrie Keka
Buku ini aku baca waktu masih SMP. Tentu aja dalam versi terjemahan Bahasa Indonesia. Waktu jaman aku SD, SMP sampe SMA, buku R.L. Stine macem Goosebumps gini emang jadi pilihan paling sering buat kubaca (selain Doraemon, komik-komik serial cantik dan serial Lupus). Aku baca beberapa Goosebumps, tapi lupa apa aja. Dan yang paling kuingat adalah buku yang ini.

Buku ini menceritakan tentang Samantha Byrd yang sering jadi bahan tertawaan teman-temannya di tim basket. Dia cewek yang tinggi, punya kel
Patrica
Mar 01, 2013 Patrica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a story about a twelve year old girl named Samantha Byrd. Sam is a very tall girl for her age and is the tallest girl in her seventh grade class. Being that she is so tall, this makes her very clumsy. Sam is always tripping over things and isn't a very good basketball player. The kids constantly tease her calling her "stork" and "fly away bird". Judith and Anna are the meanest ones to Sam.

One day when Sam meets a strange woman and helps her get home, the woman grants Sam three wishes.
David Santos
Sep 12, 2011 David Santos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps
I was never good in math, but I counted 6 wishes instead of three. Course a few were retracted, but still with my ADD I can't keep up.

Be careful what you wish for is true when what you say has double meaning or can be taken multiple ways. Asking for someone to disappear is pretty clear, but you will read what actually happens. It's like saying 'I wish everyone would just leave me alone!" Thats a wish that can be taken two ways. They could leave you alone by not annoying you or bothering you anym
Josiah
Jun 04, 2009 Josiah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would give this book two and a half stars.
"Be Careful What You Wish For..." stands out, to me, as one of the most interesting of all the R.L. Stine books that I have read. The plot turns unexpected corners and broaches the title topic very well and in a balanced manner, subtly driving home the point while simultaneously delivering a harrowing story that I found to be truly gripping. The ways in which Sam's wishes go unexpectedly awry are not at all obvious to the average reader (which alread
Reeva
Nov 16, 2011 Reeva rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Contains Spoilers!!!!!!

Man, Sam is a complete idiot. Why did she wish Judith met the witch? She should have just left at "I wish I never met you". I think her first wish should have been, "I wish I wasn't a klutz". That would have been a good wish, All her other wishes were retarded! I didn't like this book, especially the ending. It was not appealing at all.

I also realized that in almost every Goosebumps books the main character is 12 years old, there is a terrier at some point, someone has red
Darcy McLaughlin
Sam Byrd is a super tall, uncoordinated, unatheletic, unpopular 6th grader. We get introduced to her by having her trip in her math class and plant on the floor. Of course, she's tripped by the evil Judith who is her biggest bully/rival in the school. As we come to learn Judith is just an unrelenting bitch of a kid. Sam is forced to solve a math problem in class but of course is such a loser that she can't do basic math and everyone laughs at her (teacher included).

In Home Ec. class with her fat
Travis Kesinger
Personal Reaction: I think the Goosebumps collection is an excellent example of advanced transitional books. The books are set up in chapter format, have a higher word count per page, and are overall longer than younger children's books. This book in particular was suspenseful and would certainly keep a new reader engaged. I think if I was first beginning to read and I saw this expansive world of imagination open in front of me through suspenseful and intense books like this one I would love lit ...more
Danny
Dec 01, 2010 Danny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comfort-books
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Tiffany Spencer
Plot: Samantha Byrd is the klutziest girl in her class. She's always getting ridiculed by the likes of mean, popular, girls like Judith and Ana, who use the lame insult "Byrd I wish you would just fly away". After a bad day at school Samantha comes across "The Crystal Lady", an odd lady that seems to have lost her way in the woods. Samantha helps her find her destination and the lady grants her three wishes. But as we all know if we watch Once Upon A Time, "All magic comes with a price". Samanth ...more
John Paul
Sep 29, 2014 John Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book. there was this girl that was always get picked on and stuff they basically bully her. Then randomly out of nowhere she bumps into an old lady. The old lady had been following her because she had help the old lady before and she was trying to repay her by granting her three wishes. The old lady was saying "Three wishes" trying to lower her voice because she didn't want anyone else to hear her. So she played along and started to say her wishes her first wish was to be a good bask ...more
Alysha DeShaé
One of the few (if not the only) Goosebumps book that doesn't really have a monster or some otherworldly "thing" going on. Yes, you get wishes, but the villains are peer pressure and human cruelty.
Chara
Adrianna
Mar 13, 2010 Adrianna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i thinked i love that story because of its lesson it tells to u cant always get everything and u have to put up with it i thinked it was so funny too.
Cybelle
In this spin on a famous moral, the theme is caution. Samantha Byrd is granted three wishes by a mysterious woman. She wishes to be the strongest girl on her basketball team, only to have all her other teammates get sick. She then wishes for Judith, a girl who is bullying her, to disappear, but ends up making everyone on Earth vanish. She eventually learns to act with caution while making life decisions. This book is a good addition to the Goosebumps series, but the plot is predictable and the c ...more
Angie
Feb 06, 2009 Angie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first and my favorite Goosebumps book when I was a child. I was in love after that!
Dustin Spencer
This is more like a 2.5
Honestly, I had some high hopes for this book, but honestly, it let me down. First, I did not consider it all the scary, second, Sam really annoyed me. Normally, you'd see a character a grow and change and progress as a character, but instead, we get her not learning anything after the wishes turn out to not be as planned. The story itself is alright, I'd like to have known more about the Crystal Ball Woman, and for Sam to have had to struggle more with the wishes that go
Mark Seeber
Oct 17, 2015 Mark Seeber rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series; the nostalgia prone
So far, it appears Stine has three types of stories: suspense, mystery, jokes. Whatever the names are. This falls into the latter, where humorous irony answers a directionless idea and you end up with a punch líne. It floats more that The Girl Who Cried Monster because the story is segmented by her wishes, though it takes as long to get to the point as most of the other stories. I much liked the bad guy winning gimmick, the characterization has consistently remained improved since The Ghost Next ...more
Veronica Ika
Jul 09, 2015 Veronica Ika rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel
Samantha Byrd is a popular girl in her school, but not in the right way. She's too tall, and reckless, and clumsy. Everyone likes to make a fool of her, especially Judith, who loves to make her feeling miserable. Samantha even thinks that if she had a wish, it would be to destroy Judith.

One day she helps a strange and lost woman finding her way, and the woman grants her three wishes as gratitude. Unbelievable like it is, everything she wishes has came true. However they happen in a wrong way.
Christy
Oct 03, 2015 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anybody who wants good scare
Samantha (Sam) Byrd is on the basket ball team and all might be great for her if she wasn't a klutz. The school makes fun of her because of this especially Judith and Anna who are also on the basketball team.

Judith is always doing things to Sam like tripping her, makes fun of her and even more things. Sam runs out of the school riding her bike as fast as she can she is so upset at the other girl one afternoon. She rides until she is near the woods stopping. She decides she best go home, but bef
Jay
Sep 24, 2014 Jay rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Be Careful What You Wish For is terrible. It is not scary... AT ALL. In fact, it's more humorous than anything else. The basic premise is Samantha, the most pathetic girl in school, helps out a some crazy witch lady who grants her three wishes. As the title implies, the wishes don't exactly go as planned.

The first issue was Samantha's wishes. They aren't at all what a normal sixth grader would wish for. First, she wishes to be the best player on her basketball team. Predictably, rather than gett
Maggie Gordon
Star Rating: * 1/2

Samantha Byrd is an awkward pre-teen who just can’t seem to catch a break. She’s constantly bullied by a fellow classmate, and all she wants is a fresh start. When she helps a mysterious woman, Clarissa, across town, she’s offered three wishes for compensation. As the title suggests, however, wishes must be carefully used. Every time Samantha wishes for something, her desires come true, but with terrible repercussions. She becomes the best basketball player when everyone else o
Kami
Dane Cobain
Apr 25, 2016 Dane Cobain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The concept behind Be Careful What You Wish For is pretty simple, and it’s one that people have used before in things like fairy tales. Stine effectively takes a look at how having a wish come true might not be the best thing that ever happened to you, and it’s a lot of fun along the way. I have fond memories of reading this book as a kid, but even taking an objective look at it as an adult, there’s a lot to be said for it. And it’s just the right amount of scary, too.
Faridatul Mardhiyyah
I found that Sam's characters was funny because she was overthinking about her haters and poor because her wishes had been ruined her life and for me, Sam was stupid main character I ever read--sorry to say.

From this book I got something to learn: be careful when you dislike or hate someone because sometimes, when we're mad or angry to someone we hate, we're often don't think carefully, make we speaks something danger. Hahaha.
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones (Scary Stories, #3)
  • Kristy for President (The Baby-Sitters Club, #53)
  • The Forgotten (Animorphs, #11)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)

“The kid moved, and Judith dropped her lunch tray on the table and took her seat. "Would you like to swap lunches?" she asked me. "Yours looks so much better than mine."
I was holding a mashed-up tunafish sand-wich. "This?" I asked, waving it. Half the tunafish fell out of the soggy bread.
"Yum!" Judith exclaimed. "Want my pizza, Sam? Here. Take it." She slid her tray in front of me. "You bring great lunches. I wish my mum packed lunches like yours."
I could see Cory staring at me , his eyes wide with disbelief.
I really couldn't believe it, either. All Judith wanted from the world was to be exactly like me!”
11 likes