Start by marking “World War II (DK Eyewitness Book) (DK Eyewitness Books)” as Want to Read:
World War II (DK Eyewitness Book) (DK Eyewitness Books)

World War II (DK Eyewitness Book) (DK Eyewitness Books)

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  184 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
New Look! Relaunched with new jackets and 8 pages of new text!

World War II was one of the most destructive episodes in human history. Never before, or since, has the world witnessed such widespread bloodshed. Beginning with the events that led to its outbreak, World War II goes on to introduce the main leaders and highlight the decisive moments. From Pear Harbor, Midway,
Published August 2nd 2004 by DK CHILDREN (first published September 15th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about World War II (DK Eyewitness Book), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about World War II (DK Eyewitness Book)

Wilde Sky
Nov 03, 2014 Wilde Sky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book contains details about WWII.

I quite enjoyed this book, it was a bit superficial and was a bit chaotic (in terms of layout) but it still contained some interesting details.
Mashmc
Apr 07, 2016 Mashmc rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Our kids have a whole set of these books, but I've steered clear of them mostly because of the magazine-like format. Will brought this home and I picked it up one night and couldn't put it down. The content is choppy, but the pictures are amazing and the writing feels balanced. This was a difficult topic to aim at school-age children, and yet it didn't feel too gory or too saccharine. I learned a whole lot and I recommend it as a great cliff notes on WWII.
Timothy Boyd
Jan 21, 2016 Timothy Boyd rated it it was amazing
OK I know these are supposed to be kid books but they are awesome! Great pictures and just enough text to make you want to learn more. Great choices for a beginning history reader or to start an older reader out in a new area. Every time I pick one of these up and read it I learn new things. Did you know that German women during the war were awarded medals based on the number of children they had to replenish the German Army. Highly Recommended
Karissa
Feb 03, 2015 Karissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome information! Loved the pictures and graphics. I learned a lot of things that I hadn't known before.
Timothy Boyd
Jul 05, 2014 Timothy Boyd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ethangd96
Mar 23, 2011 Ethangd96 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3rd-tri
This book is all about WWII. It shows lots of facts and things that nobody would ever know.This book is also great for people to right a report on it and shows definitely. It also has a lot about the depression and how it started and ended. Adolf Hitler was a man slaughterer and he was a very bad person but, in German people heads.....he was the Fuhrer.

Duane
Nov 26, 2009 Duane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For someone wanting to introduce WW2 to young readers, this is a great starter book. Filled with amazing photographs, the reader can slowly turn pages and see how the work began, continued and ended for so many different ages and genres of people. Great book for all ages but mostly suited to preteens.
Michael Delgado
Oct 29, 2013 Michael Delgado rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. From the start of the war, to propaganda posters, to the atomic bomb explosions in Japan, I enjoyed it. I would recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in World War II. I really wish I could read this book all over again, and get some more facts.
Charlie
Sep 02, 2013 Charlie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is more of a reference book. I'm trying to read it as a novel, but it's just so hard, because its set up with pictures and different information scattered accross the pages in no particular order.
محمد  الخواص
بالرغم من انه
اجمالى غير تفصيلى
امتاعى غير تاصيلى
الا انه
رائع من غير تحليلى
مفضل من غير تأويلى

بمعنى انه يزودك بصور ومعلومات اساسية ومحورية فى الاحداث الا انها لا تغنى عن اى تفاصيل ولا تكتفى بها

Luca
Apr 09, 2016 Luca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was really good. It taught me some things that I didn't know or see before in my life.
Kamvball
Oct 08, 2011 Kamvball rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice brief history of most of the important events that happened during the war.
Matty
Sep 04, 2011 Matty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ww2, photo
Like all Eyewitness Books, this one is awesome & has great photos.
Timothy
Good information for a nice short and sweet quick read
Jhonathan
Jun 23, 2011 Jhonathan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
so cool its better than the other book
PWRL
Oct 09, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
A
LOHITH
LOHITH marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Ehsan Hedayati
Ehsan Hedayati rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Carmelita
Carmelita rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Elena
Elena marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Cheryl Kelly
Cheryl Kelly rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Emily Kirby
Emily Kirby rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2016
Lee
Lee rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Keri
Keri marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Zah_01
Zah_01 added it
Jun 14, 2016
Isabella
Isabella marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Kyler
Kyler marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Camilla Cruz
Camilla Cruz marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
  • Dinosaur (DK Eyewitness)
  • Ancient Rome
  • Medieval Life
  • A Picture Book of Anne Frank
  • Knight
  • Viking
  • Shark
  • Crystal & Gem
  • Rocks & Minerals (Eyewitness Books)
  • Battle
  • Danger in the Darkest Hour (Magic Tree House Super Edition #1)
  • Attack on Pearl Harbor
  • True Stories of the Second World War
  • Weapon: A Visual History of Arms and Armor
  • Gandhi
  • The Unofficial LEGO Builder's Guide
  • Aztec, Inca, and Maya
  • Ancient Egypt
Simon Adams is a writer and editor of children’s non-fiction and reference books. He specializes in history, politics and current affairs and has written extensively on exploration, music and the arts. He is also a well established jazz critic and reviewer. Simon has also contributed to family and adult reference books and has been an editorial consultant on various history and other titles.
Simon
More about Simon Adams...