Padang Bayang Kelabu (Memories of Midnight)

Padang Bayang Kelabu (Memories of Midnight)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  9,982 ratings  ·  203 reviews
Constantin Demiris-biliuner, pecinta seni, penakluk wanita… dan pembunuh. Pada Noelle, perempuan yang mengkhianatinya, dan Larry, laki-laki yang mencuri Noelle, Demiris menjatuhkan hukuman yang kejam. Tapi balas dendam Demiris yang mengerikan itu belumlah tuntas... Ioannina, Yunani dalam lingkungan biara terpencil, seorang wanita muda bangkit dari trauma kehilangan daya in...more
Soft Cover, 504 pages
Published 1991 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1990)

Anushka
What a painful read this has been!
Everything from the plot to the writing was utterly banal. This book didn't manage to quirk my interest at any point. The whole thing to me seemed blatantly stupid, to be honest.
Characters, along with being hackneyed were also completely unrealistic. Especially, Constantin Dimires who was most ludicrous of all.
I've read 2 Sidney Sheldon books before this and one thing that I've found to be consistent in his novels is the dreadful writing. The language, as alway...more
Hind
يمكنني ان اقول عنها ممتعة رغم انها ليست بروعة كتابات سيدني
Jeremy Bates
Memories of Midnight (1990) is a sequel to The Other Side of Midnight (1973), what many people consider to be one of his best novels. Memories, however, holds its own mixing revenge, greed, justice, and romance.

I think it's a sign of a good book if, after some ten odd years, you can read it again and remember nearly all of the characters. That's what this one was like for me.

Demiris, the vengeful Greek billionaire; Chotas, the brilliant lawyer; and Catherine, the amnesic who just wants to fall i...more
Benjamin Thomas
This is the sequel to The Other Side of Midnight and a worthy sequel all round. While the first was published in 1973, it wasn't until 1990 that this sequel was published. And since the first could have easily stood alone, I feel sure the author bowed to reader and publisher demand to provide a follow-up. Often that scenario ends in disaster for the second book but that's not the case here.

This is basically a book of double-crossing. I mean everybody double and triple crosses everybody else in t...more
Azzahro Wijaya
Saya salut sama Sidney Sheldon. Saya salut sama Constantin Demiris. Setiap kali membaca novel karya Sidney Sheldon, saya selalu "ditipu" dengan berbagai cara. di Novel ini Demiris yang tengah dipermainkan oleh rivalnya yang berusaha menjatuhkannya, bersikap seolah-olah ia akan kalah. Namun pada akhirnya ia berhasil memenangkan pertandingan sengit kepada rival-rivalnya.

Noel Page yang berhasil dibunuhnya seakan-akan bangkit dari kubur untuk membalas dendam kepada Constantin Demiris, namun Costa t...more
Sherry
Tip for anybody wanting to read this book... YOU HAVE TO READ PART ONE FIRST!!! PART ONE IS OTHER SIDE OF MIDNIGHT. YOU NEED TO READ THAT BOOK TO UNDERSTAND THIS. both of them are GREAT!
people dont like this book because they have not read other side of midnight. both books are outstanding and are a must read for any mystery lover. I was thoroughly gripped by this book.
However... i will give this book a lower rating only because throughout the book Catherine is getting serious with guys she does...more
Deep Shikha
it’s just me or what…That Demiris character from first book of @the otherside of the midnight'; is completely metamorphosed from being a powerful intelligent strategy billionaire to criminal and altogether evil… In this sequel?? urgh..and Madam Catherine alexander as usual cry baby...not sure if m liking this sequel...the first book was way better.
Ms.tiptress
Catherine is back and still crying like a baby and dying to fall in love! UGH! Hate that part of the story..

Besides that... This one was entertaining but not as good as the other one.

Demiris is back and ready to hunt down and kill everyone that pisses him off.. This time trying to cover his tracks.

Melina.. she kept me reading it. She was so determined and I like determination. I wanted to find out what she was going to do about her husband, after everything he put her through! and what she did...more
sanjana
Read this book without realising that it was a sequel. This can be read as a stand alone book too.( Though i did wonder about the character of Larry; will now have to read the other side of midnight to discover that).
Having said that, this book doesnot live up to the reputation of the author. While it starts off interestingly with a girl with a mysterious past, the method by which she remembers her past is not particularly interesting. (she wakes up and then happens to remember a part of her li...more
Asma de
Destroyed the gorgeousness the glamour of the first book - The Other Side of Midnight- i felt like its not the same writer !! or maybe when he wrote it he was drunk . i wish i didn't know that there is a sequel.I really regret reading it! the previous book was my favorite and this book was disappointment I was expecting something Completely different.
Christa
It was ok. some of the characters were so stereotypical it made you cringe. This can be read in short chunks of time, which is nice if you only have a few minutes at a time to read. I don't know if I would bother to read another of his books, unless I was really bored. I recommend it to any one that wants to kill time and not have to think too hard.
Hodan A
while this book is a sequel to the Other Side of midnight. It failed to be as exciting as the first. I cant put my finger on what is wrong with this story is it that all the characters seem to be not themselves, or is it that was only a wrapping up of the previous. Not my favorite!
Asma
روايه جدا رائعه تدور احداثها في اليونان مليئه بالتشويق والحب والانتقام
وهيا تعتبر الجزء الثاني لروايه
the other side of mednight
الجانب الاخر لمنتصف الليل
Lucas
wow.... i never imagined such a perfect ending. it was great i mean words cant describe it.
Mohamed
ذكريات منتصف الليل
Trisha
Een vrouw in het klooster krijgt langzaam haar geheugen terug. Hierdoor brengt ze haar eigen leven in gevaar en die van iedereen die te dicht in haar buurt komt.
Langzaam aan ontrafeld zich een spel die verbazend ingewikkeld, maar oh zo makkelijk te doorgronden is.
Het middelpunt is de vrouw, Catherine Douglas genaamd.
De andere hoofdrolspelers:
Coasta Demiris - zijn fortuin is onmetelijk, zijn macht is enorm. Hij wilt zich wreken voor de dood van zijn minnares.
Melina Demiris - keer op keer wordt...more
Dzul Fahmi
This novel is epic, superb! That's why I give 5 of 5 stars to this third Sidney's novel I've read. Even then I knew that "Memories of Midnight" is the sequel of "The Other Side of Midnight". Because, I found that there must be the story of how Catherine lost her memories & why Constantine tried to exterminate her in this novel. But, I could still enjoy the whole story. It's so intense that keeps me to never stop reading, it's a real page-turner!

The story begins as amnesiac Catherine starts r...more
Darlyn
It's another re-read, as last few days I've read The Other Side of Midnight, I thought I have to read this one too. I never expect less from Sidney Sheldon. The elements of surprise and a brilliant twist always hit me. The book is actually a great conclusion to The Other Side of Midnight. I loved seeing how everything wrapped up, and finally Costantin got the final blow of what was coming to him. That is totally a satisfaction to a reader like me that loathe him!

Sheldon did an outstanding job ca...more
Agnes Shin
Now that I have read four books of Sidney Sheldon so far, I could find some obvious similarities in his books. First, the story almost always includes a murder and a following trial. I enjoyed reading about how attorneys from each book used different tactics to defend their clients. Second, Sheldon somehow includes a foreign language in the book; which was Italian in "Tell Me Your Dreams", Hindi in "Nothing Lasts Forever", and Greek in this book. It was very interesting to find similarities or r...more
Lizzy Kim
El libro es un poco aburrido al principio... pero no es realmente malo. Debo decir que estuvo lleno de sorpresas. Tiene momentos en los cuales es un tanto... predecible, pero el autor se las arregla para compensar ese detalle sorprendiéndote con otras cosas.

(view spoiler)...more
Kimberly Hicks
Mar 09, 2013 Kimberly Hicks rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Kimberly by: Goodreads
Shelves: read-on-kindle
Well, for many years I often wondered what Memories of Midnight would be about, and after having read it, I'm happy to say, it was the perfect ending to an outstanding story.

This novel focused on Catherine Alexander, the character we first met in The Other Side of Midnight. And you will learn more about the great Constantin Demiris. In fact, had it not been for dear old Costa, we wouldn't have had much of a novel.

I felt Sidney did a great job summing up the characters I grew to love in the first...more
Merianne Cupcupin
This is the first Sidney Sheldon book I've ever read. My aunt recommended this one to me. Unfortunately, this is the book2 of The Other side of Midnight. Epic fail! But nevertheless, I appreciated it. This book gives that WTF feeling. After reading this book I was left frozen and thinking how dangerous it is for a person to be enraged with greed, wrath and pride all at the same time. The moral of this book is something...really something..

I'm actually used to reading hearts-and-flowers-butterfly...more
Mgoda
لقد سعدت جداً عندما علمت ان لرواية الجانب الاخر من منتصف الليل جزء اخر لكن الترجمة كانت جداً مختصرة فأنا الان في حيرة اذ ان الكتاب بالانجليزية عدد صفحاته ٤٠٠ صفحة و ترجم الى العربية لتصبح ٢٠٠ صفحة !!!

الرواية لم تكن في نفس مستوى الجزء الاول حيث احسست كأن الكاتب اغصب على كتابة الجزء الثاني و كم افرحني في نفس الوقت ظهور العدل في النهاية حيث ان سيدني شيلدون اعتاد ( على اعتقادي ) ان لا يجاوب على جميع الاسئلة التي حدثت في الكتاب و كيف تم حدوث ذلك << و هذا ما لم يروق لي
Vanessa Baroña
One more thing I liked about Sidney Sheldon aside from his brilliant plot and writing is that he also writes about places, things and my most favorite - history. It always make me smile whenever I read something - even little facts about history especially from novels.

Well, I'm so glad that I gave this book a chance even though I was disappointed in The Other Side of Midnight. This is so much better than that, I guess. Melina's revenge kept me reading - I'm so excited and curious of what she wi...more
Divya Palaniappan
Characters sketched by Sheldon leave a lasting impact. I can't shake them of my mind and get transported to their world. Constantin Demiris is one of Sheldon's dark characters who you can't hate. He is a master story teller though this book is not his best, it surely does keep you glued. A tale of bitter revenge!
Monica
Siti
This is the sekuel of The other side of midnigth. The story begins 1 year after Catherine's murder case. Catherine who has amnesia, hidden by Constantin Demiris in the monastery to covers the case. But at last Catherine begins to remember the past. Constantine who feels threatened, gives Catherine a job in London. But Demiris still intend to kil Catherine at last.
In this book the main character are Catherine and Demiris. also appear chracters that in the other side of midnight that not have impo...more
Peggy N
This was the first book that I have read by Sidney Sheldon. It was difficult for me to get interested as the reader is exposed to many characters and many different scenerios that complicate the plot. The details in this complication are important to the overall story line and in making the reader acquainted with the personalities of the characters as well as their backgrounds. The book is not considered to be in the least romantic, but there were minor romantic interests in the story line. The...more
Joanne
A fast paced page turner! Sidney Sheldon writes in quck chapters and speeds the story along with intriguing twists and turns. This story is full of greed, lust, jealousy and revenge. Set in Greece & London, Constantin Demiris is a powerful self made millionare. He believes money and power can buy what he wants and that everyone will bow to his wants, needs and requests.

Catherine Douglas Alexander can't remember her past, but gradually through her dreams and her experiences she finds the trut...more
Vaishali Turambekar
This is the sixth book I have read of Sidney Sheldon but it was not up to the mark if I compare it with his other book I have read.
  • Sidney Sheldon's Angel of the Dark
  • Shall We Tell the President? (Kane & Abel, #3)
  • A Ruling Passion
  • The Almighty
  • Mindbend
  • The Case of Lucy Bending
  • Remembrance
  • Dreams Die First
  • Lady Boss
  • The Veteran
Was an American writer who won awards in three careers—a Broadway playwright, a Hollywood TV and movie screenwriter, and a best-selling novelist. His TV works spanned a 20-year period during which he created I Dream of Jeannie (1965-70), Hart to Hart (1979-84), and The Patty Duke Show (1963-66), but it was not until after he turned 50 and began writing best-selling novels such as Master of the Gam...more
More about Sidney Sheldon...
If Tomorrow Comes Master of the Game The Other Side of Midnight Tell Me Your Dreams Rage of Angels

“Coleridge wrote, "Dreams are no shadows, but the very substances and calamities of my life.” 20 likes
“Keep your friends close, your enemies closer.” 14 likes