Start by marking “All Around The Town (Kota Kenangan)” as Want to Read:
All Around The Town (Kota Kenangan)

All Around The Town (Kota Kenangan)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  18,841 ratings  ·  452 reviews
LAURIE KENYON dituduh membunuh dosennya, Profesor Allan Grant. Gadis itu tidak ingat pernah melakukannya. Namun di tempat kejadian peristiwa, sidik jarinya bertebaran-pada pintu, tirai, dan pisau yang menghabisi nyawa sang profesor. Dalam keadaan shock dan bingung, ia diajukan ke pengadilan.

Ketika berumur empat tahun, Laurie diculik, disiksa, dan dikurung, hingga ia memili
Soft Cover, 448 pages
Published 2003 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published January 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about All Around The Town, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Around The Town

Stela
Lately, this "multiple personalities" thing has been overused. Anyway, a passable reading for bus stations, waiting rooms or any time you don't feel like using your brain too much.
However, although I have some more books of Mary Higgins Clark, I think I will donate them all to Salvation Army. Not so bad, lately I was looking for space in my library. :)
Heather
Jul 10, 2007 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mystery Lovers
A little girl is kidnapped at age four. Two years later, she is returned to her family. When tragedy strikes during her college years, those horrible two years come back to her in the form of the alter personalities that protected her during that time. She finds herself charged with murder, and her big sister fights to defend her in the hopeless case.

This book is one of my favorites by Mary Higgins Clark. She keeps you on the edge of your seat and turning the pages until you're finished. As usua
Bailey Jane
Dec 01, 2008 Bailey Jane rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young adults, adults, women
Totally suspenseful! Another great one by Clark. You really can't go wrong with these novels. They are easy reads with twisting, exciting plots...especially this one.
Fatimah Al Fareed
اضطراب تعدد الشخصية الفصامي موضوع مستهلك في الروايات.لكن قليلًا ما يستخدم بشكل مقنع، مما يُحتسَب في صالح الكاتبة.. ليس القصد أن هذه الرواية قامت بتصوير تعدد الشخصيات بطريقة مثالية.. حيث أنها لم تخلَ من بعض الإشكاليات التي تتنافى مع ما تصوّره كتب اللعلم النفسي المتخصصة في هذا المجال.. لكن ذلك قد يُعزى إلى قلّة الأبحاث العلمية المتوافرة في وقت إصدار هذه الرواية قبل ما يقارب العشرين سنة مضت..
بعيدًا عن الإشكالات العلمية.. الطريقة التي تم اختيارها لسرد الأحداث "في رأيي الشخصي" لم تكن خطوةً موفقة من ق
Kathy Sandlin
I've read all of the MHC books that are out on paperback and I really enjoy them and they are a fast read. I did learn my lesson about making sure my husband was home when I read them b/c I got a little creeped out one night when I was home alone and the book I was reading had a character stalking her outside of her house. I just picked a few of my favorites for my bookshelf so it didn't get too crowded.
Kipi
Almost as bad as the other Higgins Clark I read. Characters were made of cardboard and female frailty seems to indicate their inner goodness. Too many "almosts" to make me roll my eyes (as in someone almost does something or sees something or gets something that would reveal the bad guy). All in all a weak and cheap book.
This story is about a young woman who was abducted at the age of four and horribly abused for two years. The reader is spared the details of this abuse while it's happening (which I appreciated!) and the story flashes forward to when she is 21 and a fresh trauma in her life causes effects from the abuse to surface in the form of the protagonist having multiple personalities. A murder occurs and we are left to discover "who done it." (One of her personalities, the abusers, or someone else?) We al ...more
Daisy Honeywell
I could not give to this book more than 2 stars.
I think that it was an easy to read book. I usually love to read thrillers to try to understand what's going on but with this book I understood the most important scoop about Laurie almost 100 pages before the end! I did not understand who the killer was ( because, honestly, it could have been anyone), but when I arrived at the end of the book I was not surprised at all.
What let me finish the book was the phsycology of Laurie. Blonde girl with a lo
Pupottina
Adoro Mary Higgins Clark da sempre!
Nel suo thriller del 1992, In giro per la città, gli effetti degli anni trascorsi dalla stesura sono evidenti. Si parla ancora di macchine da scrivere che si alternano al computer. Una nota insolita, ma che non compromette la storia che Mary Higgins Clark ci racconta. Una storia molto triste e sconvolgente, fatta di pedofilia e canti gospel, sette religiose e indagini da discutere in aula.

Sembra che il lavoro più diffuso nei romanzi di Mary Higgins Clark sia q
Andrea Bellar
This was one of my faveorite Mary Higgins books! This books deals alot with Psychology, it envolves a girl named Laurie who was kidnapped when she was a child and held by her kidnappers for two years finally they let her go thinking that the cops are getting to close. When Laurie returns home her family notices she is alot different but figure its just the trauma of being kidnapped. Then years later she accused of killing one of her collage professers, but her older sister believes her when she ...more
Doris
This was a riveting story of the after affects of childhood trauma and abuse. It was a chilling reminder of how untreated trauma can affect someone dramatically while they seem to have a normal life.

It was also, in a way, a comedy of errors, as people deliberately didn't pass on comments (I'm not a gossip, says one old lady) or figure something isn't important so it is ignored. In some instances its just plain lack of attention to detail, but it gets our young heroine arrested and charged with m
Ebony Angel
This book was a little disturbing to me, but I loved it. It was definitely filled with suspense.
Sara
Wow, this book was amazing it captured me from the first chapter and kept me guessing it was great, I highly recommend it if you like a good thriller:)
Fmorlan
lLaurie is kidnapped at age 4 but is returned at age 6. A changed little girl - quiet and introverted. The culprits were never found. She resumes her life but with constant nightmares. Her sister Sarah is there for her as well as her parents. Laurie heads to college and meets Gregg. Until a strange incident occurs they were together. Then Laurie ' s parents are killed and it's just her and her sister. Sarah is an attorney and prosecutor. Laurie starts to have nightmares again and she starts seei ...more
Mey Buentipo
I got this book from my friend. I am glad that I tried reading this genre. This kind of story is new to me since I am an HR fanatic.

Although, I loved to watch movies this kind of story. As I am reading the story it reminded me the movie of primal fear with multiple personality disorder. Well I thought it will end that way.

This is fast paced book. Every character has a role. I loved the main characters. I felt like I am in movie and rushing to find out the truth. I liked how the story went. What
Brii
Apr 23, 2015 Brii rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Rene Natan
Multiple personality disorder is an intriguing subject per se. The author uses it with great skill as she describes the troubles twenty-one-year-old Laurie Keyton encounters when she tries to recover from a traumatic event buried in her subconscious for years.

Wonderful as well as nasty people revolve around Laurie and her sister Sarah. One day Laurie, in her foggy perception of life, gets mixed up in a murder of which she has no recollection. Sarah, an assistant prosecutor with the Bergen Count
Deidra
I couldn't put this book down! It was suspenseful and an interesting subject, especially for psychology lovers like myself! It was very easy to read, which only added to me not wanting to put it down. I was able to predict a few things that happened as the story went along, but others were good twists and surprised me. I would give it 4.5 stars out of 5 if that was an option. Without giving anything away, I at least want to say that I was really happy with the way things turned out for the main ...more
This was one of the best books I've ever read! Love the psychological aspect of it all and how she develops the characters throughout the book. I'll definitely read more of Clarks books.
Mama K
Mary Higgins Clark is the BEST for lazy weekend reading. I started this book last week and piddled around with it at first cuz I was reading other stuff too. This weekend, though, was lazy and I polished off the rest of it this morning and early afternoon while the hubby was vegging in front of TV. This was a psychological thriller; my favorite kind of mystery. Clark, as usual, threw me a bunch of idiosyncratic characters, any one of whom could be the real killer. I must confess, I usually figur ...more
Lisa Owens
This is one of my absolute favorite Mary Higgins Clark books.

When Laurie Kenyon was kidnapped at the age of four, she was sexually abused by her captors. After two years, she was returned home. At the age of twenty-one, her parents are both killed. And then her college professor is found murdered in his home and Laurie is the main suspect.

Her sister quits her job as a prosecutor to defend her sister during her trial and discovers something that she would have never suspected. Laurie has develope
Juleen
The length to which some people will go to really knows no bounds, especially true in this book. The mind can be a powerful thing…
Julio
Una novela corta de una precisión quirúrgica. El ritmo del libro es acelerado y no declina jamás. Cada pieza va encajando perfectamente en su lugar a medida que la historia avanza inexorable. Los personajes, aún si no profundamente desarrollados, son sólidos y creíbles. Y todo con una economía impresionante de medios.

Si algo se puede criticar es la muy oportuna fortuna de un par de eventos (casi deus ex machina) que permiten encarrilar la historia hacia un final inevitable y satisfactoriamente f
Pauline
Another very good read by this author.Don't think I have read a bad one by her yet.
Beth
This was great from start to finish. Exciting and interesting...a great summer read!
Loraine
This book was good, but disturbing. It's so sickening that so many little children are being used for the sexual pleasure of perverts like the man in this story. I know God is watching out for them and I think multiple personalities are a way He has provided for these children to cope. These genres of books are difficult to read because it's painful to realize that so many people are suffering so many ways. It's good to be aware, so we can do what we can to help relieve the suffering of those ar ...more
Alida arabelle
Leez Matías
Desde el inicio me atrapo, por lo general cuando voy como por los 4 capítulos, me hago una idea de lo que pasará, últimamente me he encontrado con libros predecibles, pero en esta ocasión fue sorprendente los giros que dio.

La pequeña Laurie (Lee, Leona, Kate y Debbie)fue secuestrada por un par de esposos, pero por circunstancias decidieron "regresarla" no sin antes recordarle lo que pasaría con ella si hablaba.

Quince años después aún no se sabía que pasó en los dos años que fue secuestrada.

description

Ha
Marj
whoa! every time i read mary higgins clark i get the creeps!!! i've read other books where characters have MPD and it's really scary! this was a great book.. i couldn't put down the book even when i was already sleepy and scared at night.

like the usual clark books, the chapters alternative between various characters, including the killer which i like because we get to see the whole story forming from the start until they all meet and have the final showdown.

the killer is one of those extreme god
Fictionaljuliet
  • Silent Night: The Remarkable Christmas Truce of 1914
  • Twanged (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #4)
  • Let Me Whisper In Your Ear (KEY News #3)
  • The Christmas Box
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol Hig ...more
More about Mary Higgins Clark...
Where Are the Children? Loves Music, Loves to Dance Two Little Girls in Blue While My Pretty One Sleeps You Belong To Me

“to blame. I admit it.” “You blame yourself for being” 0 likes