Start by marking “Rebecca (Penguin Readers: Level 5)” as Want to Read:
Rebecca (Penguin Readers: Level 5)

Rebecca (Penguin Readers: Level 5)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  9 reviews
"Last Night I Dreamt I Went To Manderley Again." So the second Mrs. Maxim de Winter remembered the chilling events that led her down the turning drive past ther beeches, white and naked, to the isolated gray stone manse on the windswept Cornish coast. With a husband she barely knew, the young bride arrived at this immense estate, only to be inexorably drawn into the life o ...more
Paperback, (Penguin Longman Reader L5), 128 pages
Published February 1st 2010 by Pearson Education

To ask other readers questions about Rebecca, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebecca

Ghadeer
What a wonderful novel! It certainly deserves five stars. It made my heart beats faster while reading it.

The novel is written in first-person narration. The narrator told it as a flashback.

I enjoyed it from the very beginning until the end.

There were a lot of surprises in the novel. I felt sympathy for Maxim though her murdered his first wife. As for Rebbecca, at first I loved her when they talked about how beautiful and kind and clever she was. Then, I hated her and finally I felt sympathy for
Odyssey
Sukyna
Well it would be more interesting if I have read the original version that was written by Daphne Du Maurier. I decided on that low rating probably because of that reason, the events where flying from one to another, some facts were thrust upon you here and there ... Yet I had really enjoyed reading it, besides it didnt take so much time, for I finished it in one day. So the next book I'm gonna read inchaAllah will be " Gone with the Wind" and I'm real excited about it for it IS a Loooooong book.
Huma
This book was my prize for 100% attendance at our school's Annual Prize Distribution in 2002 or when I was in 8th grade.
I have been a fan of Rebecca since then...and this edited version is a very good effort; it keeps the magic of the original text intact.

See my review of the unabridged version here:

Melissa
This was a good read - the style kind of reminded me of Jane Eyre though the story takes place in the 1920s. I did think it was curious that the author never gave the first name of the character in the book.
I also thought that the book ended abruptly and I was hoping for more of a happy ending. Overall I would recommend it.
Melinda Chadwick
For a novel written so long ago, I thought this was pretty good. At times I got bogged down in the language-- three pages describing the flowers kind of got to me. But once I got to the half-way mark, it really picked up and I thoroughly enjoyed the rest. Good entertainment but perhaps a little heavy-handed with the flourish.
Sondra Willhite
Blah. The narrator is such a drip! When she nearly had a heart attack over some broken china I just stopped reading the book altogether.
Faith-Anne
May 24, 2008 Faith-Anne marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This is a simplified children's version of "Rebecca" with a word-glossary in the back.
Mieko
I couldn't stop reading as the story got closer to the end. It's really good.
Segundo
Segundo marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Bulgan
Bulgan marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Cecilia
Cecilia marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Toñi
Toñi marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Mimor
Mimor marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Layan
Layan added it
Apr 15, 2014
Настя Чирва
Настя Чирва marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Mate Javakhishvili
Mate Javakhishvili marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Osama
Osama marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014