Start by marking “Invisible Horizons” as Want to Read:
Invisible Horizons

Invisible Horizons

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Published December 28th 1974 by Ace Books (first published 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Invisible Horizons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invisible Horizons

Rick
When I took my kids on camping trips years ago they frequently wanted me to tell them ghost stories and sea mysteries just before turning in for the night. Most of my stories came from this book. It was fun to read it again.
Undine
This book was in many ways highly interesting and enjoyable reading matter--his chapter at the end on legendary Ufologist Morris K. Jessup was particularly intriguing.

There is, however one big--very big--caveat. Like so many books about "true mysteries," especially ones that touch on the paranormal, Gaddis tends to prefer a good yarn to a good fact. Some of the stories he soberly relates as "true" turn out, on closer investigation, to be either more prosaic than his retelling would have one beli
George
Dec 06, 2014 George added it
I read this book as a young teen. I was totally into the mysterious phenomena like Bigfoot, UFO's, mysterious disappearances,etc.. This book always stuck out in my mind years later. I assume that with way more critical skills on board I'd be disappointed with it now but it's fun to reminisce. I enjoyed Frank Edwards' stuff, too. Again, though, they are too under researched for my tastes now.
Shawn
When I was a kid, I especially liked books about forteana and unexplained phenomena that focused on the oceans - this probably has to do with growing up in a shore town. Anyway, IIRC, I liked this one as well - may have to give it a bathroom peruse at some point.
Rinalika Patra
Rinalika Patra marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Vani
Vani marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Lautaro Mañoz
Lautaro Mañoz marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Jessica Marylyn
Jessica Marylyn marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Omar Ayman
Omar Ayman marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Arafat Malitha
Arafat Malitha marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Farhana Ruabaya
Farhana Ruabaya marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Mubi
Mubi marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Avneesh Kumar
Avneesh Kumar marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Andy Samos No
Andy Samos No marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Franklin
Franklin marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Letaief Asma
Letaief Asma marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
RUBEN VILLALPANDO
RUBEN VILLALPANDO marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Xeronn
Xeronn added it
Feb 10, 2015
Himanshu Gangwar
Himanshu Gangwar marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Asmaa
Asmaa marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Weda Allam
Weda Allam marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Sahil Yadav
Sahil Yadav marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Ed
Ed marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
American Indian Myths and Mysteries The Strange World of Animals and Pets Mysterious Fires and Lights The curious world of twins American Indian Myths and Mysteries