Brown Cheese Please

Brown Cheese Please

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Norway inside out from the outside in.
Published 2007 by Schibsted

To ask other readers questions about Brown Cheese Please, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brown Cheese Please

Guri
I seem to give this book to most of my foreign friends. I'm sure it's a lot funnier for me to read than them, but it does provide insight into the Norwegian psyche, in a slightly deprecating, yet loving way.
Rachel
I received this as a gift from my Norwegian bestie when she visited me a few years ago. ♥
Janne Varvára
This book was ordered for a costumer of mine (don't worry, I was gentle with it, you won't even notice that I read it from cover to cover!), and on this slow worknight I picked it up and giggled my way through it.
It's a comic/story book thing (hard to define, really), about what it is that makes us Norwegians so... eccentricly Norwegian. There are short stories with drawings, even short poems about how Jenny K. Blake, an Australian, experiences her encounters with this weird crowd of people. Whi...more
Anne
Funny, but the font/lettering makes it harder to read. Especially the longer texts demand more concentration than I think a book of this genre should require because of it.
Leorah
Read this book while we were cruising the Arctic Circle on our way to Kirkenes! Fabulous fjord reading!

Crash course on understanding Norwegians. I enjoyed this book.
Emily Maccready
Very funny. Would be even funnier if I were Norwegian or lived in Norway. Still got most of the cartoons, though!
Rebecca
Very cute little book about Norway and its inhabitants.
Rovie
Rovie marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Erica White
Erica White marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Suki
Suki added it
Mar 07, 2014
Angela Salgado
Angela Salgado marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Tone
Tone added it
Feb 26, 2014
Juli Holt
Juli Holt marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Masoud Biglari
Masoud Biglari marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Kevin Guérin
Kevin Guérin marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Sara Hernandez
Sara Hernandez marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013