Start by marking “Popsie Finds A Family (Dog Stories for Kids and Bedtime Stories for Kids): The Adventures of Popsie and Friends (The Adventures of Popsie & Friends)” as Want to Read:

The Nasty People went out to work everyday and when they
came home I could hear them and smell them cooking dinner.

"Feed me" I cried "I am hungry, please, please give me
dinner" I sobbed.

"I am a good dog" but dinner never came

"Stop that noise dog" yelled the nasty people "stop it at
once" they screamed "OR ELSE"

I was very scared of them so I ran into a corner of the
garden and
Published June 2nd 2013 by Maggie

Be the first to ask a question about Popsie Finds A Family (Dog Stories for Kids and Bedtime Stories for Kids)

Sheryl Seal
Aug 24, 2014 Sheryl Seal rated it it was amazing
Popsie Finds A Family (Dog Stories for Kids and Bedtime Stories for Kids): The Adventures of Popsie and Friends (The Adventures of Popsie & Friends)by Maggie David is a great book to let children understand how important a pet is and that they really do need love and a caring environment to thrive.
Love your animals and give them a great home! Popsie is very lucky but many are not.
Christoph Fischer
Aug 25, 2014 Christoph Fischer rated it it was amazing
I'm a dog lover, so it didn't take much for me to fall in love with Popsie and her adventures. A fantastic idea. As modern times take us away from nature more and more these bedtime stories are perfect to make sure men and his best friend remain close in future generations. Well written and very entertaining, too.
Darrin Mason
Aug 23, 2014 Darrin Mason rated it it was amazing
A great story for children with a wonderful moral, that caring for animals is the right thing to do. Not preachy at all (which has ruined a many good idea), and every bit entertaining. Best of both worlds. Recommended.
Elias Zapple
A cute story about Popsie, a terrier, finding a family having been through some bad experiences. The book has lovely photos throughout and it'll teach your sprouts some great lessons about life and how to treat our canine friends. Splendid, entertaining and educational stuff.
Anna Othitis
Aug 23, 2014 Anna Othitis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, fun, emotion
This is a wonderful cute story of Popsie's hard life before finding a loving family that loves her and takes care of her in a special way. It's a very short touching book ideal for children and adults alike. Highly recommended. Beautiful and fun.
Jonny Bell
Aug 21, 2014 Jonny Bell rated it it was amazing
This is a very good book for kids. Especially, if you're trying to have them read good book before going to bed. if your children love dogs then they will absolutely enjoy this book.
Gale Stanley
Aug 25, 2014 Gale Stanley rated it it was amazing
Animals and bedtime stories, what a perfect match. My grandsons do sleepovers every week and a bedtime story is a top priority. We’re all cat owners here, so this was a departure, but the boys have been begging their parents for a dog and they wanted a dog story. They picked out this book and fell in love with Popsie. I did too. It’s an easy to read, heartwarming story that we all enjoyed – the seven year-old, the nine year-old and… and me. Sorry, not going there. There’s only one downside – my ...more
Mandus
Sep 10, 2014 Mandus rated it it was amazing
I got this for one of my youngsters, a 5-year-old. I'm glad to say that he liked it very much. The story of Popsie drew him in and captivated him from the first page. I think this had much to do with the way in which the book was written, namely, from the dog's perspective. This was great for increasing the sense of immersion, judging from my son's reaction. Anyway, a great book for kids!
Zoe Saadia
Aug 30, 2014 Zoe Saadia rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming story with an important message. I think every child who wants to adopt a pet should read it. Pets are not toys and they come with responsibility that can't be put aside the moment one grows tired of caring for them. Popsie's story is lovely and gentle, a wonderful bedtime story for a kid, carrying across a very important message - a perfect combination.
Loveless Jenny
Sep 05, 2014 Loveless Jenny rated it it was amazing
I read this to my 6 year old as her bedtime story. It took a few days but it was worth it. My daughter loved it. It's a story about a little dog who is being abused and decides to run away. It starts off as sad story but has such a fun and beautiful happy ending. The story is told through the eyes of the dog. Fun read for kids of all ages. I even enjoyed it.
Murielle Cyr
Aug 27, 2014 Murielle Cyr rated it it was amazing
POPSIE FINDS A HOME is part of a series of children's books that is sure winner among the young and older readers. It's a delightful, colourful story narrated by Popsie herself and will be enjoyed over and over again, especially dog lovers. Glad I was gifted this lovely story in exchange for an honest review.
C.P. Mandara
Aug 31, 2014 C.P. Mandara rated it it was amazing
Bought this for my four year old who's learning to read. He loved it. Brilliantly written from Popsie's (the dog's!) point of view and while heart breaking in some parts, heart warming in others. He loved it and we'll be reading it again. And again. And probably again :)
Damian Stevenson
Aug 29, 2014 Damian Stevenson rated it it was amazing
An enchanting tale that left me wanting more. It's not easy to get animal stories right. Too often they end up being sentimental. This was nice and restrained. Kudos to the author. Nice job!
Jennifer Blackburn
Jennifer Blackburn rated it did not like it
Mar 27, 2014
Stevie Turner
Aug 25, 2014 Stevie Turner rated it it was amazing
Summer reading for my grandchildren.
Muse Here
Muse Here rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Joy Jensen
Joy Jensen marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2016