Start by marking “Restoring Broken Things: What Happens When We Catch a Vision for the New World Jesus Is Creating” as Want to Read:

Christians have a promise from God: "Behold, I make all things new!" (Revelation 21:5). Chapman and Smith explore this bold proclamation of God's committment to redeem and restore all things through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Published October 20th 2005 by Integrity Publishers (first published February 15th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Restoring Broken Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restoring Broken Things

Jill
Jan 15, 2008 Jill rated it it was ok
In this book primarily Scotty Smith, with some writing from Steven Curtis Chapman paints the picture of how God will make all things new when Christ returns. He includes with this picture a call for Christians to be working now to be renewing all things. The worldview theology in this book is solid, but no more in depth than other worldview books. Those looking for something more in depth about worldview may find this book repetitive of worldview works that are already out there. However, Smith ...more
Johnvano
Sep 03, 2010 Johnvano rated it it was ok
A Gospel-centric view of Christ's redemption from the view of the Book of Revelation. Curtis Chapman gets the lion's share of the credit for the book, but it is mostly Scotty Smith here. The middle is packed with powerful examples of gracious acts of service and there are some eye-opening ideas about worship: We can pursue seeker-sensitive worship because God is seeking us, we should make a distinction between worship service (the act of living a Christ-empowered life for others) and a service ...more
Wade
Sep 07, 2007 Wade rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-living
This is a very good book, written primarily by Scotty Smith, about Revelation 21-22 and how God is, and will be, making all things new. It is about living today with more of a focus on Redemptive History and God's story of Creation, Fall, Redemption and Consummation; and how living with a focus on this should change our lives and priorities.
Kailey
Feb 14, 2015 Kailey rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
I like my devotional books to have a little more Scriptural meat in them, and a little less fluff. I could have done without the incessant stories about orphans and the fly-fisherman analogies, but the basic ideas of the book were encouraging and good. I had to wade through a bunch of personal stories that I have no interest in. The only story I'm interested in is Christ's story.
Amy
Feb 09, 2009 Amy rated it really liked it
i started this a few months ago and shelved it. hopefully will get to it on vacation. finally finished it a couple of days ago. let me just say...the 2 or 3 chapters on worship are some of the best i have ever read.
Esther
Aug 17, 2007 Esther rated it really liked it
its based on steven curtis chapman's cd..all things new. it really makes you think about the brokenness of the world and in your own life...and how to combat it and confront it from a gospel approach.
Taymous
Taymous rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2009
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2010
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2008
Christy Robinson
Mar 22, 2011 Christy Robinson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspiration
This book had a profound influence on my thinking about the Bible, and ultimately, about God.
Jaimie
Jaimie rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2012
David
David rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2008
Josh Givens
Josh Givens rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2012
Deborah
Deborah rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2007
Jeffrey
Jeffrey rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2012
Shiela Mariz
Shiela Mariz rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2011
Ginger
Ginger rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2015
Joe Mikey
Joe Mikey rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2016
Hillary
Hillary rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2009
Zacksmom Okon
Zacksmom Okon rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2011
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2012
Jennifer rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2011
Arth-der
Arth-der rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2013
Caitlin M.
Caitlin M. rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2016
Zabdiel Rodriguez
Zabdiel Rodriguez rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2012
Tam
Tam rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2008
Alan
Alan rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2010
Stephanie Hickman
Stephanie Hickman rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2012
Travis
Travis rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2009
Darren Hamblin
Darren Hamblin rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2013
Steven Curtis Chapman is a devout Christian, singer, songwriter, record producer, actor, author, and a social activist regarding youth violence prevention and adoption.

He and his wife, Mary Beth Chapman, have six children and live in Nashville, Tennessee.
More about Steven Curtis Chapman...