Start by marking “Pleasure Control” as Want to Read:
Pleasure Control

Pleasure Control (Pleasure Games #1)

3.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  375 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Dedicated scientist Laura Manning's I.Q. is off the charts. But beneath her pristine white lab coat is a curvaceous body that craves satisfaction. And it's hard keeping her mind on the experiment and off what's under the lab coat of her research partner, Jay Cutler, whom she's working with to develop a libido suppressant for a society gone sex-mad—especially when Jay offer ...more
Published June 26th 2007 by Avon Red (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Pleasure Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pleasure Control

Praj
Jan 15, 2011 Praj rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wwwwwh
Q: What hibernates snubbing the imposed sporadic euthermic arousals?

A: My libido after reading this book.

Jill Dunlop
Jun 07, 2012 Jill Dunlop rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rt-2009
Pleasure Control is book one of Cathryn Fox's Pleasure Game series. Laura Manning is a scientist working on discovering a potion to inhibit a man's libido. For a long time she has had a crush on her lab partner Jay Cutler. With a deadline for the potion hanging over them, Jay suggests Laura try the potion on him and then seduce him to see if it works. Against her better judgment Laura goes along with the plan.

Pleasure Control was an okay read for me. This book kind of gets the kiss of death I gu
Zeek
Pleasure Control was a dud for me. Too abrupt. Not the prose- the story. Suddenly we were in the midst of a culmination of apparently years of secret lust between the hero and heroine, Jay "Wildman" Cutler and Laura Manning, and I just couldn’t get into it- despite the loaded sex. (Yeah, I didn’t buy that either.)

It has potential, but a few things held it back.

First, "Wildman" Jay didn’t seem all that wild to me. Oh, he supposedly knew how to pleasure the women, but other than that, I couldn’t s
Katherine O'Grady
I bought this one from kobo.

I'm all for suspension of disbelief. I'm really good at it. But this book defeated me. The behavior by these so-called scientists was beyond unethical, it was dangerous and stupid. The sexy times were awkward between hero and heroine. There was an overwhelming amount of clunky inner monologue and saying-not-showing between the hero and heroine. I'm not going to read anything by this author again. This is the third book by her I've read and I'm done.
Angela
Mar 02, 2009 Angela rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"I didn't like it" may be too harsh - I didn't like this as a piece of erotica, but it was amusing in how poorly written a lot of it was. Lots of purple prose and euphemisms for body parts. And what a ridiculous, thin plot.
ceecee
Oct 05, 2015 ceecee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read by Cathryn Fox and I have to say... I like her style of writing. Her books are short, but her ability to make you feel like your there is amazing. Every sentence puts you in the shoes of of the main character. I felt my anticipation level increase with every page. I loved the characters and the development of the characters. How can you not fall in love with a curvy, long dark haired woman who feels like a geek and a man worth drooling over whose in love with tha ...more
Pamela
Jun 06, 2014 Pamela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Two scientists, Laura Manning and Jay Coulter, are developing an anti-libido drug. During testing, using themselves as subjects, they inadvertently use a libido increasing drug. A competing company tries to steal the anti-libido drug.

Sounds good, right? Wrong! There is no romance, intrigue or mystery; the dialogue during sex is downright corny. The characters aren't well developed. All-in-all it's a mess, at least IMHO. I would be demanding a refund if I didn't borrow Pleasure Control from my
Rakisha
Pleasure Control was a short and moderately sexy read with little conflict between two scientists. One is love 'em and leave 'em Jay and the other is "nerdy girl" Laura. Their back stories felt shoe horned in, and never really fully explored although the story relationship Jay had with his mother is mentioned often. I also think there was an overuse of euphemisms for intercourse and the names of body parts. The channel is tunnel where a train runs from the UK to France shouldn't be used to descr ...more
Tessa
Mar 14, 2014 Tessa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't think it was terrible. This is what I call a fluff book. Being a small easy read that I use in between my big series so that I can shift my mind from previous characters that I got attached too. This book specifically was extremely unrealistic and very abrupt. In 2 weeks they went from not speaking out side of work to engaged.... Love the fact that the protagonist was a curvy woman not a "carrot stick"!
Nursejodi36
Mar 20, 2016 Nursejodi36 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this short, but smokin' little read!
Ginny
Dec 19, 2014 Ginny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
J.M. Stewart
Dec 02, 2011 J.M. Stewart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written, fun, but sexy, lovely connection between the characters. ONly thing I didn't like was the heroine's low self esteem. She was very down on herself. She would see the hero have eyes only for her, notice him flirting with her, etc, then explain it all away. Even after they were intimate, she had all these reasons why he couldn't possibly be interested in her, and after a while, I just didn't buy it anymore.

But, all in all, it was a good, enjoyable read.
Tammy
Nov 12, 2014 Tammy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF!!
Ale Rivero
Jun 21, 2012 Ale Rivero rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Muy recomendable
Un poco de todo

Ciencia, amor, sexo, acción... esta novela aunque cortita lo tiene todo. =)
Jay y Laura, los científicos protagonistas saben llevar adelante una relación que va madurando a lo largo que transcurre la historia, aunque la llama siempre ha estado ahí.
Con muchas escenas rescatables, entre graciosas, románticas y demás Placer bajo control no debería dejar de leerse.
Jessica
Jan 09, 2013 Jessica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sure it had steamy love scenes, but without an investment in the characters it was boring. Did they really overcome any obstacles. They say, "I love you," but there was little emotional investment in their relationship. Ok debut, but I like my characters a little more meaty.
Jan 30, 2015 Sarah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scrapped
Ugh, this book was terribly BORING. That about sums it up for my review. Boring character, boring sex...I didn't even enjoy the writing style. There was ZERO sparkage.. I didn't even waste my time finishing this novel before I deleted it from my Kindle.
Kristin
I read this book in spanish while I was traveling Spain....it's erotic, but I wouldn't exactly call it erotica. I think I'll read the next one in the series in english since I don't think it has come out yet in spanish...
April
It has been a little while since I read this series but as I recall it was a yummy smexy read. Loads of steam to really warm a gal up!! Quick and light reading with all sorts of hot and heavy action!!
Gail
Jul 19, 2013 Gail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was LOVE potion #10! Totally enjoyed the long drawn out sex between Laura and Jay! Well written, both Laura and Jay were totally real. This was a great read.
Amy
Aug 23, 2008 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, 2008
Very easy read. I little bit of an actual story line, however, it was pretty unrealistic. The sex scenes were okay. I'll probably read the second book.
Kathy Alarcon
Sep 10, 2012 Kathy Alarcon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Una historia que te deja con ganas. Saltos de tiempo necesarios y algo fantasioso. Bonita redacción, buen entendimiento y espectacular trama. :)
elly
Oct 14, 2012 elly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was fun, lovely and sexy... with a really interesting plot! it made science look hot (?)
Jennww2ns
Apr 26, 2016 Jennww2ns rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-awful, fiction, 2013
Don't. Just don't. This isn't a well written book. There's nothing about it that is appealing.
Jeffrey
Oct 31, 2008 Jeffrey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rental-overdrive
Good storyline. I would not call this erotica. I would call it erotic.
Mandi
May 10, 2013 Mandi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There was not much of a story line. So I was bored with most of the book.
Karen
Oct 28, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit unbelievable to start, but good story overall.
Dana Sugg
Typical smut. Writing was so so. Quick read.
Kylie
Jun 03, 2012 Kylie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance readers
Recommended to Kylie by: Good Reads
Another quick easy read. Enjoyed it.
Sharon Loumakis
Dec 31, 2012 Sharon Loumakis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
lovely story couldn`t put it down!! ;) ...more
  •  Seasons of Seduction III
  • Bit by the Bug (Matthews Sisters #1)
  • Wrapped in Seduction
  • Swing
  • Dragon's Rise (Shadow of the Dragon, #3)
  • Stripped Bare (Joker's Wild, #3)
  • Jane and the Sneaky Dom
  • Crazy Little Thing Called Love (In the Heat of the Night, #4)
  • The Sweetest Taboo
  • Show Me
  • Strictly Taboo (Trek Mi Q'an, #4.5)
  • Pleasure to the Max! (Harlequin Blaze #414)
  • Tease
  • Whispered Secrets
  • Finding Strength
  • Dinah's Dark Desire (Dinah's Desire #1)
  • Diamonds in the Rough
  • Temporary Slave
New York Times and USA today Best selling author, Cathryn is a wife, mom, sister, daughter, and friend. She loves dogs, sunny weather, anything chocolate (she never says no to a brownie) pizza and red wine. She has two teenagers who keep her busy with their never ending activities, and a husband who is convinced he can turn her into a mixed martial arts fan. Cathryn can never find balance in her l ...more
More about Cathryn Fox...

Pleasure Games (3 books)
  • Pleasure Prolonged (Pleasure Games, #2)
  • Pleasure Exchange (Pleasure Games, #3)