A Little Harmless Sex (Harmless, #1)

A Little Harmless Sex (Harmless #1)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  2,486 ratings  ·  173 reviews
Is it love, or just a little harmless sex? Book one in the Harmless series.
Max has always been Anna's knight in shining armor. But Max has always seen her as a charming, and very sexy, little sister.

Until Max's cold fiance dumps him, Anna unloads another of her many conquests and she invites him over for margaritas and Mexican food. Too much tequila, too much flirting, and...more
Published August 1st 2007 by Samhain Publishing (first published February 6th 2007)

Heather
Aug 29, 2008 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Heather by: Julie (jjmachshev)
Shelves: e-book, erotica
I really enjoyed this book! It was fun and sexy, however it also had a good story line, along with some smokin chemistry between the two main characters; Max and Anna.

Max and Anna are best friends... everyone thinks they are perfect for each other, except themselves. Anna secretly thinks Max is hot, and Max has always had the hots for Anna, but they are always seeing other people. All that changes when they both break up with their significant others at the same time. When they decided to cons...more
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
I have mixed feels about this one. It started out really good for me. Anna the free spirited small business owner is someone I admire. The fact that she doesn't have serious relationships totally makes sense. Given her past experience with Freddy the F-head, I can understand. Max is pretty hot. His drive and all together control is something I like too. The fact that they are best friends who fall for each other, very sweet and up my alley. The first third of the book was dead on for me. From th...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Another solid romantica/erotica novel (although rather short) from Shiloh Walker, "A Little Harmless Sex" is a story about two best friends who become lovers.

Max knows everything about Anna. They've been friends since she broke his nose at age six. Although he's had a few hot fantasies about her, he feels uncomfortable lusting after someone he thinks he should see as a little sister. When his fiance dumps him and he only feels relief, he and Anna get together for a night of commiseration.

Anna ha...more
Kimberly
So much wrong with this book I don't even know where to start. If you took a shot every time the author used the word "turgid" (not sexy ever), you'd be drunk before the first third of the book was over. Breasts don't swell up unless lactation is involved. So much anatomy fail I wondered if the author had ever had sex before she wrote this. The main characters were supposedly high powered business owners, but they acted like spoiled children. Then there were the words that do not mean what the a...more
Tammy Walton Grant
As a fledgling romantica reader I'm thinking I'm going to have to wade through a bit of mediocre smut in order to find the good stuff.

This book is more the former than the latter.

The story here is one of long-time friends finally acting on feelings that have been there for years. Normally I love this trope and there was potential here for this to be a really good read. Unfortunately, I didn't feel like the author had the chops to carry it off. Some of the characters and their purpose in the boo...more
Karla
A Lot of Hot Sex! Well written, fast read about best friends becoming lovers. Great book for $0!! Now that I've gotten sucked in, I'm going to continue the series.
Michele Realitybitesblog
A Little Harmless Sex (Harmless #1)
by Melissa Schroeder

Posted on http://realitybites-letsgetlost.blogs...

Wow! This book will get your motor running. The bedroom scenes are very hot and inviting as you could say! HA!

Max and Anna are best friends and have been for many years. Max is very straight laced. He likes everything in order. Anna is very outgoing and adventurous. She is a free spirit and the complete opposite of Max.

They have gone through lots of boyfriends and girlfriends, but never wi...more
♡♥Ang ♥♡
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
This was a short sweet & very sexy read. U get alot of story for such a short amount of pages. Which is good. U get a feel for the types of people Max and Anna are and how their long standing friendship and personal beliefs & fears would make them getting together not only believable, but would have u rooting for it happen. If you are looking for a quick heartfelt, sexy read then I would recommend this one.
Mitabird (reviews on BookLikes)

This was a surprisingly good read. I thought Max and Anna were genuine, likable characters. Their affection for each other and the obstacles they faced were very believable. The sex was pretty steamy and I was rooting for them to get their HEA. I'm looking forward to reading the next in the series.
Ioanna
Ok you finally have sex with a hottie who happens to be your best friend and you have been lusting after since forever and he tells you:
“I should have known you’d be shaved.”

What the hell you had imagined it would be like???The Amazon??...

That's the 2 stars for.

Sir
I like the way Melissa writes, but there isn't a lot to this story. It's a nice romantic tale of love and sex, but there isn't anything that really makes it stand out.
Jenn
This was a great little contemporary with lots of hot sex. it started off with a bang and just kept delivering. The characters were believable and endearing, Max stuck to his guns and to his heart where Anna was concerned, allowing her to work through issues but not run away from them. He was a strong hero with good values when it came to women and business and that truly made him a believable and worthy hero for this romance.

Anna also stuck to her character, she didn't waffle and get all wishy...more
Jackie
What can I say but thank goodness for Amazon Kindle free reads that allow me the genuine pleasure of finding a fast, fun, sexy book to devour in a day's reading!

I love the premise of two people who have been friends since very early childhood, been confidantes since early adulthood and at a certain point in their lives discover that those feeling have become something so much deeper and richer than mere friendship for one another!

Anna is a very liberated forthright 28 year old woman living in a...more
Romancing the Book
Reviewer: Jen
Release Date: August 1st, 2007
Publisher: Samhain
Page Count: 200
Source: Provided by author for review

Max and Anna have been friends their whole lives and each have been harboring a crush on the other since a harmless little kiss while Anna was still in high school. However, their whole relationship changes after they have a little too much to drink while commiserating over their recent break ups. And what looks to be A Harmless Little Sex ends up tossing everything Max and Anna thoug...more
Mrs. Missive
Okay...the title lies. There is no way you can describe the amount of sex in this book as "little". *snort* From the book description I expected a one night encounter to take them on a journey of connecting.

Well they had their one night...and then banged like bunnies for most of the book. I'd say we got 50% plot and 50% smex. I enjoyed it, and the sexy scenes were really hot. The author still did a couple of fade to black scenes. Damn these two had a lot of sexual frustration to work out.

I foun...more
Felicia
How was the Sexy? The sexy sizzled! It was HOT HOT HOT. It did not feel cheap or forced. In fact it held all those qualities that made it sweet and sweaty at the same exact time. The chemistry between Anna and Max was off the charts and kept you wanting them to get together more.

How was the Story? The story is what I really loved about this book. It was a full-fledged love story of the best kind! They were two people made for each other and I liked that the guy is the one who figured it out firs...more
Jessica
Soooooo good!!! I would have given 4.5 stars if I could have. It was very sensual and sexy.

Maxwell is a slightly uptight business man who just got dumped by his fiancé. He celebrates his freedom by going to his best friend, Anna's house. She is freespirited and a little bit promiscuous. After a dinner of mexican food and margaritas, they unleash the passion they've always had for each other. Max decides he wants her for keeps and has to convince her they are meant to be. The plan mostly works u...more
Angela
I felt like a little more time spent with the characters outside of the bedroom (or office, kitchen, living room - wherever they were having sex) would have allowed me to relate to them a bit more.

There were parts of the story that didn't just flow, it felt like it was inorganic to the characters, and I would have liked to seen more so I could connect with them.

There were a couple of times I wanted to smack the characters upside the head for their assumptions, but I was pleased that they fairly...more
Amanda
This book was fine. There wasn't much to the story and the characters, Max's ex-fiance specifically, were written extremely unevenly. The finance never read like a real person to me. Her entire personality seemed driven by her being the device that moved the plot forward. When the plot needed conflict she was suddenly a fairly aggressive character, but when things needed to be resolved the author suddenly would make this character extremely passive to resolve the conflict quickly. Her personalit...more
Bonnie
About 2/3 of the way through this book I realized I didn't care anything for these characters. I read a Harmless Obsession several months back and really liked it, but this one just couldn't keep my attention. There just didn't seem to be much passion and emotion with these characters.
SassySami
This is a story of best friends who get drunk and slide around between the sheets, something they've both wanted to do for ten years. Max wants more, but knows that telling Anna will scare her off, so he sets out to woo her. There's lots of hot sex and Max and Anna are a great couple.
Christina
VERY hot, but I wish we could've gotten to enjoy their HEA a little while. It happened, and then....that was it. No savoring the moment, it just ended. I do wish their was more dialogue, too. But, that's just my personal need...I'm a dialogue junkie.
Shell
Jul 04, 2012 Shell rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Shell by: Nikki
This was a quick read. The characters were likeable (Max moreso than Anna), but I wish they had been fleshed out more. I wanted to know more about their background and such. Will delve into book 2 to see about Chris. :)
Lynn  Lexie-shea
I really liked this book. Being as how it's the first in a series, I'm happy to know I have more to look forward to!
Kara Parks
This was a kindle freebie. Very well written you fall in love with Max and Anna.
Beckey
Two close life long family friends become more! Very interesting story!
Jen
It was ok. Liked Max. He was hot and stoic, just how I like them.
~Mel :)~
Good Sweet And smexy!
Rossy
The first time i read this story i really enjoyed it; mainly because i really connected with the heroine and i really liked the hero. A second read though, made me feel different about the heroine and even the hero at the end.

While i can still understand why the characters felt the need to not express their feelings, or were afraid to open themselves up to a relationship. This time i found them to be emotionally weak, instead of sympathizing with them. Maybe it's because i have grown as a perso...more
  • Stripped Bare (Joker's Wild, #3)
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
  • Dear Sir, I'm Yours (The Connaghers #1)
  • Rough Cut (Black and White Collection, #3)
  • Letting Go (Awakenings, #1)
  • Bottoms Up (Come Again, #1)
  • Caressa's Knees (Comfort, #2)
  • Accidental Slave
  • Take Your Pleasure
  • Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2)
  • Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1)
  • Serenity's Dream
  • Punished (Taboo Wishes, #1)
  • Carnal Ecstasy (Simple Need, #2)
  • Sacred Secrets (Chronicles of Surrender, #1)
  • Holiday Bound
  • Tamed
  • Dangerous Grounds (Seattle Steam, #1)
Born to an Air Force family at an Army hospital Melissa has always been a little bit screwy. She was further warped by her years of watching Monty Python and her strange family. Her love of romance novels developed after accidentally picking up a Linda Howard book. After becoming hooked, she read close to 300 novels in one year, deciding that romance was her true calling instead of the literary sh...more
More about Melissa Schroeder...
A Little Harmless Submission (Harmless, #6) A Little Harmless Obsession (Harmless, #3) A Little Harmless Pleasure (Harmless, #2) A Little Harmless Lie (Harmless, #4) Infatuation (A Little Harmless Military Romance, #1)