Start by marking “You Can't Sing The Blues While Drinking milk” as Want to Read:
You Can't Sing The Blues While Drinking milk

You Can't Sing The Blues While Drinking milk

Little Annie AKA Annie "Anxiety" Bandez is one of rock and roll's survivors. Annie is a Musician, artist and writer. Her autobiography You Can't Sing The Blues While Drinking Milk is a first hand account of growing up on the street corners of New York, the birth of it's punk scene there and in London, her early experiences with addiction and hustling to her music career ...more
Published January 16th 2013 by Tin Angel Records (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about You Can't Sing The Blues While Drinking milk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Can't Sing The Blues While Drinking milk

Andrew
Jan 05, 2015 Andrew rated it really liked it
Shelves: music, biog-autobiog
This was a great book to start my 2015 reading too, Before this I was really it aware of Annie's involvement with CRASS the anarcho punk music/alternative media collective whose own origins are covered well in penny rimbauds my revolting life....CRASS form but a small part of this as Annie has crammed masses into her time on earth.
Musically she has surfed punk,disco,the avant garde and lounge type styling and the book reflects this and the collaborators she has worked along through these guises.
Paul E.
Aug 18, 2016 Paul E. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the closest I've ever felt (in book form) to someone sitting next to me and telling me the story of their life.
I've loved Little Annie, or Annie Anxiety as she was back then when I first heard 'Soul Possession'....and then a devotee after hearing 'Jackamo' one of the most underrated albums ever.
Here's her autobiography...it was a bit babble-y, a bit gossipy, wholly heartfelt by a holy fool furnishing us with some racy anecdotes, some amusing asides ,sad notes, happy times and fearful, f
Aug 18, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I purchased the ebook for my Kindle last week. Very interesting in the beginning, especially Little Annie's school years & time performing/touring with the English anarchist-punk band CRASS but my interest wasn't held towards the book's finish line. The chronology gets a bit hazy, as Annie explains, due to her alcohol blackouts and drug (speed, heroin) use. In my humble opinion, the first half of Annie's life seems more interesting than the second half.
Stephen Palmer
Stephen Palmer rated it liked it
Andrij Kopytko
Andrij Kopytko rated it it was amazing
Ross Perchonok
Ross Perchonok rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Jenny Devildoll
Jenny Devildoll rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
May 22, 2014
Max Renn
Max Renn rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2016
Lynsey Anne
Lynsey Anne rated it it was amazing
Jai Emmett
Jai Emmett rated it it was amazing
Mark Davess
Mark Davess rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Malcolm
Malcolm rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
James Haliburton
James Haliburton rated it liked it
Chandra
Chandra rated it liked it
Andrij Kopytko
Andrij Kopytko rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Erzsebet
Erzsebet marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2013
Sheena Revolta
Sheena Revolta is currently reading it
Mar 15, 2013
Paulo Gonzaga
Paulo Gonzaga marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2013
DJ Yossarian
DJ Yossarian marked it as to-read
May 19, 2013
Nettie Grey
Nettie Grey marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2013
kate
kate marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Nora
Nora marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Fran Murphy
Fran Murphy marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Sean
Sean marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Josh Duffield
Josh Duffield is currently reading it
Mar 27, 2015
Charlie
Charlie marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Seb
Seb marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Mark Monastyrski
Mark Monastyrski marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Michael Glew
Michael Glew marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Maleen Dalan
Maleen Dalan marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016