Start by marking “In the Eye of the Storm” as Want to Read:
In the Eye of the Storm

In the Eye of the Storm

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  1,173 ratings  ·  46 reviews
One day in the life of Christ.

Call it a tapestry of turmoil: A noisy pictorial in which the golden threads of triumph knot against the black, frazzled strings of tragedy.

Call it a symphony of emotions: A sunrise-to-sunset orchestration of extremes. One score is brassy with exuberance -- the next moans with sorrow.

Whatever you call it -- call it real. Author Max Lucado call
Published January 21st 2002 by Thomas Nelson (first published July 10th 1991)

Katie Casey
Love how Max Lucado makes God so REAL.

One of my favorite chapters was "Why God Smiles" in which Lucado writes "I'm not one who easily envisions a smiling God. A weeping God, yes. An angry God, OK. A might God, you bet. But a chuckling God? .... What do I think he was doing when he stretched the neck of the giraffe? An exercise in engineering? What do I think he had in mind when he told the ostrich where to put his head? Spelunking? What do I think he was doing when he designed the mating call o
Phillip
Max Lucado has a gift for finding the eternal in the commonplace. He spots the inspiration in the historic. He can take the divine and make it personal. The thrust of "In The Eye Of The Storm" is to give his readers comfort and direction in times of adversity, especially those times when we are hounded by demands, filled with doubt, or facing failure. To the heart ready receive, the impact of this unrelenting trio dwindles before the prospect of perspective, endurance and choice. This book is de ...more
Ashley
This book was given to me as a gift; and although initially I was intimidated I decided - why not? Let me give it a fair shot.....so.....I read it and my eyes were opened to just how "easy" I had it. Just when I thought I was drowning in a quagmire of problems, and challenges - I see that what I can't "seem to bear" is completely doable! It was a book that I hold dear to my heart & am eternally grateful to my friend.....who I will always hold in a special place in my heart.
Lawrence
This book has been very inspirational for me in dealing with the storm that's going on in my life right now. My storm is nothing compared to what Jesus went through on the road to the cross.
Megan Boldizsar
This was an inspiring book. I read it when my mom (who is only 54) became very suddenly and critically ill. She's a very devout Christian and I couldn't help but wonder why this was happening to her. I read this book for comfort and to gain some perspective, and I believe reading it accomplished both goals. I recommend this book to anyone who is experiencing a major struggle in their life!

Oh, and by the way... After 3 weeks in the ICU, a major high-risk surgery, and a total of 2 months of hospi
Victoria Green
Max, the great story teller,once again profoundly moved my heart from it's frequent flying trips into fear- to a place of peace. Like most his books it was read in two days. What I like the most and have been brought to see through all my illness's/issues...that the STORM was His direct path for me. In all my doubt's and running off at the second I see something on the horizon ...Max reminded me that all of our issues and all of our fears are reall little invites to run and hide and trust into t ...more
Mompati Letsweletse
No doubt No questioning No wavering this is one of the christian best book i have ever came across.The ministry of our lord Jesus Christ explained in well laid foundation
Chooi Yee
It's the 1st time I read Max Lucado's book.... Very inspiring and encourage - a word in season for me ...
Tekla Parajdi
Amazing point of view! Really inspiring! Loved it! Now I can imagine a smiling God :)
Kevin Clouse
Max helps me see deeper into the words of the Bible.
Stephy Jemmisparks
Jun 30, 2008 Stephy Jemmisparks rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: the hurting
This is the book that the VERY book that first gave me any hope. I was feeling sentenced to a life of being forsaken, when I found this book, and read about God's love...

This book, is that book that joined my first hopes that life could be better and without it I would have never made it to today.

The love and grace of God was something I did not had to taste, as of yet then.... now My heart quivers with deep compassion at the fear of rejected outcasts.Read this book !!!

I thank Max for this book.
Janet
I really got a lot from this book. I would really recommend this to anyone who is looking for guidance from our heavenly father. The study guide was easy to follow it also gave me lots to think about! Go Max!
Shelley
I really like Max's storytelling and how he relates so many profound points through the use of stories. I enjoyed reading the book and it was a fairly quick read! It's the kind of book to keep on your bookshelf and pull out for a quick reminder when you find yourself "In the Eye of the Storm".
Sherrill Wallace
Has your life ever gone from calm to chaos in a short while? Mine has. This book was given to me by my sister at a time my life was changed by a doctor's visit to my hospital room. A Christiam perspective on how to handle a dilemma in one's life.
Dj Wells
Christ in His last day on earth. His loss of friends the stress of what was to come and the weight of our sins all crashing down on Him. But He is faithful to His Father's will and goes the length and achieves victory.
Megan
Easy read, chapters were very short, so it made for a great daily devotional. Not particularly "deep", but still made you think about things in a different way. Great easy summer read.
Rebecca L Matthews
I love Max Lucado's writing, including his children's books. Chapter 15, The Woodcutter's Wisdom was especially encouraging and enlightening. I enjoy Max's style of writing.
Terry
Lucado is masterful. His use of language is superb. This book focuses on one day in Jesus' life: the day he fed the 5000. There are awesome insights to apply to daily living.
Rhonda Rae Baker
Enjoy all of Max Lucado...we're not alone! and in the deepest darkest hour...we can find that quiet place in the center of our storm. All things work out in time.
Apryl Anderson
Lucado is such a nice gentle, yet passionate, storyteller, that you've gotta love him. He encourages and inspires the faithful without being offensive.
Glenn Robinson
Filled with 30+ quick stories from the New Testament and Jesus centered around when we are going thru turbalent times. Light, yet good reminders.
Taylor
Always enjoy Max Lucado's books
Tony
This is my 'book of the year'. Refreshing for 'experienced' believers. Applicable to every 'storm' that hit us. My favorite is Chapter 7.
Katie
This book change my life and gave me gravity to keep my feet on the ground years ago. It is written in a timeless measure.
Rebekah
This book was helped me through some very tough times. It is my absolute favorite of his books, although they are all great.
Christy
Excellent book. A quick and easy read as well. I will definitely be re-reading it sometime in the future.
Linda
Comforted me in a tough time. I enjoy his humble writing style. Good storyteller. Will read more of him.
Kate
Each chapter is like a short story, easy to read before bed. Very inspirational
Fritz Guevarra
This book inspires me, God's love towards us is really amazing!
  • Three Steps Forward, Two Steps Back: Persevering Through Pressure
  • The Body
  • Life on the Edge: A Young Adult's Guide to a Meaningful Future
  • Woman to Woman: Candid Conversations from Me to You
  • Power Through Prayer
  • Reaching for the Invisible God: What Can We Expect to Find?
  • Everybody's Normal Till You Get to Know Them
  • The Search for Significance: Seeing Your True Worth Through God's Eyes
  • The Bible Promise Book - KJV
  • Real Christianity
  • The Importance of Being Foolish: How to Think Like Jesus
Max Lucado has touched millions with his signature storytelling writing style. Awards and accolades follow Max with each book he writes. Max is the first author to win the Gold Medallion Christian Book of the Year three times—1999 for Just Like Jesus, 1997 for In the Grip of Grace and 1995 for When God Whispers Your Name. In 2005, Reader’s Digest dubbed him “America’s Best Preacher.” In addition, ...more
More about Max Lucado...
You Are Special He Chose the Nails Facing Your Giants In the Grip of Grace: You Can't Fall Beyond His Love Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear

“521It does little good to make the trip and miss the journey!” 0 likes