Start by marking “In the Eye of the Storm” as Want to Read:
In the Eye of the Storm

In the Eye of the Storm

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  1,294 ratings  ·  54 reviews
One day in the life of Christ.

Call it a tapestry of turmoil: A noisy pictorial in which the golden threads of triumph knot against the black, frazzled strings of tragedy.

Call it a symphony of emotions: A sunrise-to-sunset orchestration of extremes. One score is brassy with exuberance -- the next moans with sorrow.

Whatever you call it -- call it real. Author Max Lucado call
Published January 21st 2002 by Thomas Nelson (first published July 10th 1991)

Katie Casey
Love how Max Lucado makes God so REAL.

One of my favorite chapters was "Why God Smiles" in which Lucado writes "I'm not one who easily envisions a smiling God. A weeping God, yes. An angry God, OK. A might God, you bet. But a chuckling God? .... What do I think he was doing when he stretched the neck of the giraffe? An exercise in engineering? What do I think he had in mind when he told the ostrich where to put his head? Spelunking? What do I think he was doing when he designed the mating call o
Max Lucado has a gift for finding the eternal in the commonplace. He spots the inspiration in the historic. He can take the divine and make it personal. The thrust of "In The Eye Of The Storm" is to give his readers comfort and direction in times of adversity, especially those times when we are hounded by demands, filled with doubt, or facing failure. To the heart ready receive, the impact of this unrelenting trio dwindles before the prospect of perspective, endurance and choice. This book is de ...more
Admittedly I've never read any of Max's longer books. The one I know best is his children's story about the puppet and the woodcarver. But I was taking a Bible study where the teacher mentioned him and I wanted to check out the book in question. And just like with everything that I encounter in my walk with God, I read this book at the perfect time for it to speak to me.

Stress is just a part of life; we can't get away from it. How encouraging, then, to know that Jesus experienced stress as well.
This book was given to me as a gift; and although initially I was intimidated I decided - why not? Let me give it a fair read it and my eyes were opened to just how "easy" I had it. Just when I thought I was drowning in a quagmire of problems, and challenges - I see that what I can't "seem to bear" is completely doable! It was a book that I hold dear to my heart & am eternally grateful to my friend.....who I will always hold in a special place in my heart.
This book has been very inspirational for me in dealing with the storm that's going on in my life right now. My storm is nothing compared to what Jesus went through on the road to the cross.
Charles Thornton
This is one of my all time favorite books. I quote from it often. I find the earlier Max Lucado books like this one to be his most inspiring. Each chapter is short and self contained so it is one of those books you can pick up and read a while, put down and get back to it later and not have to try to reconnect the dots. My kind of reading.

Lucado's books are inspiring and light and not for the intellectual looking to dig into deep truths or principles. Probably another reason why they appeal to m
Megan Boldizsar
This was an inspiring book. I read it when my mom (who is only 54) became very suddenly and critically ill. She's a very devout Christian and I couldn't help but wonder why this was happening to her. I read this book for comfort and to gain some perspective, and I believe reading it accomplished both goals. I recommend this book to anyone who is experiencing a major struggle in their life!

Oh, and by the way... After 3 weeks in the ICU, a major high-risk surgery, and a total of 2 months of hospi
Victoria Green
Max, the great story teller,once again profoundly moved my heart from it's frequent flying trips into fear- to a place of peace. Like most his books it was read in two days. What I like the most and have been brought to see through all my illness's/issues...that the STORM was His direct path for me. In all my doubt's and running off at the second I see something on the horizon ...Max reminded me that all of our issues and all of our fears are reall little invites to run and hide and trust into t ...more
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Had a lot of good thoughts and ideas to ponder. Really helps one to appreciate the imminence of Christ... finding how God is talking to you during the times you don't see it.
Mompati Letsweletse
No doubt No questioning No wavering this is one of the christian best book i have ever came across.The ministry of our lord Jesus Christ explained in well laid foundation
Chooi Yee
It's the 1st time I read Max Lucado's book.... Very inspiring and encourage - a word in season for me ...
Easy, encouraging read just too much bumper sticker slogans and often rambles for emphasis.
Tekla Parajdi
Amazing point of view! Really inspiring! Loved it! Now I can imagine a smiling God :)
Kevin Clouse
Max helps me see deeper into the words of the Bible.
He writes with such humility and imagination.
Shannon Bernier
very inspring great book
Stephy Jemmisparks
Jun 30, 2008 Stephy Jemmisparks rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: the hurting
This is the book that the VERY book that first gave me any hope. I was feeling sentenced to a life of being forsaken, when I found this book, and read about God's love...

This book, is that book that joined my first hopes that life could be better and without it I would have never made it to today.

The love and grace of God was something I did not had to taste, as of yet then.... now My heart quivers with deep compassion at the fear of rejected outcasts.Read this book !!!

I thank Max for this book.
I really got a lot from this book. I would really recommend this to anyone who is looking for guidance from our heavenly father. The study guide was easy to follow it also gave me lots to think about! Go Max!
Whoever you are, wherever you are - I hope this book finds you when you are ready to read it. My grandmother once told me that good books have a way of finding us when they are meant to, and this one found me at the perfect time. What a blessing!!
I really like Max's storytelling and how he relates so many profound points through the use of stories. I enjoyed reading the book and it was a fairly quick read! It's the kind of book to keep on your bookshelf and pull out for a quick reminder when you find yourself "In the Eye of the Storm".
Sherrill Wallace
Has your life ever gone from calm to chaos in a short while? Mine has. This book was given to me by my sister at a time my life was changed by a doctor's visit to my hospital room. A Christiam perspective on how to handle a dilemma in one's life.
Dj Wells
Christ in His last day on earth. His loss of friends the stress of what was to come and the weight of our sins all crashing down on Him. But He is faithful to His Father's will and goes the length and achieves victory.
Easy read, chapters were very short, so it made for a great daily devotional. Not particularly "deep", but still made you think about things in a different way. Great easy summer read.
Rebecca L Matthews
I love Max Lucado's writing, including his children's books. Chapter 15, The Woodcutter's Wisdom was especially encouraging and enlightening. I enjoy Max's style of writing.
Lucado is masterful. His use of language is superb. This book focuses on one day in Jesus' life: the day he fed the 5000. There are awesome insights to apply to daily living.
Rhonda Rae Baker
Enjoy all of Max Lucado...we're not alone! and in the deepest darkest hour...we can find that quiet place in the center of our storm. All things work out in time.
Apryl Anderson
Lucado is such a nice gentle, yet passionate, storyteller, that you've gotta love him. He encourages and inspires the faithful without being offensive.
Glenn Robinson
Filled with 30+ quick stories from the New Testament and Jesus centered around when we are going thru turbalent times. Light, yet good reminders.
Always enjoy Max Lucado's books
  • Three Steps Forward, Two Steps Back: Persevering Through Pressure
  • Power Through Prayer
  • Reaching for the Invisible God: What Can We Expect to Find?
  • Life on the Edge: A Young Adult's Guide to a Meaningful Future
  • The Name
  • Mary Kay: You Can Have It All: Lifetime Wisdom from America's Foremost Woman Entrepreneur
  • The Body
  • Experiencing God Day-By-Day: The Devotional and Journal
  • Everybody's Normal Till You Get to Know Them
  • Hope for the Troubled Heart: Finding God in the Midst of Pain
  • The Kneeling Christian
  • It Came from Within!: The Shocking Truth of What Lurks in the Heart
  • Captured by Grace: No One Is Beyond the Reach of a Loving God
  • Woman to Woman: Candid Conversations from Me to You
Max Lucado has touched millions with his signature storytelling writing style. Awards and accolades follow Max with each book he writes. Max is the first author to win the Gold Medallion Christian Book of the Year three times—1999 for Just Like Jesus, 1997 for In the Grip of Grace and 1995 for When God Whispers Your Name. In 2005, Reader’s Digest dubbed him “America’s Best Preacher.” In addition, ...more
More about Max Lucado...
You Are Special He Chose the Nails Facing Your Giants In the Grip of Grace: You Can't Fall Beyond His Love Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear

“It does little good to make the trip and miss the journey!” 1 likes