Going to the Firehouse

Going to the Firehouse (Little Critter Readers)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Whoosh! goes the water hose. Ooo! Eee! Ooo! goes the siren. Ding! Ding! goes the fire alarm.

Little Critter and his classmates are taking a trip to the firehouse! Little Critter puts on his boots and jacket—now he's ready to help Fireman Joe. After checking the hose and ladder, Little Critter is ready for a fireman's helmet of his own. Join Little Critter as he learns to st...more
Published June 24th 2008 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Going to the Firehouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going to the Firehouse

midnightfaerie
Another Mercer Mayer book that all my kids enjoyed. My 5 yr old just adores Mayer and requests her books constantly. I read them at the breakfast or lunch table and even my 3 yr old twins get into them. Fun engaging themes that any child can relate to, a great addition to any children's library. This one was a level 1 reader, so a little on the easy side, but all of us still enjoyed it.
Margaret
This book was included in our Little Critter Collection: Contains Little Critter: Going to the Firehouse, Little Critter: Going to the Sea Park, and Little Critter: Snowball Soup and this is our first exposure to Little Critter and it's a delight. I had seen this guy around, but never really looked into it until now. AppleBlossom is at the stage where Level "My First" I Can Read! books are perfect and so I'm looking all around to see what I can find.

Little Critter: Going to the Firehouse is a g...more
Christian Padgett
This is a great book to use with young children to talk about community helpers. It talks about some of the things firemen do. It also begins to talk about fire safety. This is a great way to introduce these two topics.
Hannah Sheffield
This would be a great book to read before taking a field trip to the firehouse. It would also be a good book to read about fire safety.
Joshua
i don't really know, no nothing.
Janet
Janet added it
Aug 09, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Ayashe
Ayashe marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Kristen Snowdon
Kristen Snowdon marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Alexandrea Swank
Alexandrea Swank marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Arlyn
Arlyn added it
Jun 25, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
May 25, 2014
I began illustrating books in 1966. Since that time I have published over 300 books. Most of my books are about things that happened to me when I was a little kid. Now I'm a big kid and I write about things that happen now, especially with my own children. They always remind me of what it was like.

I was born in Arkansas in 1943. Boy, that was a long time ago! It's real fun to be an old kid. Then m...more
More about Mercer Mayer...
Just Go to Bed Just for You (Little Critter) Just Me and My Dad (Little Critter) I Was So Mad There's a Nightmare in My Closet