Start by marking “Hungry! Hungry! Hungry!” as Want to Read:
Hungry! Hungry! Hungry!

Hungry! Hungry! Hungry!

What is a boy to think when a mischievous, spidery-legged, knobbly-kneed goblin shows up in his front yard? Full of curiosity, the young boy follows his strange new goblin friend a she squishes and squashes things, creeping and crawling through the house in search of something to eat.Children will delight in repeating the goblin's answers to the boy's questions. Why have y ...more
Published March 1st 2001 by Peachtree Publishers (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Hungry! Hungry! Hungry!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hungry! Hungry! Hungry!

Rebecca Gray
Sep 16, 2016 Rebecca Gray rated it it was ok
Shelves: peer-instructor
This is an odd book but for some reason I can see kids liking it. Whether it be because of their fascination with monsters, the bright and colorful pictures, or the simple language used. Will teach your kids about sharing.
Crystal Warrick
After reading this book, I would read it to pre-k age children to help them learn that sharing with others is a good thing. The boy keeps asking questions to the monster until the monster tells the boy what he wants and instead of the monster eating the boy, the boy shares his food with the monster. It is kind of a strange book, but will keep a child's attention because of the great pictures and rhymes.
Marela Carmenaty
Mar 11, 2016 Marela Carmenaty rated it it was ok
Shelves: peer-in-class
The book contains rhyming structure. Its a question and response book, perfect for parents and their child. The illustrations are vivid, scary and full of strong details. The sentences are however placed in an odd angle which can be confusing to some children. The story is great for those children who are very interested in monsters. The book is very original compared to others.
Melanie
A boy meets an odd looking goblin while playing with a ball outside of his house. Through a series of questions the young boy finds out that this goblin can march, crawl, squish and squash, knock out windows, grab and squeeze and above all else, is very, very, very hungry! You'll never guess what he wants to eat!
Erica Gordon
This book had a lot of rhyming words for children. It was a question and answer format which would be great for one on one reading. However, the words or sentences were angled very awkwardly which I found hard for children to read, for this reason I did not care for the book. I would recommend it only for older children in 2nd grade and up.
Raevin Jones
I thought that this book was very short with little words. However it shows children about sharing and playing with other children even though they look different than us. I thought that the pictures are greatly illustrated and draws children to the book. This book teaches children about adjectives and how to use different words to describe words.
Beverley
Apr 06, 2016 Beverley rated it liked it
This book teaches children how to use describing words. The large font makes it simple to read.The pictures are greatly illustrated and draws children to the book.
Caitlin Sanocki
Apr 07, 2016 Caitlin Sanocki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: peer-review
This book is very colorful. It has several rhyming words and is a good way to teach children about rhyming. It is a fun, light hearted book.
Young
Apr 06, 2016 Young rated it it was ok
Shelves: peer-reviews
This book has great rhymes that are very catchy and fun to memorize. However, this book felt short and was told in a strange perspective. All in all, this book would not be recommend that much by me.
Sandra
Mar 18, 2016 Sandra rated it really liked it
Full of colors, wildly illustrations to create a perfect reading aloud, with repetitive words, good in vocabulary. I will read this book to children when they have hose fun days.
Parihan Lalani
Parihan Lalani rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2016
Su
Su rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2016
Bryan Mannix
Bryan Mannix rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2011
Margaret Burton
Mar 05, 2016 Margaret Burton rated it it was ok
Shelves: peer-reviews, insects
I think this book is okay. The illustrations are very colorful. Silly, fun book.
Sara Jones
Sara Jones rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2010
Marineke
Marineke rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2012
Anurasika
Anurasika rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2010
Tara
Tara rated it did not like it
Jan 23, 2013
Malachy Doyle is the author of Antonio on the Other Side of the World, Getting Smaller and many other books for children. He lives in Donegal, Ireland.
More about Malachy Doyle...