Start by marking “Something Wild (Darklands, #3)” as Want to Read:
Something Wild (Darklands, #3)

Something Wild (Darklands #3)

Ever fall in love with the wrong man? With a body to make a young girl sigh and a voice like black velvet, Mathin is definitely the wrong man. He's not safe, he's not stable . he's not even human. Andrea doesn't know what she's getting into when she agrees to visit her granny. Swept away to another world by a man almost too hot to handle, she can't decide if it's a dream c ...more
Published July 1st 2005 by New Concepts Publishing (first published March 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Something Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something Wild

Jamie
Jun 15, 2011 Jamie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another free read that I enjoyed ... wow. Although it does have a lot of forgotten words (to, the, for) and at times a sentence can loose me (obviously not making any sense), but really we should all be use to this level of writing from a free read by now.

This story is a wonderful sci-fi romance. I know the main people are werewolf's but that seems like such a formality ... they are all on an alien plane and them transforming to wolfs are barely part of the story ... I think it would have been
Anna
Aug 01, 2011 Anna rated it liked it
Read it as a freebie on Kindle--under the title Scent of Darkness. I enjoy paranormal stories and I like how this author invented an alternate planet with a portal to Earth and different creatures inhabiting it. The action was slow at times but I was interested enough in the characters to read until the end. May even read more in the series .
Dec 31, 2013 Cheri rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh God. No, I did not finish this. It was...Awful. Free was not cheap enough.
Kerr
Jun 16, 2012 Kerr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
description

Full review can also be found on: Paein and Ms4Tune’s Book Blog

So this book has kidnap-y themes too. And while I can understand that it was to keep her safe, she didn't however and a little more explanation would have gone down well. Also, she seemed to fall for him pretty quickly. He had the pull of her Charmer smell to draw him in, but he seemed to have a similar affect on her but nothing was mentioned about the why of that, which would have been interesting.

Their lack of communication was r
Jun 16, 2012 Cheri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
I always seem to want to choose a half star. My feeling for this book were between "Liked" and "Really Liked". I almost feel like it's false advertising for me to give the full 4 stars. Sigh, it is what it is I guess.

Let me first say I really enjoyed the first book of this series, The Charmer. I felt like Autumn Dawn let us get to know the characters so we could care about them. Mathin was one of my favorite characters in that book and I found myself wanting to know more about him. So I was deli
Karen Jones
Jul 05, 2011 Karen Jones rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Scent of Danger was formerly titled Something Wild. Yet again, I've read a book right out of the middle of a series. I've got to be more careful. Luckily, this one does a really good job of being a stand-alone if you haven't read the previous ones. The author does a wonderful job of introducing knowledge from previous books in the series without making the reader feel out of the loop. If I hadn't been enjoying it so much and Googled author Autumn Dawn, I might have never found out. Lucky for me ...more
Dana
Oct 18, 2011 Dana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got hooked...Andrea a student at a culinard school in Chicago is about the get the biggest change of life that she ever expected...Conned into visiting her grandmother in Alaska after she graduates culinary school she finds herself conned yet again by her grandmother into being a caretaker for a rather absent landlord. What she discovers the next day is a man who will stop at nothing to make her his.

Mathin has a past he'd like to forget and the moment he sees Andrea he can't think of anything
Sandy Vaughan
Jun 17, 2011 Sandy Vaughan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
A friend suggested we read it together. I agreed. We got our copies from Amazon.com for our Kindles.

If you find yourself in need of a good romance (romances?), with nothing too scary, pick it up and enjoy. It's a light, fun, fast read that had me wanting to keep reading to the end.

I do have to give the writer koodos as you know how I feel about series books that leave you hanging, waiting for the next book which probably won't be out for a year. You might want to read the others in the series b
Julia
Apr 22, 2012 Julia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I actually didn't realize when I read this book that it was a book #3. Although, you did not need to read the other books to get caught up to speed in this one. Not really. There was a lot of things left out, that could have helped tell the story faster, but, I caught the gist of the story without that information anyway.

I probably wouldn't recommend it. I was able to read the whole thing, but the writing wasn't as good as other books in the same genre I've read before. I'd give it an "Eh" rati
Christy
I really enjoyed this book. I found myself swept away with the characters and circumstances. The character development was wonderfully done and I'm hoping there are more books related to this world and/or characters. I found the group of Haunts to be quite appealing and mysterious! Really enjoyed the relationship between Andrea and Mathin! This world really has to potential to continue on for a long time. Well done!
BITE ME
I GOT THIS BOOK ON MY NOOK I HADENT NOWN IT WAS A SERIES AND I FINISHED IT IN ONE DAY (SCENT OF DANGER ) THIS BOOK IN TRAPED ME IN THE PAGES I LIKE'D THE PLOT A LOT IT WAS EXTREMELY DIFFERENT WITH THE (WOLF) &( CHARMER) STORY LINE BUT LOVE'D IT AND I COULDN'T STOP MY SELF FROM READING THE HOLE BOOK EVERY TIME I TOOK A BREAK =) I NEEDED TO READ MORE !!! I LOVE STUMBLING ON SUCH A GOOD READ NOW I PLAN TO GET THIS SERIES I HOPE THERE AS GOOD AS THIS ONE =D
Leah
Dec 18, 2012 Leah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Slow and predicable. Not one of the best books I have read. I didn't realize it was part of a series when I downloaded it for free, but when I started reading it I realized it was part of a series. This did not entice me to read more of the series. I believe the author does have a good story line. I just didn't fall in love with the characters.
Ashley Mayer
Jul 01, 2011 Ashley Mayer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Scent of Danger is the story of Mathin, and his trip to Earth where he meets Andrea. To protect Andrea, Mathin brings her to the Dark Lands. At first she's upset, and wants nothing to do with Mathin, but that changes when Andrea realizes how much she needs him. So far I love all the Dark Lands books, and I can't wait to read more!
Angie
Oct 01, 2011 Angie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very unique book. I enjoyed the other world experience, the romance was exciting, and the characters kept me reading to the end. It was fun, fast, and beautiful. I didnt know this was a series. Its perfect as a stand alone book. I will be reading the whole series, this one peaked my interest.
Dee Gray
May 20, 2016 Dee Gray rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Autumn Dawn goes back to originality in this third book of the series. Yea!! Wow ... Granny, just ... wow. Mathin finally gets his chance and boy does he grab hold of his chance! BUT ... a little thin on the between times of the separation.
Ceola
Nov 09, 2011 Ceola rated it liked it
Oh I enjoyed the boo but I am confused by the lack of consistency in the title of the books.
What I read was called scent of darkness. The supposedly 3rd book in the series.
Ok u figure it out I liked the book
Dec 06, 2011 Cheri added it
I saw that someone else rated this zero stars, and that is my rating, too. So bad I couldn't finish more than a quarter of the book. It was free on Amazon, so I thought I'd give it a try. Not worth it even without having to pay for it.
Patricia Babcock
Loved It!

This is a great book for those of you that like paranormal books. No vamps or werewolves, just beings from another universe. Includes adventure and a great love story. Would definitely like to read the whole series.
Cheryla
Jun 21, 2011 Cheryla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this on my iPad thru apple. Excellent books. I got the first one charmer, and then scent of danger. I could not put the books down, can't wait to find out about the new character Nikon. Excellent read!
Crystal
Jul 18, 2012 Crystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first book so I got the second one. There was some side parts that happened to the couple in the first book. I guess you can't expect everything to go the way you want it to. I enjoyed going back.
Mara
Jun 10, 2011 Mara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trash-bin, pnr, freebies
I should have listened to Citron.
Great review, please read before buying.
Junie
Disappointed with the first two books in this series but determined to finish the series and hopefully figure out some of the unanswered questions which have gotten under my skin!

Finally! This is how the other two should have been written! Much better!!!
Wendalyn Hoff
Jun 23, 2011 Wendalyn Hoff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Mathin's story. This book was better as a whole than the first book which tended to go off course. I still think maybe she needs a new proofreader cause there are sentences here and there that don't make any sense but all in all the story was very good. I plan on reading the next one also.
Lauren
Aug 04, 2011 Lauren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ipad
This was a cute book. The writing is good, the story was interesting though a bit predictable.

I found the ending to be a bit slap-dash. A kidnapping was great but there were only a few pages of the kidnapper, didn't really get to know much about him.
Sharon
Jul 01, 2011 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Got this free on my iPhone and absolutely loved it

Will definitely be getting the rest of the series on my kindle!
Angel
Jul 06, 2011 Angel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not really into romance novels but this one had enough fantasy for me to enjoy it. looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Kali
Pretty good book. Can't seem to put it down! Great book! Didn't know it was part of a series but I plan on reading the other Darklands books now.
Matkomalimali1
Oct 26, 2012 Matkomalimali1 rated it liked it
nice story,lot of strange words,sometimes hard to read.sex scenes are not well described.you have begging and end of scene but not the good part .very stingy.
SheLove2Read
Nov 17, 2010 SheLove2Read rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, 2011
Also titled as Scent of Danger.

Glad this was free. Should have been titled Scent of Ridiculousness.

DNF
Carolyn Redfern
Not a bad read. Started reading another one which seems to be in similar format. I will read the Dark lands series though as I get through a lot of books.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 11, 2015 12:31PM
  • Saying Goodbye to the Sun
  • Just One Taste (The V V Inn, #0.5)
  • Fresh Blood
  • Amber Moon (Moon Trilogy, #2)
  • Victoria Gardella: Vampire Slayer (The Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1.5)
  • The Deadliest Sin
  • The Devil & Venus di Milo (Witches Anonymous, #0.5)
  • Unicorn Bait (Unicorn Bait #1)
  • Spooks and Magic (Alana Weatherbee, #2)
  • Fire Dance
  • Griffin's Daughter (Griffin's Daughter Trilogy, #1)
  • The Hunger
  • Save My Soul (Preternaturals, #2)
  • Awakening (Dead Forever, #1)
  • Graveyard Games
  • The Arrival
  • Spirit Thorn (A Tale of Parallel Worlds)
  • Blindsight (Mirus, #1.3)
About me:

I'm a stay at home mom with three kids, a dog and an active imagination. I spent the first 34 years of my life in Alaska, land of the midnight sun, but these days I'm located in Washington, and am enjoying a much warmer sun :) I'm married to my high school sweetheart, John, who is known to bring me flowers "just because".

My leisure time is filled with gardening, crochet, knitting, sewing,
More about Autumn Dawn...

Darklands (6 books)
  • The Charmer (Darklands, #1)
  • Homecoming (Darklands, #2)
  • Fallon (Darklands, #4)
  • Ghost in Her Heart (Darklands, #5)
  •  Bad Moon Rising (Darklands, #6)