Start by marking “Betrayed (Rosie Gilmour #4)” as Want to Read:
Betrayed (Rosie Gilmour #4)

Betrayed (Rosie Gilmour #4)

You don't mess with Rosie Gilmour and get away with it.

Crime reporter Rosie Gilmour is back at The Post, bruised and battered from her last investigation but determined to find missing barmaid Wendy Graham.

Convinced that Wendy is the key to an explosive new story, Rosie's search leads her deep into the dangerous world of Glasgow's Ulster Volunteer Force.

This time, Rosie wi
Published April 24th 2014 by Quercus (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Betrayed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Betrayed

Sharon Mccall
Apr 01, 2015 Sharon Mccall rated it it was amazing
Welcome back to Rosie Gilmour, journalist and trouble magnet extraordinaire.

Rosie Gilmour is a Scottish newspaper reporter based in Glasgow and with a few hairy investigations already under belt you know that whatever story she is looking to get her teeth into next its not going to be for the faint hearted.

This time Rosie is looking into a missing barmaid that no one else seems to care about. The story soon develops into something meatier when Rosie discovers that a high ranking member of the U
Shaun
Apr 23, 2014 Shaun rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, 2014
Well, isn't Rosie Gilmour the cat with nine lives? She just cannot resist getting herself into danger and this book was no different. I am a huge fan of the Rosie Gilmour series after I borrowed Screams in the Dark (book three) from the library about a year ago. I enjoyed the story, the writing and the character of Rosie so much that I immediately bought the other two for my Kindle. Anna is a very talented writer and the stories she tells are very gripping, the one in this book was no different. ...more
Best Crime Books & More
May 09, 2014 Best Crime Books & More rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed this series so far and was really looking forward to this instalment. Thankfully I was in for a real treat and it took me no time to catch up with the wonderful Rosie Gilmour. This is Anna Smith’s fourth book in the series and it appears she is now at full throttle. We catch up with Rosie after her last investigation (Book 3) and she is now back at work and ready to go. When barmaid Wendy Graham goes missing, Rosie starts to delve into it and as usual finds herself in a ...more
Colette Lamberth
Much as I love the Rosie Gilmour series I wasn't sure this would grab me with its storyline about the UVF. How wrong I was. Even though I have read the follow on book I was still drawn into the story completely and worrying about the fate of the regular characters. I highly recommend this one and it would work as a standalone book but ideally you should read the series in order.
Paul
Oct 04, 2014 Paul rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book as a Goodreads Giveaway

This isn't a genre of books that I have read for a while, so this was a nice change for me from some heavier reading of late.

This was my first Anna Smith novel and therefore my first encounter with Rosie. Overall, it proved to be a good read with the plot moving along nicely and interest maintained throughout. It was a little longer than perhaps it could have been but I enjoyed it sufficiently to look out for other of the author's novels
Carol
Apr 03, 2015 Carol rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this 4th in series, but beginning to get a bit samey after the other 3. Somehow just did not grab me as being so good
Jessica Johansen
Jul 13, 2014 Jessica Johansen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Betrayed by Anna Smith was a fantastic crime novel. The main character Rosie is smart and keeps the story moving. The plot twists and turns keeps you turning the pages for more.
Ewa Skotarek
Feb 17, 2015 Ewa Skotarek rated it it was amazing
A very good read.It wasn't exaggeration that Anna Smith style is similar to Martina's Cole books.I think her style is more subtle, but still very good! I recommend!
Julie Stott
May 13, 2014 Julie Stott rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for the next Rosie Gilmore adventure!!
~ Cariad ~
Nov 08, 2016 ~ Cariad ~ rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant book by Anna Smith!!

Seriously, TEAM ROSIE all the way!!
comfort
This time Rosie starts her investigation closer to home in Glasgow. A bar maid goes missing after a meeting at the pub (where she works) of the Ulster Volunteer Force.

She gets bogged down in the murky world of gangsters and drug smuggling before she is able to find out what has happened to the girl concerned.
Ruth
Dec 10, 2014 Ruth rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, crime-modern
Oh dear. Just not for me, I am afraid. So, of course, unable to recommend to the normal crew. I think it was the setting and the character that made it impossible for me to get past the first couple of chapters.
Elaine
Jun 22, 2014 Elaine rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
I know I am probably well in the minority on this one, but I really struggled with this one. I couldn't summon up interest in any of the characters at all.
Rowland Heys
May 24, 2014 Rowland Heys rated it really liked it
good read however found it lacking in action and with abit of a poor ending concentrating more on progressing the story on to the next book
Jane Long
Aug 19, 2016 Jane Long rated it really liked it
I brought this book based on the cover. I really enjoyed it. Slow start, but I soon got into it. Good characters, good plot, good all round.
Chelsey
The cover said as good as Martina Cole it should have read better than Martina (well definitely better than her more recent books anyway)
Rita Ansbro
Rita Ansbro rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
Elizabeth Nicoll
Elizabeth Nicoll rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2016
Caroline Rae
Caroline Rae rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Joanne Moore
Joanne Moore rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2015
Christa
Christa rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2015
Rod Ashley
Rod Ashley rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2015
Brenda
Brenda rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Doreen
Doreen rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Ali Strafford
Ali Strafford rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Maggie
Maggie rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Fiona Rice
Fiona Rice rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2014
David Gray
David Gray rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2015
linda halls
linda halls rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Ann
Oct 02, 2014 Ann rated it it was amazing
Loved it
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Betrayed
  • Random
  • Playing Dead (Annie Carter #4)
  • Hand of God (Scott Manson, #2)
  • Painting Death
  • The Schemer
  • Death in Bordeaux
  • The Night the Rich Men Burned
  • Speechless (Inspector Marco #1)

Anna Smith is an award-winning journalist who spent a lifetime in daily newspapers, reporting from the frontline all over the world. She has covered conflicts from Somalia to Rwanda to Kosovo, where she witnessed the plight of tragic refugees, genocide and hideous ethnic cleansing. She has also worked on major investigations, unmasking drug dealers and paedophiles, as well as reporting on the Dunb
More about Anna Smith...

Rosie Gilmour (7 books)
  • The Dead Won't Sleep (Rosie Gilmour #1)
  • To Tell The Truth (Rosie Gilmour #2)
  • Screams In The Dark (Rosie Gilmour #3)
  • A Cold Killing (Rosie Gilmour #5)
  • Rough Cut (Rosie Gilmour #6)
  • Kill Me Twice (Rosie Gilmour #7)