Start by marking “One Special Moment” as Want to Read:
One Special Moment

One Special Moment (Madaris Family & Friends #5)

One Special Moment
Published February 19th 2008 by Arabesque 1998/2008 (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about One Special Moment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Special Moment

Shawnette
Apr 09, 2009 Shawnette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I'm FINALLY going back in time to read some of the Madaris' series I missed...and I wasn't disappointed! Sterling and Colby were a perfect combination. She gave him exactly what he NEEDED...love...something no women had ever given him. Kudos Mrs. Jackson!
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This book was pretty romantic and had my favorite theme: The marriage of convenience combined with baby theme. Sterling is a movie star who doesn't believe in love and ever after. But he does want a baby. He convinces Colby to have his baby, but Colby is an old-fashioned girl, so she says she'll have to be married first. Her family commitments make this a deal she can't say no to. They don't plan on falling in love but they do anyway. Even though Sterling didn't believe in love, he was a really ...more
Dee
Sep 01, 2010 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read most of the Mardaris novels, regretfully, not always in order. I think I may have read this one years ago, however I still enjoyed it.

As the story begins, Colby Wingate has an appointment with the lawyer of Sterling Hamilton, a very successful, very handsome actor. She thinks she is there to discuss a possible endorsement deal of a new cologne fragrance her brother's company is launching. Due to a huge mix-up, Sterling thinks she is there in reponse to an anonymous ad he placed for a
Mya
Nov 05, 2012 Mya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really do love mrs. Jackson writing style dis book delivery wat I expected
Jazzypom
Aug 09, 2008 Jazzypom rated it it was ok
Man, this book could have been so much better. The premise was intriguing, the characters were interesting... but the bad editing and dodgy writing really killed the story.

Premise: Vowing never to get close to anyone, actor Sterling Hamilton places an ad for a woman who will marry him, give him a child, and then grant him a divorce, but when beautiful Colby Wingate implores him to help her brother's failing cosmetics company, he offers her marriage and unexpected passion explodes between them.

T
Tanya Mayes
Jun 13, 2014 Tanya Mayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a sad but touching story about Sterling Hamilton and Colby Wingate which shows what the love a good woman will do for you. What started out as a proposition/contract turned into love at first sight. I love that it shows that waiting for marriage is the "Proper" thing to do something that doesn't exist as much now. I laughed and at some scene I wanted to shade a tear or two but things came together. I love to ending. The setting and backdrop of the scenes put me right there with them espe ...more
Pearl
Jun 03, 2011 Pearl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yes but beware that it is a short read.
It was a beautiful romance novel. I loved every bit of it. At first I couldn't believe what Sterling wanted Colby to do, but after reading the story I understood. I was also glad at the end to learn that he forgave his mother and let her and his brother into his life.
Princess
Jul 15, 2012 Princess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great love story. It was predictable but still a book def to be read.
Metris
Feb 27, 2014 Metris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loved Sterling & Colby story
Tonie Green
May 27, 2013 Tonie Green rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. This is my first book by this author and I will be reading more.
Tilequa
really goooooood read most likely would not again!!!!!!!!!!
Connie
Another winner from Brenda Jackson! I love the (Madaris Family) series. Colby Wingate wants to somehow, repay her brother, James, for the sacrifices he made to raise her after their parents died. So she decides to ask superstar actor, Sterling Hamilton, to endorse her brother's new cologne. In return, Sterling Offers Colby a deal. You see, Sterling hates his mother. She not only abandoned him when he was a young child, she then rejected and humiliated him, a second time, in front of his Youth Gr ...more
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Colby Wingate takes a gamble on life's chance in order to help the one person in the world she loves without doubt. Sterling Hamilton could be the answer to Colby's plans for her brother, but he believes she is there for something completely different. Things turn out to be mutually beneficial to them both but for different reasons.

This is most certainly a read the will read again and again. Jackson make the Madrais Family & Friends a series to come back to over and over again.
Bridget
This book was good! I enjoyed how the two characters Colby and Sterling both had unique motives and how funny it was that each was confused about the other. There were certain parts of this story that I could read over and over again because of how well developed the chemistry was between Sterling and Colby. There were many funny and cute parts as well as steamy. I thought this story was great!
Celeste
Jun 19, 2016 Celeste rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sterling and Colby match made in heaven

You are to never allow your past to keep you from your future. Sterling almost allowed that to happen by holding Colby to the standards of his past hurt. But love has away of overcoming and even though their meeting and relationship was unconventional it was exactly what Colby and Sterling needed.
Arnissa Burnett
May 07, 2016 Arnissa Burnett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy and feisty

A feisty and to the point book. I couldn't put it down. Sterling Hamilton wasn't ready for the likes of Colby Wingate. The book was warning and heartfelt. Brenda Jackson books are breathtaking.
Tamara
3.5 - Stars

This was a typical, quick, HEA book by Brenda Jackson. It's part of the Madaris Family & Friend's series.

I really liked Colby and she was exactly what Sterling needed. Their marriage of convenience turned into a great love story.
Dorel
May 23, 2014 Dorel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book's story line was okay but sad. I didn't like Sterling's character. I thought Sterling was very selfish & unfair. I liked Colby's character. I thought Colby was very sweet & loving. Some scenes in this story is very touching. I really liked the ending.
Karen
Aug 10, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an awesome love story about faith, love, trust, and understanding. Although I was pretty angry with Sterling Hamilton, I grew to respect him when he did right by Colby Wingate. This is a must read along with the other stories in this Madaris series!
Desiree
Despite the preposterous way the book started out, the romance that eventually happened between Sterling and Colby was entertaining to read. The banter wasn't as witty in this one, which I think was due to the way their characters were written although Colby had a few memorable lines early on.
Chelsea
Sep 17, 2013 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
And what a moment it was.. My first thought of Sterling's proposal was not only surprising but INSANE!! I'm glad that he found his match with the unique Colby. I love this series and I can't get enough of the Madaris men and their friends! Fire and Desire is next on my book list.
Sophie Sealy
I started reading this again and I realized it was my least favorite from the Madaris Family and Friends saga. No need to relive it again. Not bad, but not worth a second read.
Ikaika
Nov 29, 2010 Ikaika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Sterling Hamilton and Colby Wingate's story. No matter on what pretense a relationship is began, there is always room and time for love.
Kyra Gates
Oct 07, 2013 Kyra Gates rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made my day and I was having a bad one. It's everything I look for in a book and then some!
Gloria Hyde
Jul 19, 2016 Gloria Hyde rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love and trust

This is an excellent book on love, forgiveness, and trust. Ms Jackson truly out did herself writing this heartwarming novel!
brittany moore
Feb 04, 2016 brittany moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brenda Jackson does it again!

As much of her books I have read, the story line is great. Just like this one, it was such a great read!
K. N.
Jun 15, 2016 K. N. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another beautiful romance novel by Brenda Jackson. This story shows how love conquers all, no matter how hard they try to resist it. I am looking forward to continuing the Madaris series!
Marilyn Diamond
Jul 13, 2010 Marilyn Diamond rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not and would not put this book down. Quite sure I read other stories of the Hamilitons, Chenaults and Mandaris family but am going to go request more of Jackson's work. I loved it...
BRIJIN C SHELTON
I Love The Madaris Family Series

I have been reading Brenda Jackson for many years and I love The Madaris Family and friends series. A wonderful love story from beginning to end!
Nichelle Robinson
Nichelle Robinson rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2015
  • Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3)
  • Private Passions
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • Sexy/Dangerous
  • The Beautiful Ones
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Madaris Family & Friends (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Tonight & Forever
  • Cupid's Bow (Madaris Family & Friends, #1.5)
  • Whispered Promises