Start by marking “Eternally Yours” as Want to Read:
Eternally Yours

Eternally Yours (Madaris Family & Friends #4)

4.55  ·  Rating Details ·  1,523 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Friends…

Attorney Syneda Walters and fellow attorney Clayton Madaris are just friends…the last two people likely to end up as lovers. Syneda holds all men at arm's length because of the father whose name she never knew. Clayton has always been a playboy, and no woman has ever come close to keeping his interest for very long.

or Lovers?

Things suddenly heat up between them whe
Published January 22nd 2008 by Harlequin Kimani (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Eternally Yours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternally Yours

Desiree
I had been waiting to read Syneda & Clayton's story ever since they were introduced in Lorren & Justin's story in Tonight & Forever. I wasn't pleased that Dex & Caitlin's story came before theirs because it only increased my anticipation and I didn't want to read the series out of order. It was a story that didn't disappoint. I liked that they started out as friends and it progressed into a romantic relationship. It was pretty funny when Clayton began to see Syneda as someone he ...more
Chynared21
Dec 30, 2011 Chynared21 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't realize that this is part of a series but it is also a stand alone book. I really enjoyed this as the intimate scenes between the main characters wasn't graphic. There was a bit of mystery to the story which kept me guessing. I'm looking forward to reading the other books in the series.
Shannon
Mar 20, 2011 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Brenda Jackson has done it again. “Eternally Yours” has made me cry and laugh. Clayton and Syneda ‘s love story is the best Madaris story of them all.
Tanya Mayes
Jun 18, 2014 Tanya Mayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. The story of Clayton and Syneda was fun, hot and sexy. I love how even though these two disagree on a lot of things they do agree on the love and attraction that they shared. I love how innocence comes in to play to tame this hot blooded male. Syneda's back story was heart wrenching and I love how Clayton was instrumental in bringing smile to her face what a surprise. I loved it!!! Clayton was the typical younger brother spoiled Ms. Jackson did that. Must read series. I can't b ...more
Chanae Wills
Apr 14, 2013 Chanae Wills rated it it was amazing
The author Brenda Jackson uses the craft of italics to distinguish present from past, she uses extra spaces in order to make transitions in the story (ie. going to other characters in the story or going forward a couple of days). She does a great job of using both of these crafts. When she uses the italics toward the end of the story it is for one of the characters having a flashback to a time in the past. As a reader, I was able to make that transition and I knew when the story came back to the ...more
Joy
Jun 23, 2016 Joy rated it did not like it

Stand alone
POVs: Dual

Sigh...I do like this authors writing…but…I’m getting a pattern here that I’m just not interested in and one similar to Riding the Storm.

Both driven, both lawyers, they’ve known each other for two years and locked verbal horns each time they’ve met despite this they like each other. An impromptu vacation away brings these two together in ways neither anticipated or even wanted, at least initially.

Attorney Clayton Madaris is in his 30s, single, panty meltingly gorgeous, he ch
Thara
Jan 27, 2015 Thara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: explicit
a love story made for romantics. a man who quickly falls in love after swearing to be single forever. and a woman who turns away love because of what she thought was abandonment from the one man who should have loved and came for her, her father. but the man's love is strong enough to fight for her until she completely ruins his pride by rejecting him and throwing his love in his face. after she comes around he then solves her 18 year problem of abandonment and delivers her and her father to eac ...more
Sophie Sealy
Dec 03, 2013 Sophie Sealy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lovers of romance
Reading it again for the third time. There's something satisfying when you pick up a book to re-read and it reads as smoothly as it did when you first read it 15 years ago. This book continue to stand the test of time, no fads to make you cringe or make you feel aged., I wanted something tried and true for the moment but now I am hooked and ready to re-read the entire Madaris Family series. Yes I am in a happy place.
Chelsea
Sep 17, 2013 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Wwwwondeful read!!! Mr. Clayton finally met his match. This story is one many can relate to. I like the fact that Syneda was able to face her biggest fear which was "falling in love". It was a pleasure to read and I am looking forward to reading about all of the Madaris friends.
Karen
Aug 22, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
True romance, love, commitment, patience, understanding and trust were all showcased in this love story between playboy Clayton Madaris and Syneda Walters. This is a must read that I found to be funny, intriguing, sad at times, and extremely interesting from start to finish. Awesome!
Bridget
I loved this book! This book was smokin' hot. I am so addicted to Brenda Jackson Books. I would love to all her Madaris books turn into movies.
Taz Will
Sep 06, 2013 Taz Will rated it it was amazing
I had to read this after reading about Justin I had to find out about Clayton and his go round. This is just another good one to add to my reads.
Tramaine Green
Feb 03, 2012 Tramaine Green rated it it was amazing
I loved Clayton and Syneda's relationship and how it blossomed from friendship to more. This is one of my faves from Mrs. Jackson
Vanete Howard
Mar 29, 2011 Vanete Howard rated it it was amazing
Brenda Jackson Books are my favorite. In this one Clayton meets his match, and boy does this couple know how to burn...
Monica
Jan 21, 2012 Monica rated it it was amazing
I love these two!! This was a really great read! Brenda is of course the best romance writer there is...:-))
Kerbe
Dec 17, 2011 Kerbe rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love basically anything Brenda Jackson. I read this book years ago and I love it!!!!!!!
Chantell
May 30, 2011 Chantell rated it it was amazing
Clayton and Syneda's story is the best in the series. We get to see Clayton's softer side.
T'Laina D.
Mar 15, 2014 T'Laina D. rated it it was amazing
This book was a good book. Clayton calmed down greatly and Syneda opened up finally.
Suzanne Michelle
Aug 16, 2013 Suzanne Michelle rated it it was amazing
Once again Brenda Jackson does it again!!! Love the Maderis Series
Metris
Feb 25, 2014 Metris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it love it love it.... I love me some Clayton Madaris
Kyra Gates
Oct 10, 2013 Kyra Gates rated it it was amazing
Almost brought me to tears. Enjoyed every line.
Erica
May 16, 2012 Erica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book!!!
Dee's Reading nook
Dec 13, 2012 Dee's Reading nook rated it it was amazing
a favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Erika Bonaparte
Jun 03, 2012 Erika Bonaparte rated it it was amazing
Outstanding!
Danielle Taylor
So apparently I am the dissenting opinion on this book because I just really didn't like it. Maybe it's because I am SO TIRED of the "I don't trust anyone, and I don't want love" because fill in the blank here.

Clayton was actually a decent character although absolutely nothing I haven't seen before. Gorgeous, successful and goes from woman to woman never wanting to settle down because he might get bored. Only he's discovered that he is bored with one night stands. He is jaded and looking for so
Jennifer Schultheis
Oct 17, 2014 Jennifer Schultheis rated it it was amazing
Brenda Jackson is one of my go-to authors, this means I will buy anything she puts out! I absolutely love her entire Mardaris Family Novels, and decided to give Eternally Yours a re-read, for the 100th time. I realized I haven't reviewed this book, so I am going to rectify that right now! Eternally Yours, has it all, sexual tension, passion, true love, and a type of family that will leave you envious.

This book revolves around Clayton and Syneda. Both are respected attorneys, but usually have di
Connie
This is an awesome series! I enjoy the love and respect that is demonstrated by the various members of the Madaris family towards each other. Clayton, Justin and Dex's younger brother, believes love and marriage are boring concepts. So he hops from bed to bed, woman to woman. But now that's starting to bore him too. So then, Clayton and his longtime friend, Syneda, take a platonic vacation together and discover that a relationship may not be so bad after all. Or is it?
Joyce Freeman
Dec 13, 2015 Joyce Freeman rated it it was amazing
eternally yours is a great read. I love the main character's sense of values and the friendship that they developed. there's always a strong amount of patience in every Brenda Jackson book. I recommend this book to everyone.
Jeanetta Johnson
Aug 17, 2015 Jeanetta Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Great storyline!! Well written as always.
I loved the paternal aspect and the turnout for Syneda. And how can you not love Clayton for the real man that he was!!
Cherry-Ann
Nov 12, 2014 Cherry-Ann rated it really liked it
Loved it....a real twister at the end. This is truly a "colorless" book...only to the end it was more definitive that the characters were coloured. Wonderful read.
  • Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3)
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • Welcome to Leo's
  • Tempt Me at Midnight
  • Big Girls Don't Cry
  • The Edge of Dawn
  • Sinful Chocolate
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Madaris Family & Friends (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Tonight & Forever
  • Cupid's Bow (Madaris Family & Friends, #1.5)
  • Whispered Promises