Start by marking “Whispered Promises” as Want to Read:
Whispered Promises

Whispered Promises (Madaris Family & Friends #2)

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  672 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Even a once-in-a-lifetime love…

When Halston Parker calls his daughter Caitlin to his deathbed, she's shocked to discover that her ex-husband, Dex Madaris, has been summoned as well. It's been four years since Caitlin felt the heat of Dex's touch, the urgency of his kisses and the promise of an everlasting love that never was. As a flood of bittersweet memories war
Published December 19th 2007 by Harlequin Kimani (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Whispered Promises, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whispered Promises

Another one Bites the dust..Great read indeed.

I have to say though when you don't like a book it is a complete waist of time to write a 2 page review about how you disliked the book,especially out of 200 reviews if you are the only one who disliked it; also spoiling it for everyone else who hasn't read the book, by telling the book in it's entirety. Brenda Jackson writes ROMANCE NOVELS, there will be no shooting, thugs, the hood, or drugs involved, so if this is what you are looking for when rea
Aug 08, 2008 Jazzypom rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: brenda jackson devotees - everyone else, stay away.
Recommended to Jazzypom by: librarian - I truly need to stop listening to her.
From what I gather, this book is a Silhouette reissue - so somewhere, somehow, this family series was popular, and probably launched this writer into some sort of stardom. I ask, how?

So, Caitlin and Dex were married four years ago. The marriage was fraught with challenges. First, Caitlin was 21, Dex 10 years her senior, 2nd, it was a 'whirlwind romance'. Caitlin's father decided to play the guilt card (the book never says how, but I'm thinking Fred from Sanford and Son, hand over heart, face in
T'Laina D.
This book turned out to be rather nice. I did not like the way Caitlin handled Dexter in the beginning and I did not like the way Dexter handled Caitlin either. I was like why even try to be together but they have a common bond. And to me that bond is worth fighting for. Jordan is their common link and as a woman now I see two parents are needed. A WOMAN & A MAN are needed to foster the development of a GREAT individual.
HHHHhhh... It's so beautiful to see another Madaris brother find love again. Caitlin was able to melt the heart of bitter Dex! Interesting to see how one mistake ruined the relationship of these two individuals and in the same breath that same mistake reunited them. I truly enjoyed this story and I can't wait to see Clayton turn in his player card!
So far I am definitely enjoying the Madaris Family series. I was so grateful that Dex come to his senses and realized the error of his ways so that him and his true love Caitlin could finally live together in total and blissful matrimony. Awesome read!
Brenda Jackson has done it again. Dex and I share the same zodiac symbol. So far, Brenda has not let be down. Keep it coming! Her love stories are totally awesome.
I don't really know where to start..... this book was amazing, like all of BRENDA JACKSON novels. Her characters to me are as real as if they were standing before me.
Taz Will
I was so wanting to read about good old Dex and what his problem was. I couldn't believe what Caitlin was hiding from him. Loved it and read it non stop.
Right now I am on about chapter 7. I read some of the review and I completely disagree. I think it is wonderful so far. The little girl Jordan is adorable.
Andrea Bevier-wimbush
I am listening to it now and will edit my review when I am done. to be continued with my review. but don't' worry I will give one. :)
Lady Raven RAVE!
WoW I love this story great romance. She was way young but who cares I love their love. KEEPER KEEPER.

Deana Brim
This is my favorite book by Ms. Jackson! I have read it 100 times!
Love the Madaris series
Celeste Williams
Forgiveness is essential for growth

Caitlin and Dexter story is one where you come to understand the importance of forgiveness and sacrifice. Love truly does not insist in its own way . The story takes you on a journey of what it means to honor and cherish and to forsake all others. What God brings together let no person tear apart
This book's story line is very good but sad. I felt sad & sorry for Caitlin, I can't imagine how it feels to go through what she went through. I loved the scenes with Dex & Jordan. I loved Dex's character & how he protected his wife. I loved the ending. This was a great romance to read & I can't wait to read the next book in this series. Great job Ms. Jackson.

Such a beautiful love story. Dex and Caitlin were priceless in the love that they had for one another. Brenda Jackson did a great job once again showing love can overcome anything. I would recommend this book.
Excellent read! I love how The author took us through an amazing venture of love and forgiveness!
Sweet, surprising read. Dex hasn't seen or talked to Caitlin, his ex-wife, in four years. Now, they have just received some shocking news from her father right before he dies! Mr. Parker never filed their divorce papers and Dex and Caitlin are still married. On top of that, there are some dangerous men who are angry over a land deal and are threatening to harm Caitlin if she doesn't sell the land to them. Will Dex be able to protect Caitlin as well as resolve the issues in their troubled marriag ...more
a lovely read. I would recommend and of Brenda Jackson's books. Im reading the Madaris series, now. I read the Westmoreland series in 2013.
Dex & Caitlin's reconciliation story was a nice twist to the standard "attraction, romance, fight, reconcile" formula. Although all of those stages happened, it seemed to happen in a more circular manner with these two. Also, even though it was great they got back together, the time they spent working out their trust and betrayal issues seemed too quick to build a long lasting relationship.
Sheral Pitt
This is a great romance and I loved the story line. Real love is worth waiting for!! I would have loved to see the highs and lows dramatized a little more.
My first book with the Madaris series. Jumping ahead to Trevor and Corinthians story.
Great story, but I didn't care for added parts of other's relationships at odd times
Jan 19, 2009 Patrice is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I'm forcing myself to read it; follow-up to Tonight and forever
  • You and No Other (Graysons of New Mexico, #2)
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • Very Private Duty
  • The Edge of Midnight
  • Tempt Me at Midnight

Brenda Jackson was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. She got married to Gerald, her high school sweetheart, in 1972 after graduating from high school. She went on to earn a degree in business administration from Jacksonville University, and to expand their family by having two sons, Gerald Jr. and Brando
More about Brenda Jackson...

Madaris Family & Friends (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Tonight & Forever
  • Surrender
  • The Midnight Hour
  • Unfinished Business
  • Slow Burn
Irresistible Forces (Steele Series #5) Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands #1) Thorn's Challenge (The Westmoreland Series) A Little Dare (The Westmoreland Series) Riding The Storm (The Westmoreland Series)