Start by marking “I Want to be a Cowgirl” as Want to Read:
I Want to be a Cowgirl

I Want to be a Cowgirl

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Meet a city girl with a big Wild West dream.

"I don't want to be a good girl-
Good girls have no fun.
I can't play quiet games indoors,
I love the rain and sun.
I don't want to be a girly girl
Who likes to sit and chat.
I just want to be a cowgirl, Daddy,
What's so wrong with that?"

From the window of a high-rise city apartment, a little girl imagines a very different view and drea
Published April 1st 2002 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about I Want to be a Cowgirl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Want to be a Cowgirl

Mary
Great illustrations in this book about a girl who doesn't want to be a girly-girl, but be a cowgirl and have cowgirl experiences. I would have preferred her not to dislike being a bookish schoolgirl, but I could be taking that too seriously!!! It's neat how she uses her imagination to change her surroundings.
Mary
A rhyming picture book about a girl dreaming of leaving the big city to be a cowgirl. With a gentle girl power message, the girl explains to her father why she wants live in the Wild West. I especially like the picture of her holding the Texas sign. Also there's a nice twist at the end.
Courtney
This book is about a young girl who wants to be a cowgirl despite her dads efforts to change her mind. It would be a good book for children to read to show them they should follow their dreams.
Ameer Barron
I Want to be a Cowgirl, by Jeanne Willis is a Fiction Children's Picture book ideal for a Pre-kindergarden read aloud up until about the second grade. In this story we are introduced to a city girl who is tired of her normal boring life and would like to be a cowgirl instead. In this story she challenges the misconception that she has to be a school girl, or girly girl, or even a girl who cooks and cleans. She constantly ask, "whats so wrong with wanting to be a cowgirl." This story is great for ...more
Naomi
Cute story about a girl following her dreams and the persuasiveness to change her city father's mind. Loved the message that it is ok to follow your dreams.
Danelle Spicer
This picture book is about a little girl who lives in the city and just wants to be a cowgirl. She wants to go against the norm and go her own way.
Alejandra Miranda
Jul 21, 2014 Alejandra Miranda marked it as to-read
Megan MacDonald
I know I have thought of other things I would like to be, haven't you!? This book is a great one to show kids that if they use their imagination, they can be anything that they may dream of. This story is about a little girl who lives in the city, but wants to be a cowgirl. She is using her imagination to think of all the things she would do if she was a cowgirl and it is silly and interesting to see what she comes up with. A fun read that could get children thinking about their dreams.
Rjgolden
I Want to be a Cowgirl is a fun book about a little girl growing up in the city who dreams of being a cowgirl. I loved this book because this little girl uses her imagination to make her dreams come true. This would be great to get younger pre-k to k students talking about their dreams.
Kelli
A little girl from the city decides she has had enough of the "good girl" stuff. She wants to be out in the wind and rain, driving the cattle home. She repeatedly asks, "What's so wrong with that?" For those who long to be adventurers.
Mary
This is a really fun, rhyming story about a little girl who wants to be a cowgirl. The pictures are very funny, and the text is short and simple enough for young children to enjoy.
Mandy
Jul 28, 2008 Mandy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: gifts
Adorable.
Christie Robertson
Christie Robertson marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Louise Kemp
Louise Kemp marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
X
X added it
May 30, 2015
Dawn Cho
Dawn Cho marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jeanne Willis was born in St Albans and trained as an advertising copywriter at Watford College. She worked for various agencies creating press adverts and TV, cinema and radio commercials. She is now a full-time writer and has published over 80 books. Her hobbies include gardening, reading (non-fiction), natural history and collecting caterpillars. Jeanne has also worked on scripts for TV, includ ...more
More about Jeanne Willis...
Tadpole's Promise The Bog Baby Shamanka Hippospotamus Never Too Little to Love