Start by marking “Cowgirl Smarts: How to Rope a Kick-Ass Life, Life Lessons from Cowgirls Who Tamed the West” as Want to Read:

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  23 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Cowgirl Smarts will make you want to saddle up, and follow your dreams!

Wild West cowgirls were bodacious and lived amazing lives, almost too fantastic to believe. They bucked all the norms and persevered against tremendous odds to live full and adventurous lives. Cowgirl Smarts identifies the characteristics that made these cowgirls successful at roping more out of life w

Published September 28th 2004 by Cowgirl Smarts (first published September 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Cowgirl Smarts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowgirl Smarts

Amy
Jan 13, 2009 Amy rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
I am confident that Smith's lectures are fun and fascinating, but I felt her book was not very well written. I was itching to edit it, because it has a lot of potential, but falls short of what it could be.

There are some fun stories about cowgirls, and Smith's perspective on the stories seemed very practical and realistic to me, but sometimes the tone wasn't quite right--too colloquial for a book, or too flippant. Somehow, a book that mentions J-Lo just doesn't feel like a book that will remain
Beth
Jul 19, 2013 Beth rated it did not like it
The book was given to my as a present. I enjoyed reading the snippets about the other women.

It seemed like the author was either trying to cheer herself up by writing this book or the book was intended for a younger crowd.

I did not care for the tone of the book as it felt like someone was preaching to me.

Saadiah
Jun 22, 2007 Saadiah rated it really liked it
This entertaining and informative little book presents a range of motivational tips for women in all walks of life, horsey or otherwise, structured around historical accounts of the 'kick-ass' lives of real cowgirls. Good fun.
Diane
Jun 05, 2008 Diane rated it it was ok
There are some stories about women in the old west and how they made their money and succeeded. I read this because John's niece sent it to us for Christmas. And I knew that John would not.
Claudine
Jul 04, 2009 Claudine rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me as a Christmas present, I have only started reading it, so far so good...I defenitely want to rope myself a kick-ass life!! :)
great coffee table book or bathroom reading material!
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2015
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
OnceUpon
OnceUpon is currently reading it
Aug 20, 2015
Darlene Robinson
Darlene Robinson rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Becky Kernan
Becky Kernan marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Meredith
Meredith marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Lois
Lois rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2014
Ruby
Ruby marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Kate Zimmerman
Kate Zimmerman rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2014
Katie Kneisley
Katie Kneisley rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2013
Linda Dutch
Linda Dutch rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2013
Mindy
Mindy rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2013
Liz Richardson
Liz Richardson marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2013
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2012
Nina S.
Nina S. is currently reading it
May 28, 2012
Joelle
Joelle marked it as to-read
May 24, 2012
Teresa
Teresa added it
Dec 13, 2011
kmc
kmc rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2011
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2011
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2011
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2011