Start by marking “Monster Blood II (Goosebumps, #18)” as Want to Read:
Monster Blood II (Goosebumps, #18)

Monster Blood II (Goosebumps #18)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  4,716 ratings  ·  82 reviews
IT'S BAAACK...

Evan Ross can't stop thinking about Monster Blood and what happened last summer. It was so horrible. So terrifying. Too bad Evan's science teacher doesn't believe him. Now he's stuck cleaning out the hamster's cage as punishment for making up stories.
Then Evan's friend Andy comes to town, and things go from bad to worse. Because Andy's got a present for Evan.
Published 1994 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Monster Blood II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monster Blood II

Night of the Living Dummy by R.L. StineSay Cheese and Die! by R.L. StineWelcome to Dead House by R.L. StineOne Day at Horrorland by R.L. StineThe Ghost Next Door by R.L. Stine
The Best of Goosebumps
30th out of 52 books — 165 voters
Don't Go To Sleep! by R.L. StineMoonlight Secrets by R.L. StineHow I Learned To Fly by R.L. StineMidnight Games by R.L. StineThe Confession by R.L. Stine
R.L. Stine
61st out of 114 books — 41 voters

More lists with this book...

Carmen
Sep 27, 2014 Carmen rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No One
Shelves: children, fiction, horror
This book was just silly. Even for a Goosebumps book - and that's saying a lot.

Evan, the main character, is a FLIPPIN' MORON. Really, really, deeply stupid. I mean, I couldn't even believe how stupid the character was.

He tells everyone in his school about Monster Blood. What it did (turned his dog gigantic when he ate some) and insisting that it's real. Yeah, that's going to make you a lot of new friends at your new school, bub. What an idiot.

And there's a bully that always picks on Evan. One of
Andrew
May 01, 2012 Andrew rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Children of the 90s who haven't read them yet
Recommended to Andrew by: I don't remember.
Much better than the first one. Evan has moved to Atlanta, GA with his parents and is not the most popular kid in school, and on top of also being the new kid, he's an easy target. He decided to tell them about the Monster Blood and naturally they didn't believe him.

The fiasco with the said blood has been giving Evan nightmares. His dog growing outrageously large as well as his father. The way the teachers are to daft to decipher which are the bullies and which are the victims reminds me of how
David Santos
From now on I will read these (part) books at the same time, because reading other books while you wait or the next part kills the thrills and excitement. Anyways. I just love the Andy character and was so glad to see her back for this book. She's just so....wait I better not say anymore shes only 13 I think! The book starts off in a way I absolutely hate books having at the beginning...or in any part. This book does it twice at the start! Very annoying. Other than that the Monster Blood isn't u ...more
Danny
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Redfox5
Reader beware you're in for a scare!

I'm gonna read like it's 1994! I was 6 when I first started these books, borrowed 'Night Of The Living Dummy' from one of my friends and I was hooked from there. I read them all through the 90's and loved them. I only stopped when the 'Goosebumps 2000' series came out but I'm not sure if that's because they were rubbish or I was just getting older and had started to lose interest.

Another one I don't remember reading! I remember having loads though. This is a
Joey the J in R.J. Spindle
Yay! I have eagerly been awaiting this read. It's the first of the Monster Blood sequels, and I am THRILLED to learn we're still following Evan! I love continuing storylines, and I'm glad to be back with a character I previously connected well with.

Read more chapter-by-chapter commentary at R. J. Spindle
Cara
Evan is a pretty stupid kid. He had an unbelievable experience with Monster Blood the first time around, and he's surprised that nobody believes him. And then he keeps trying to get people to believe him, which results in everyone making fun of him and him having an overall bad time. I feel kind of bad to root against a middle schooler, but I couldn't even bring myself to pity him.
Ica Surjo
Coba bayangkan hamster yang imut dan mungil itu berubah besar jadi tiga kali tubuh manusia dewasa gara-gara makan 'darah monster' (mainan anak-anak yang sudah kadaluarsa, kenyal seperti jel berwarna hijau tapi bisa membal). Efek hanya sementara, setelah itu hamster berubah kecil lagi. Hahaha, aneh memang, tapi yang lebih aneh lagi saya dulu beli sambungan darah moster dari 1-3 -_-'
Freshy
lame...i enjoyed the first monster blood more.
JJ
Sep 28, 2007 JJ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: R.L. Stine Fans
Shelves: goosebumps
a good sequel to the first one.
Jay
I wasn't a big fan of the first Monster Blood. It was okay but it felt a bit flat to me. I reall don't understand why they made a sequel of it. One Day at Horrorland and Welcome to Camp Nightmare are much better ideas for sequels. Unfortunately, they went with Monster Blood II and it is worse than the first.

It's a story about bullying. Evan is still an idiot who falls for the same tricks over and over and over agan. Then Andy shows up with Monster Blood and the "fun" begins. But there isn't any
Marianna H
This book Monster Blood 2 was terrifying. The strengths of the book was that a character was brave to save the character’s school of a giant hamster. The weakness of the book is that two characters failed to hide of what they needed to find. I would recommend this book to a classmate because I think that they would like to be scared of books that are named Goosebumps. If the book was part of a series I would read them.
Willow Eira
There's my childhood right there ... oh the nostalgia ... I have the biggest urge to read them all again regardless of my current age :P. Most awesome book series of my generation ... and not surprisingly the most stolen books from my school library ... thankfully I was so addicted I had my own private collection, bought with ever cent of my pocket money haha.
Kayla Mcminn
Read the goosebumps books and collected them at 10. I use to love them as they were a simple easy read, read multiple books a day.
R.L.Stine was my favourite author and I am currently reading his new book 'Red Rain' some years later. Such great childrens books.
Amanda Sheila
I'm adding this book to the collection of Goosebumps! I think there are another books here somewhere, I just need to search it more thoroughly..

This book is, as usual, fun to read and quite charming. I enjoyed it, just not my favorite. :)
Shawn Toderico
Well this book wasn't realistic. This book is about Evan moving to Atlanta, Georgia. He has to go to a new school. He really hates his teacher, Mr. Murphy. He gets in trouble all the time. Mr. Murphy's class has a pet. A hamster named Cuddles. Evan and Andrea have a plan to get back at Mr. Murphy. Guess what it is?? MONSTER BLOOD!! During the night, they sneak in Mr. Murphy's classroom and gave Cuddles some monster blood to eat. He grows huge and goes on a rampage. In the of course he returns to ...more
Iris Gamino
Kevin Bachovchin
I used to love the Goosebumps book as kid! My favorite were the Monster Blood series and the Night for the Living Dummy series.
Kristi Handayani
Keren! lanjutan dari darah monster 1. Semoga darah monster yang dibeli di Jerman tidak ada mantranya :)
Seamus
this was a very interesting scary book when i read it in 4th grade
Glenn
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

I may be wrong about this, but I thought that the Monster Blood started growing when Sarabeth cast a spell on it and that it went back to normal when the spell was broken. I don't understand how it's still apparently growing now, and why Evan and Andy are still dumb enough to fool around with it. Nonetheless, this is a funny little story involving a giant hamster (pretty original). Not really scary and terrifying, but kids should get a kick ou
Wing Kit
I guess things that you really don't want coming back tend to come back anyway, especially for Evan and the monster blood. It has returned to haunt him now during his daily life in school. The looks of this blood may be nasty but it has a tremendous effect after you eat it. For humans, it may enlarge your size but for other living creatures... you become a large, vicious monster. This book wasn't that scary for me but for Evan, it was a nightmare having to deal with large problems. A liquid that ...more
Rute
Not my favourite Goosembumps book. It's not bad. I just didn't like it as much as the other ones.
Noelle Walsh
This was a good book. I remember it giving me the creeps as a kid. I enjoyed reading it. It will certainly give chills if read during a storm with the power gone.
Brooke
Jul 05, 2014 Brooke is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so exited to read it for the first time!!! : - )

How do I put it on my book self
Drucilla
This is a great sequel to the original Monster Blood. The characters and story are all consistent with the previous book and the climax is great. My only problem is that (view spoiler) So that's a small plot hole, but the story's great nonetheless.
Not all that good, who else thinks so 3 11 Jan 16, 2015 03:46PM
  • The Discovery (Animorphs, #20)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)