Start by marking “My Dinosaur” as Want to Read:
My Dinosaur

My Dinosaur

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Every night a little girl waits by her window for her friend the dinosaur, and when he comes, they play in the woods all night until the sun comes up.
Published March 1st 1997 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about My Dinosaur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Dinosaur

May 18, 2009 Kathryn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kathryn by: Chandra--thank you, thank you!
What a sweet, beautifully illustrated story! The text is lyrical and magical--the illustrations are realistic yet, as the illustrator says, "made with pixie dust" ;-> This is a love story about the imagination and big heart of a child. Tremendous!
For kindergarten and first grade writiers, this is a wonderful story for writers workshop. The children could write about where there dionsaur will take them in their dreams. Younger chilren can retell the story with them as the main character. I stop before the end of story and ask what they think might happen. The illustrations are so life like, you may not want to read the words on the pages at first. Have the children tell you what is happening in the story.
Lisa Vegan
May 01, 2009 Lisa Vegan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all young children, especially girls who love dinosaurs
Recommended to Lisa by: Chandra
The pictures are gorgeous and very unusual and appealing. I can’t help thinking the young girl depicted in the pictures is a real girl in the author-illustrator’s life, in part because she appears on the dedication page, and also because, despite the not completely realistic style of art, she looks so much like a real little girl.

This story kept making me smile and the final page gave me a chuckle and for me elevated the book from four to five stars. It’s a sweet, not a scary story.

The events
Beautiful illustrations! This is a sweet story full of imagination.
What kid doesn't dream of having a dinosaur friend? I wasn't a big fan of the distracting typeface, but it's always refreshing to see, as another reviewer noted, a dinosaur book starring a girl. Girls like dinos too!
I like how the dinosaur is kind of blurry through most of the book and the little girl is starkly clear except for the times when she is with the dinosaur. Great little quick read before bedtime.
A young girl and her dinosaur wait for night to adventure into the forest.
A great work of the magical imagination of children! Loved it.
Jul 03, 2009 Lee marked it as to-read
Recommended to Lee by: Lisa Vegan and Chandra
Shelves: picture-books
For Bedtime.
Aiyah marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
WCNS added it
May 27, 2015
Amanda Tyler
Amanda Tyler marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015