Start by marking “Trail Guide to the Body : How to Locate Muscles, Bones & More!” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Trail Guide to the Bod...

Andrew R. Biel

Trail Guide to the Body : How to Locate Muscles, Bones & More!

4.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  351 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
NEW Third Edition!
This acclaimed book teaches readers to palpate the body's structures with ease and precision. The beautifully illustrated, user-friendly guide to the muscular and skeletal systems makes learning the necessary bodywork skills interesting, memorable and easy. With 420 pages and 1,100 illustrations, this 3rd edition covers more than 125 muscles, 206 bones,
Published January 1st 2001 by Books of Discovery (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Trail Guide to the Body , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trail Guide to the Body

Kathleen
Aug 25, 2013 Kathleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: massage
This book has helped me through school & being a massage therapist. Wonderful book.
Rospoicha
Aug 06, 2008 Rospoicha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
a really useful book for massage students.
comprehensive
clear instructions and formatting make locating muscles easy.
weird premise--a "hike" through the body with different "trail guides" but beyond the schtick, it's really fascinating to start palpating yourself and others just following the steps outlined
Foxthyme
Oct 26, 2011 Foxthyme rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health, physio
This book is indispensable to me. I think I've looked up the ankle ligaments alone about a billion times as I have an ankle ligament mental block. If you want to know how to landmark and find all the muscles bones and fascia in the body, this book book takes you on the up close tour of the body.
Susan
Aug 04, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
heh, heh, heh...
Ruth
May 29, 2015 Ruth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of my textbooks in massage school. I had to repeat the class twice and then ended up failing the licensing excam, so I don't really have good memories of this book. Many other people got 100s on their exams, so I guess it was user error and not the book's fault. Also the teacher was a massive douche bro.
Rachel
Mar 04, 2016 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful and informative guide. Highly recommended.
Amelia S.
May 02, 2015 Amelia S. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best anatomy book I have read so far. If you are in a movement or hands on field this book is awesome. I wish that we would have had this book in my college anatomy labs because it made it simple to locate and remember all of the muscles. I have a deeper understanding of skeletal and muscular anatomy then ever before. YES YES YES
Christina
Oct 01, 2013 Christina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. The images were so helpful, it included extra information. Palpation directions to isolate the muscle. Movement diagrams. Great book to learn the muscles. I used this for my Massage school and I again used it to supplement my PTA anatomy book.
Jeri Lane
Mar 27, 2012 Jeri Lane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a massage therapist, and this book is my constant reference point during my harder rehabilitative clientele base. Its so simple and informative. The pictures tell you everything you need to know. Great book for the shelf.
Faft
great illustrations. is an awesome resource for studying anatomy. i wouldn't have wanted to do it without this book. the study guide also very good, but necessary.
Jen Helfand
Feb 19, 2013 Jen Helfand rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is incredible! An endless resource! It is also embodied anatomy, which makes space for our own different bodies and knowledges tied to them
Cheryl
Sep 18, 2008 Cheryl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EXCELLENT book of anatomy and explanations for finding various muscles are clear to understand and easy to follow
Dale
Aug 06, 2008 Dale rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good book for anyone with an interest in the muscles of the body. Good illustrations, concise.
Robin
Oct 21, 2008 Robin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: at-home, school
Awsome pictures and discription.. This is a wonderful refernce book for anatomy and physiology.
Helen
Oct 29, 2014 Helen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: massage-study, owned
This may never come off my Currently Reading shelf. It is an invaluable resource
Kim
May 15, 2011 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Used to teach kinesiology out of this book. Awesome
Laree Draper
Fabulous, especially for those of us late to anatomy.
Seraphina
Nov 07, 2009 Seraphina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my most favorite books from massage school
Janice
Jul 15, 2010 Janice is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I love this book! Reference it often.
Kellie
Valerie
Nov 07, 2012 Valerie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really, really good
Molly Mohr
Molly Mohr rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Josiah Whitesell
Josiah Whitesell marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
carissa
carissa rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2016
Leslie
Leslie rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2016
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Bruce Jackson
Bruce Jackson marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Stan
Stan marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Chinese Approach To Digestive Health 1 1 Feb 02, 2015 12:56AM
Eggs: An Excellent Source Of Omega-3 Oils For Better Health 1 1 Jan 23, 2015 01:34AM
Chinese Approach To Digestive Health 1 1 Dec 30, 2014 01:45AM
Stable restoration of the sarcoglycan 1 1 Dec 27, 2014 01:44AM
Weight Loss: Weight Loss Camp Solution For Obese Teens 1 1 Dec 26, 2014 03:28AM
  • Anatomy Trains: Myofascial Meridians for Manual and Movement Therapists
  • A Massage Therapist's Guide to Pathology
  • Anatomy of Movement
  • Job's Body: A Handbook for Bodywork
  • A Tooth from the Tiger's Mouth: How to Treat Your Injuries with Powerful Healing Secrets of the Great Chinese Warrior
  • The Anatomy Coloring Book
  • Staying Healthy with the Seasons: 21st-Century Edition
  • Clinically Oriented Anatomy
  • Between Heaven and Earth
  • Physical Examination of the Spine and Extremities
  • The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook: Your Self-Treatment Guide for Pain Relief
  • Acupressure's Potent Points: A Guide to Self-Care for Common Ailments
  • The Yellow Emperor's Classic of Medicine: A New Translation of the Neijing Suwen with Commentary
  • Travell & Simons' Myofascial Pain and Dysfunction: The Trigger Point Manual: Two Volume Set: Second Edition/Volume 1 and First Edition/Volume 2
  • The Foundations of Chinese Medicine: A Comprehensive Text for Acupuncturists and Herbalists
  • Massage Therapy: Principles and Practice
  • Anatomy of Hatha Yoga: A Manual for Students, Teachers, and Practitioners
  • The Breathing Book: Good Health and Vitality Through Essential Breath Work
Hi, my name is Andrew Biel. I'm the author of Trail Guide to the Body, the award-winning book that has taught thousands of healthcare providers about musculoskeletal anatomy and palpation.

Why "Trail Guide to the Body" as a title? In preparation for any journey, it helps that you know the lay of the land. I want the reader to be able to manually map, navigate and gain their bearings on the human b
More about Andrew R. Biel...