Start by marking “Pocket Babies: And Other Amazing Marsupials” as Want to Read:
Pocket Babies: And Other Amazing Marsupials

Pocket Babies: And Other Amazing Marsupials

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  25 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Kangaroos, koalas, and opossums, oh my! Most marsupials live in Australia, but a few are here in the U.S. Find out how these fascinating and unusual other mammals evolved and live.
Published September 1st 2007 by Darby Creek Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Pocket Babies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pocket Babies

Sarah Bringhurst
Aug 24, 2012 Sarah Bringhurst rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zoology, children-s
My librarian found this for me in the children's section when I asked for books about sugar gliders. It devotes a couple of pages to sugar gliders, but the subject of the book is marsupials in general. I didn't know that much about them, so I found it fascinating. I am now even more delighted to have a pair of adorable marsupials living in my house. But I also appreciated learning more about some of their relatives. For example, did you know that wombat droppings, once dried, are the perfect siz ...more
Gerry Hine
Feb 18, 2009 Gerry Hine rated it liked it
When is a bear not a bear? When it is a Koala bear. Koala is a marsupial. Geography, facts, geographic/natural history back to pre history, this book leads children into thinking about animals completely different than any they have been exposed to before. Children also explore the native environment of these animals and discover what factors nature played in their developement. The exploration of the history of the world through the discussion of Continental drift was my favorite part.
Pam
Apr 14, 2013 Pam rated it really liked it
This will answer every question one could have about marsupials, including distinguishing them from the other two categories of mammals (did you know there are three categories of mammals?). More of a reference book with the amount of text included but some children will likely enjoy reading it cover to cover! Photographs, maps, charts all add to the information contained inside.
Lili Martin
May 02, 2011 Lili Martin rated it liked it
I loved the book Pocket Babies! It holds so much info about different animals from all around the world. My fav. part about this book was the baby . They were so cute. I'm not going to say any of the info. i learned so if you want to learn more read this book!
Carol
Feb 28, 2008 Carol rated it it was amazing
A nonfiction book about Marsupials! Includes the New World Virginia Opossum and everything from the adorable Sugar Glider to the moody Tasmanian Devil. Lovely photographs make the "marsups" come alive. Did you know Wombats have cube-shaped poop?!! Wow!
Amy
This one was a little more advanced than H's level but she really enjoyed some of the random facts. (and of course the photos)
Beverly
Mar 13, 2012 Beverly rated it really liked it
Shelves: j-nonfiction
all kinds of fascinating facts about different marsupials; with great photographs
Traci Bold
Traci Bold rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2016
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Kyle Taylor
Kyle Taylor is currently reading it
Mar 06, 2016
Jayden Mahoney
Jayden Mahoney rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Ellen
Ellen rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Kayla Warden
Kayla Warden is currently reading it
Oct 13, 2015
Jane
Jane added it
Mar 30, 2015
Tanley Mcmullan
Tanley Mcmullan rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2015
Olivia Ludi
Olivia Ludi rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2015
Christie Angleton
Christie Angleton rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Mckenzie
Mckenzie rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2015
Brandielle
Brandielle rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2014
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Andrea
Andrea added it
Apr 29, 2014
Alicia Ouellette
Alicia Ouellette marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Fernando Morales
Fernando Morales marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Hilly Bear
Hilly Bear rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2013
Radhika
Radhika rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2012
Vincent Capra
Vincent Capra marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2012
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2012
Sneed B. Collard III is a biologist, world traveler, speaker, and author of more than forty books for young people, including Flash Point, Dog Sense, and Double Eagle. Collard holds degrees from the University of California at Berkeley. He lives in Montana.
More about Sneed B. Collard III...