Start by marking “Pocket Babies: And Other Amazing Marsupials” as Want to Read:
Pocket Babies: And Other Amazing Marsupials

Pocket Babies: And Other Amazing Marsupials

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Kangaroos, koalas, and opossums, oh my! Most marsupials live in Australia, but a few are here in the U.S. Find out how these fascinating and unusual other mammals evolved and live.
Published September 1st 2007 by Darby Creek Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Pocket Babies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pocket Babies

Sarah Bringhurst
My librarian found this for me in the children's section when I asked for books about sugar gliders. It devotes a couple of pages to sugar gliders, but the subject of the book is marsupials in general. I didn't know that much about them, so I found it fascinating. I am now even more delighted to have a pair of adorable marsupials living in my house. But I also appreciated learning more about some of their relatives. For example, did you know that wombat droppings, once dried, are the perfect siz...more
Gerry Hine
When is a bear not a bear? When it is a Koala bear. Koala is a marsupial. Geography, facts, geographic/natural history back to pre history, this book leads children into thinking about animals completely different than any they have been exposed to before. Children also explore the native environment of these animals and discover what factors nature played in their developement. The exploration of the history of the world through the discussion of Continental drift was my favorite part.
Pam
This will answer every question one could have about marsupials, including distinguishing them from the other two categories of mammals (did you know there are three categories of mammals?). More of a reference book with the amount of text included but some children will likely enjoy reading it cover to cover! Photographs, maps, charts all add to the information contained inside.
Lili Martin
I loved the book Pocket Babies! It holds so much info about different animals from all around the world. My fav. part about this book was the baby . They were so cute. I'm not going to say any of the info. i learned so if you want to learn more read this book!
Carol
A nonfiction book about Marsupials! Includes the New World Virginia Opossum and everything from the adorable Sugar Glider to the moody Tasmanian Devil. Lovely photographs make the "marsups" come alive. Did you know Wombats have cube-shaped poop?!! Wow!
Amy
This one was a little more advanced than H's level but she really enjoyed some of the random facts. (and of course the photos)
Beverly
all kinds of fascinating facts about different marsupials; with great photographs
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Andrea
Andrea added it
Apr 29, 2014
Alicia Ouellette
Alicia Ouellette marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Fernando Morales
Fernando Morales marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Janet Young
Janet Young marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2013
Vincent Capra
Vincent Capra marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2012
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2012
Amanda
Amanda added it
Nov 15, 2012
Amber
Amber added it
Nov 20, 2012
Jenny Russell
Jenny Russell marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2011
Daphne
Daphne marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2011
Sneed B. Collard III is a biologist, world traveler, speaker, and author of more than forty books for young people, including Flash Point, Dog Sense, and Double Eagle. Collard holds degrees from the University of California at Berkeley. He lives in Montana.
More about Sneed B. Collard III...
Double Eagle Dog Sense Animal Dads Flash Point The Governor's Dog is Missing (Slate Stephens Mysteries, #1)