Start by marking “Captain America: The Bloodstone Hunt” as Want to Read:
Captain America: The Bloodstone Hunt

Captain America: The Bloodstone Hunt (Captain America Marvel Comics)

Reprints Captain America #357-364
Published July 1st 1993 by Marvel Comics Group

To ask other readers questions about Captain America, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain America

Captain America by Ed BrubakerCaptain America by Ed BrubakerCaptain America by Ed BrubakerCaptain America by Ed BrubakerCaptain America by Ed Brubaker
Best of Captain America!
20th out of 82 books — 29 voters
The Infinity Gauntlet by Jim StarlinAstonishing X-Men, Volume 1 by Joss WhedonX-Men by Chris ClaremontMarvels by Kurt BusiekX-Men by Chris Claremont
Best of Marvel Comics
244th out of 429 books — 137 voters

More lists with this book...

Jeff
Sep 02, 2016 Jeff rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix
The anatomy of a review.

Let’s start at five stars and see where it takes us.

Minus two stars – Diamondback – arguably the worst Captain America sidekick ever. Worse than retro-Bucky (“Hey, Cap! I can’t wait to get to Berlin and kick Der Furher in the can!”), the Nomads, faux-Bucky Rick Jones, Rikki Barnes, and even the man-hatin’ Free Spirit.

Yes, they’re on to you, Diamondback. Again and again and again….

She’s a former Serpent Society mook and she has some combat skillz, but going into battle in
Paul Nash
Jun 15, 2016 Paul Nash rated it really liked it
Captain America and Spiderman were always my 2 favorites from Marvel, (Batman for DC).

I loved this Cpt America series when I was younger. Along with almost anything else put out about him.

I don't collect comics like I used to. But I will still buy some old Cap comics (the best IMO) and I'll get some of my favorite graphic novels and series in one collection.

If you like Cap, I think you'll like this one!
4-Stars
Jean-Pierre Vidrine
Apr 09, 2012 Jean-Pierre Vidrine rated it really liked it
This is the kind of super hero story we don't see too much of anymore. It's just a rollicking adventure that doesn't contribute in too major a way to continuity, nor do you need to know decades of continuity to understand it. Knowing a little bit helps, though. I certainly wouldn't have gotten so giddy at the skeleton in the box had I not know one obscure bit of Marvel continuity. I've got this soft spot for obscure characters from bygone eras.
This is a moment captured from an era of Captain Ame
Devero
Oct 24, 2014 Devero rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Capitan Indiana potrebbe essere il sottotitolo di questa gran bella avventura, scritta dal compianto Gruenwald e disegnata dall'allora figlio acquisito di John Byrne, Kieron Dwyer. Una lunga avventura che vede opposti a Cap e alla sua quasi fidanzata dell'epoca, la criminale Diamante, prima Batroc e i suoi soci, assoldati da Zemo, e poi Crossbones, al soldo del Teschio Rosso. Il tutto alla ricerca della pietra di sangue, passando per i sotterranei di New York, la foresta amazzonica, il fondo del ...more
Joseph Zurat
Oct 20, 2013 Joseph Zurat rated it liked it
Shelves: comic
I liked this story. Reading it gave me enjoyment, but there really wasn't much to it. It was a fun globe-trotting romp that has some internal inconsistencies (that other reviewers have pointed out). It is probably worth reading as a part of the Gruenwald saga, but it probably isn't really worth seeking outside of that. Like cotton candy, it is fluffy but ultimately empty.
Trey
Dec 10, 2010 Trey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Christopher Mcgurr
Jul 27, 2011 Christopher Mcgurr rated it really liked it
It's like captain America in an Indiana jones story. Pretty swift read that is pure fun and doesn't get bogged down with unnecessary details. Plus you get the introduction of the cool villain crossbones. The story is good and the art delivers.
Franklyn Kornn
This is a good book for the students to read, even though it is a comic book it will still be a good tool to help get students that are not very interested in reading to star reading. Once they have developed a liking for reading then you can transition to other kinds of books.
Melissa
Jun 26, 2014 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Nice adventure tale with echoes of the Lee/Kirby Era. Definitely influenced by Indiana Jones. Refreshing to see Cap as an adventurer and not just a soldier.
Brian
May 09, 2014 Brian rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Not terrible as far as older comic book storylines go, but the dialogue and excessive thought bubbles definitely show the book's age.
Matthew Dement
Matthew Dement rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2012
Eric
Eric rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2015
Fabio Dexter
Fabio Dexter rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Bookwraiths
Bookwraiths rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2012
Dennis G
Dennis G rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2011
Derek
Derek rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2014
Furryisme
Furryisme rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2014
Joshua
Joshua rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Michael Gordon
Michael Gordon rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Meg
Meg rated it it was ok
Sep 01, 2014
George
George rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Bloodman
Bloodman rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2011
Jerry Whitworth
Jerry Whitworth rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2012
Derek Miron
Derek Miron rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2014
Austin
Austin rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2014
Sonic
Feb 10, 2011 Sonic rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not going to finish ... sub par artwork and weak-ass writing.
Ricardo López
Ricardo López rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2016
Rebecca Timberlake
Rebecca Timberlake rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
f
f rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

Captain America Marvel Comics (1 - 10 of 123 books)
  • Marvel Masterworks: Captain America, Vol. 1