Start by marking “Say You Love Me” as Want to Read:
Say You Love Me

Say You Love Me

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  146 ratings  ·  15 reviews
SHE LEFT IT ALL BEHIND

Jacie Calhoun could have become the mistress of a Georgia plantation, married to a man who worshipped her. Instead she was driven to know the truth about her mother. Was she really alive --- and a captive of the Comanche?

HE WANTED ONLY WHAT WAS BEST FOR HIS PEOPLE

Luke Howling Wolf didn't want to lose his beloved adopted mother Sunstar, and his tribe n...more
Published May 28th 1995 by Harpercollins (first published May 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Say You Love Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Say You Love Me

Missy Jane
This is a good historical romance with a sensual touch, not too steamy. I did think the heroine came off as a little selfish, considering how much Michael loved her. I'm just glad it looked like everyone might have a happy ending. Some of the passages seemed a little too poetic to me, but that's just my taste. It actually kicked me out of the story in a couple of spots, including a few words the author used that I would've had to grab a thesaurus for if I really wanted to know what they meant. L...more
Heather
Iris and Violet are twins. But Iris is beautiful, smart, talented and wanted by most men while Violet has a plain face, a hooked nose, no talent and her husband, the love of her life, is in love with Iris. While on the trail while both are pregnant, Violet has a still birth and three days later her perfect twin, with her perfect hausband and perfect four sons, has a beautiful baby girl that she names Jacie. Violet finally has had enough and tells her sister how she really feels and that she desp...more
Lola4
I'm not sure if I enjoyed this book so much because it was really good or if it was because the last book I read was so horrible that this one felt like a breath of spring in comparison. Nevertheless, I liked the characters, the story, and the author's style, and found it provided me with a very entertaining night's reading. I liked it enough to overlook the author's occasionally forgetting which evil mother was named Olivia and which one was Verena. Even so, I would have rated this book 5-stars...more
Beth Martin
Oh romance novel, y u so crazy? Y u so cliche? Y u so racist ? Hagan's historical romance novel Say You Love Me is one of those books that doesn't make any sense until you realize it was published in the 1990's, during the revival of the bodice-rippers and even less racial awareness than nowadays. It's also one of those books which makes you despair for the world in general.

The Heroine: Jacie (Jacinth) deserves to be punched in the face. Repeatedly. She's so understanding of others, but only whe...more
Heather
Aug 30, 2013 Heather rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Highland-dreamer
Pat Holt
Fantastic book!!!

Fantastic book!!!

This is the a beautiful story of love in the historic time of the West and Indians and true love. Of how a young woman searches for her Mother and finds unexpected love.
Drucilla
Apr 01, 2014 Drucilla rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: h
Your typical cliched 90s historical romance. The main couple hardly spent any time together and yet they fell in love. Her civilized fiance flip-flops in his characterization and many of the characters are caricatures. A waste of my time.
Betty
I didn't care for this one. It was predictable from start to finish. Nothing surprised me.
Teresa Bennett
Could not put this down. It was really good. So glad Luke got the girl. I was really worried .

Lynelle Clark
Thank you to the Author of Say You Love me for sharing the story.
I enjoyed every page and could not put it down.
All the characters played a part to create a master piece.
A sequel would make it complete.
Sharon
I really enjoyed this book except the ending seemed to rushed. After the intensity of the story, it seems the ending of the book was to quick and blunt. I would have liked to seen an epilogue.
Jackie M
I would have liked this book more if the ending would have been better. It felt rushed and just ended. I would of liked to have seen at least an epilogue.
Stacy
Loved it! It is a bit predictable, but has some very exciting twists and turns. Several times I could not put it down!
Kbee
Great read ended to quick!
Sheri Bishop
Sheri Bishop marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Achu V. stephanie
Achu V. stephanie marked it as to-read
Marlie Bridges
Marlie Bridges marked it as to-read
Netje Misty en kenzi
Netje Misty en kenzi marked it as to-read
Karen  Boruff
Karen Boruff marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Natasha Gough
Natasha Gough marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Cyndi Dorsey
Cyndi Dorsey marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Sep 21, 2014
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
  • Untamed (Wild Women, #1)
  • Savage Destiny (The Hearts Of Liberty, #1)
  • Texas Lily
  • Beyond the Horizon (Horizon Set, #1)
  • Fireblossom
  • California Caress
  • T'on Ma
  • Lakota Surrender
  • Another Dawn
  • An Unmistakable Rogue (Rogues Club, #3)
  • Shades of Honor (Grayson Brothers, #1)
  • A Knight's Reward (Knight's, #2)
  • Sweet Prairie Passion (Savage Destiny, #1)
Aka Patricia Hagan Howell.
Aka Maggie James

Pat is the published author of over forty books of romantic fiction. Several of her titles have appeared on the New York Times Bestseller list. One of her books, "Ocean of Dreams", is based on her own shipboard romance when she met her former husband, a Norwegian engineer.

She is also a former Radio/TV Motorsports Journalist, covering NASCAR Grand National...more
More about Patricia Hagan...
Love and War (Coltrane, #1) Final Justice Simply Heaven The Raging Hearts (Coltrane, #2) Orchids in Moonlight