Start by marking “Uncle Bob's Red Flannel Bible Camp - From Eden to the Ark” as Want to Read:
Uncle Bob's Red Flannel Bible Camp - From Eden to the Ark

Uncle Bob's Red Flannel Bible Camp - From Eden to the Ark

Have you EVER sat down and tried to actually READ the Holy Bible?

All of those thou-shalt-nots and yea-verilies and don't you DARE get me started on all of that begatting business!

That all changed the day that Uncle Bob caught me trying to skip out on Sunday School. He sat me down and he told me the whole entire story - from Eden to the Ark - in a way that made total perfec
Published March 1st 2014 by Stark Raven Press

Be the first to ask a question about Uncle Bob's Red Flannel Bible Camp - From Eden to the Ark

Cherei
Oct 23, 2016 Cherei rated it it was amazing
Noah and what's her name?

The title was intriguing, 'Uncle Bob's Red Flannel Bible Camp - From Eden to the Ark'... I went ahead and got the book. Oh my goodness! I only meant to read the first few paragraphs and before I knew it.. I'd finished the entire book in one sitting!

An adorable story about a little boy who's just had enough of Sunday school. He goes to school for five days and doesn't understand or have the desire to sit through one more day of "school". As he's playing hookie his Uncle
Janet Sketchley
Sep 08, 2014 Janet Sketchley rated it really liked it
Shelves: general-fiction
Uncle Bob is the red-flannel-shirt-wearing narrator, telling his nephew about the action running through what the youngster thinks of as a dry book. (Bob nabs the lad escaping from Sunday School.)Uncle Bob promises:
The Bible is full of battles and death-defying escapes and lions and even a dragon or two. There is war and there are heroes and there is more special effects than you could shake a star cruiser at. [Introduction]

I picture Uncle Bob as a cross between Red Green and Bill Cosby's Noah r
Steve Vernon
Mar 04, 2014 Steve Vernon added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Okay – so I am a little nervous releasing this sort of a book considering I have made my bones thirty-five years as a writer of horror fiction and ghost stories – but dang it, I have ALWAYS loved the old Bible Stories and at the heart of it that’s what I am – is an honest to goodness storyteller.

So here goes nothing.

Let me tell you about this book.

The book is called Uncle Bob’s Red Flannel Bible Camp: From Eden To The Ark and it is told in the voice of my Uncle Bob – a raconteur of the old schoo
Wanda Hartzenberg
Apr 12, 2015 Wanda Hartzenberg rated it really liked it
Having read other books by this author I was a bit worried about how he would handle this!
My worst fear was not realized but my second, third and fourth fear was.
Meet God. He only needs a smoke break on the third day of creation.
He is obviously not a chain smoker. Lol.

Then all the smiting and begetting...oh my.

On the ark, one of the sons wanted to have the ark painted in candy floss pink.

This above is the general tone of the stories. Mostly chronologically correct and loosely sticking to th
Ronni
Mar 21, 2014 Ronni rated it it was amazing
OMG! Laughed till I cried throughout! Took me a while to finish it today (short book) because I couldn't keep the tears out of my eyes to see the words! Genesis in the words of an ole country man with a knack for storytelling. I would love to have an Uncle Bob :) I think Steve Vernon might just have a red flannel shirt hidden in the back of his closet ;) I can't say enough about this gut busting easy to understand (if your from the country anyway) bible story.. I look forward to reading more ...more
Daniel
Mar 29, 2015 Daniel rated it it was amazing
Just the right book to read on Palm Sunday, when all the young children are running around between houses with local "palms" to bless the houses (and to get some goodies in return) all nicely dressed up.
First of all, as the title already sugggests, this is not a normal retelling for children of the stories of the bible, but a funny view from one Uncle Bob on what the stories in the Bible could be all about.
If you love a funny book, have a sense of humour and are willing to take the Bible in ano
Mary-jane Farrer
Mary-jane Farrer rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2014
Pamela Rippstein
Pamela Rippstein rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2014
Tammy
Tammy rated it liked it
May 25, 2015
Florence Lyon
Florence Lyon rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2014
Kim Bumgardaner
Kim Bumgardaner rated it it was ok
Sep 04, 2015
Charles Yoder
Charles Yoder rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Denise Stahl
Denise Stahl rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Mia
Mia rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2015
Kimberly Scott
Kimberly Scott rated it did not like it
Jan 17, 2015
Dianne See
Dianne See rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2015
Cathy
May 10, 2015 Cathy rated it it was amazing
Fun read.
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Philip Wickstrand
Philip Wickstrand marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Sonja
Sonja marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Tessa
Tessa added it
Jan 27, 2015
Diana
Diana is currently reading it
Jan 28, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Todd Pryor
Todd Pryor marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Marcy Griffin-Pulliam
Marcy Griffin-Pulliam marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
CHERYLE  O'MALLEY
CHERYLE O'MALLEY marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Diane Duggan zierden
Diane Duggan zierden is currently reading it
Nov 15, 2015
Lisa Cleveland
Lisa Cleveland marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2015
Felix Bearden
Felix Bearden is currently reading it
Dec 30, 2015
Christina Cueto
Christina Cueto marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Celise
Celise marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Melinda
Melinda marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Anne O'Connell
Anne O'Connell marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Robert Druce
Robert Druce marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2016
Steve Martinson
Steve Martinson marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2016
Hi! I'm Steve Vernon and I'd love to scare you. Along the way I'll entertain you. I guarantee a giggle as well.

If I listed all of the books I've written I'd bore you - and I am allergic to boring.

Instead, let me recommend one single book of mine.

Pick up SUDDEN DEATH OVERTIME for an example of true Steve Vernon storytelling. It's hockey and vampires for folks who love hockey and vampires - and for
More about Steve Vernon...