Start by marking “You Can't Judge a Cookie by Its Cutter: Make 100 Cookie Designs with Only a Handful of Cookie Cutters” as Want to Read:

The big new idea in baking: cookie transformations-- using a few cookie cutters and a twist of the wrist to create 100 totally unique and fun cookie designs!

You Can't Judge a Cookie by Its Cutter: Make More Than 100 Cookie Designs with Only a Handful of Cookie Cutters

Dubbed "the most creative baker I know" by Ina Garten, cookie expert Patti Paige reveals the secrets behind
Published November 4th 2014 by Grand Central Life & Style

Danielle
Nov 11, 2014 Danielle rated it liked it
Thank you for offering this book as a GoodReads giveaway in exchange for an honest review.

I received this lovely, hard cover 270+ page book today. I love the idea of making the most of what you have (in this case a handful of cookie cutters) and with a little creativity to make so much more!

With just 25 cookie-cutter shapes, the author explores 100 different cookie designs. Granted, I don't know when I'll feel inspired to make cookies in the shape of a hair dryer or a bowl full of noodles, but
Warren-Newport Public Library
Dec 10, 2014 Warren-Newport Public Library rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, cooking
Have you fallen into a cookie making rut? Maybe it’s time to take a cookie cutter approach--with a twist in perspective! A new book in WNPL’s collections, You Can’t Judge a Cookie by its Cutter by Patti Paige illustrates how to make 100 different cookie designs with just a few cookie cutters.

Have a heart shaped cookie cutter in your pantry? You too can make a pumpkin, strawberry or fish cookie from the exact same cutter. While the techniques illustrated might seem somewhat advanced, the author a
Claire
Nov 08, 2014 Claire rated it really liked it
I received You Can't Judge a Cookie by Its Cutter as part of a Goodreads giveaway.

As the holiday season approaches, I find myself digging out a dusty plastic grocery bag of cookie cutters--some date back to my mother's childhood in the 1960s, others were acquired during my lifetime. You Can't Judge a Cookie by Its Cutter is chock full of great, innovative ideas to turn classic cutter shapes like the heart and Santa and turn them into a whole selection of new designs.

It's a much larger book than
Debbie
Feb 10, 2016 Debbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This is a free book from First reads. Good book that I have genuinely enjoyed reading. I bake a lot, there are so many new tips to me in this book, I loved it. Ball Head Pins for example, I never would have thought. Paint brushes, I can't wait to try. The tip about buying multiple piping tips to eliminate the color problem, what a good idea. This book is going to make my life easier. I like the rating scale, the photos that accompany the instructions, there's just so much good information in ...more
Amy
Dec 15, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
Thank you to Goodreads for this book.
With the holiday season upon us, it was the perfect opportunity to get into this book.
This book is full of information from how to make different cookie batters and how to make cookie cutters so you can make many more shapes.
There are directions on icings and how to pipe so you can decorate the cookies.
The various shapes are separated into three different levels, beginner, intermediate and advanced. The recipes are easy to follow.
Bryan
Nov 24, 2014 Bryan rated it it was amazing
Some of the ideas presented in this book are really creative. My sister just gave me a bunch of cookie cutters, so I'll be trying some of these ideas out. I like how the frosting recipes and coloring ideas are included in the book. I also appreciate the directions on how to use the frosting as some of my past attempts have been rather messy, for the cookies as well as my kitchen.
I received this book from Goodreads for an honest review. I appreciate the opportunity.
Reading Fool
Dec 05, 2014 Reading Fool rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways, 2014
I received a free copy of this book.

A great cookbook for creative bakers. Patti Paige shows you how to decorate cookies to create different designs, using the same shapes/cookie cutters. For example, a cutter shaped like a ghost can also be decorated to look like Indian corn, a witch, or a cat. It's all in how the cookie is decorated (painted). Very clever. This is an inspiring book with excellent photos and instructions.
Michael Jones
Jan 27, 2015 Michael Jones rated it really liked it
Most where fun to make but some didn't turn out as nice as I would have liked and they weren't as easy to do as I would have liked. I received this book from GoodReads first reads.
Nancy
Nov 10, 2014 Nancy rated it it was ok
Some of the choices of what they made from the cookie cutters seemed a little odd to me. Did have some cute ideas tho.
S T
S T rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2015
Jenger
Jenger rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2016
Rani
Rani rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Barbieangels
Barbieangels rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
Claudia Williams
Claudia Williams rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2015
Kat Malenfant
Kat Malenfant rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2014
Leny
Leny rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2014
Alexia
Alexia rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2014
Bridget Hardy
Bridget Hardy rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Jody
Jody rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2015
Andréa
Andréa marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Ms. Reader
Ms. Reader marked it as to-read
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Ronnie
Ronnie marked it as to-read
Rachella Baker
Rachella Baker marked it as to-read
Debbie Carnes
Debbie Carnes marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Seanna Yeager
Seanna Yeager marked it as to-read
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Whereis
Whereis marked it as to-read
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Exapno Mapcase
Exapno Mapcase marked it as to-read
Michelle Myers
Michelle Myers marked it as to-read
Callie
Callie marked it as to-read
Jennifer beck
Jennifer beck marked it as to-read
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Abraham Ray
Abraham Ray marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Susan Johnson
Susan Johnson marked it as to-read
Zainab
Zainab marked it as to-read
Emilee
Emilee marked it as to-read
Lnichols
Lnichols marked it as to-read
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
  • Saveur: The New Classics Cookbook: More than 1,000 of the world's best recipes for today's kitchen
  • Cooking with Love: Comfort Food that Hugs You
  • Sorella Means Sister: A Little Something from our New York Restaurant
  • 1,001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes: Delicious, Easy-to-Make, Healthy Meals for Everyone
  • The Complete Cook's Country TV Show Cookbook: Every Recipe, Every Ingredient Testing, and Every Equipment Rating from the Hit TV Show
  • Making Dough: Recipes and Ratios for Perfect Pastries
  • The Gourmet Cookie Book: The Single Best Recipe from Each Year 1941-2009
  • The Food Lover's Guide to Paris: The Best Restaurants, Bistros, Cafés, Markets, Bakeries, and More
  • The Confetti Cakes Cookbook: Spectacular Cookies, Cakes, and Cupcakes from New York City's Famed Bakery
  • The New Midwestern Table: 200 Heartland Recipes
  • Skinny Pizza: Over 100 healthy recipes for America's favorite food
  • Dessert for Two: Small-Batch Sweets for One, Two, or a Few
  • The Nancy Drew Cookbook: Clues to Good Cooking (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #0)
  • Bears Make the Best Reading Buddies
  • The Unofficial Harry Potter Party Book: From Monster Books to Potions Class!: Crafts, Games, and Treats for the Ultimate Harry Potter Party
  • Sandwiches Cookbook