Start by marking “Justin” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Justin

Diana Palmer

Justin (Long, Tall Texans #2)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  729 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Sweet dreams had been all that lovely Shelby Jacobs had ever given Justin Ballenger. He'd loved her, wanted to marry her...and his sweet dreams had blown away. A Ballenger wasn't good enough for Shelby...she'd broken their engagement and flaunted her rich society lover in Justin's face. He vowed never again to be vulnerable to his beautiful Texas rose.

Shelby had never stop
Published March 10th 2014 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published July 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Justin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justin

willaful
I can't honestly call this a good book; it's very formulaic and ridiculously repetitive. How often can one short book contain variations of the word "intimate"? You'd be amazed. But it tugged fairly successfully at my heartstrings.

Palmer's cruel hero/downtrodden heroine formula works better than usual here, because Justin is driven by insecurity and low self-esteem, which makes him a little more sympathetic. Also because Shelby actually takes some action instead of just being increasingly pathe
Jenny
Poor hero and rich heroine were in love years ago but she left him for another man or so he thinks. In reality she was blackmailed by her evil father. Now years later she is penniless he is rich and offers her a MOC. She still adores him, he has been celibate for six years but he is still bitter and suspicious about her past betrayal.

Another super romantic book by DP. Beautiful love story!
Booklover
This one disappointed me.The reason for their seperation was repetative,Justin's mistrust over Shelby even after she tells him the truth about what happened 6 years back,the way he kept cruelly taunting her and Shelby's silence irritated me.How much i adored and liked Justin in first book i disliked him here so much.Also there was no grovelling at all she just took him back:(

KatieV
I've been trying to see what it is about Diana Palmer that gains her such legions of fans. So far, I'm fairly sure I'm never going to be one of them. I guess she's just not for me. YMMV

This one was better because, at least, it wasn't all about a poor, downtrodden heroine chasing after and worshiping some jerk who ran hot and cold mostly because he felt she wasn't good enough/pretty enough/glamorous enough for him and he resented the fact that he could even be attracted to someone so far beneath
Holly
May have slight spoilers.

In author Diana Palmer’s novel Justin, the second book in her Long, Tall Texans series, we have Justin Ballenger and Shelby Jacobs story.

We met them in the first novel Calhoun which was about Justin’s brother Calhoun and Abby. Justin is a bitter man not to mention lonely and he has been for six long years ever since Shelby Jacobs broke off their engagement for another man, a man she admitted to having been sleeping with the whole time she and Justin had been together.

Whi
Kari
This one was a bit better than the first one, but not by much. Justin and Shelby have a past. They are still in love but both refuse to let the past go and move on. I thought that Justin was a jerk through pretty much the whole book. Even when she had proof that she didn't lie about what happened to break them up, he still didn't trust her. I didn't blame her in the least for leaving him. Although, I probably would have done it a lot sooner. I also probably would have made him grovel a little mo ...more
Dani "The REAL Cullens_Girl since 2002"
I am not sure how I feel about reading Justin and Shelby's story. I am much more satisfied with their ending than I initially was with Calhoun and Abbey. I will say that all through Calhoun's story I just assumed (even though the book says otherwise) that Calhoun was the older brother because Justin really does act pretty juvenile in both Calhoun's story and now his own. Diana Palmer has a habit of creating loveable characters in one book and then turning them into total jack-asses (its the only ...more
Christie P.
May 08, 2015 Christie P. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: contemporary
Shelby Jacobs father was a very cruel and uncaring man. Maybe that was why he made the love of Shelby's life, Justin Ballenger, believe she betrayed him and slept with another man.

It broke Shelby's fragile heart to hear Justin believed her father's wicked lies. No matter how she tried Justin never listened to her and promised to despise her forever. Now Shelby's father is dead and Shelby and her brother, Tyler, are loosing everything.

Justin decides marrying Shelby is the only way to keep her out
Valentina Cuello trigo
Is fast to read and that it's cool but i think that it's necessary, more details and more passion in the feelings between they
Spinneretta
The sequel to Calhoun. Good to finally read about the Ballenger brothers!
Adriana Fogaça
Série Homens do Texas 02
Apreendendo A Amar
Diana Palmer

Insegurança, ciúme, paixão e amor, são os sentimentos que se encontra neste romance entre Justin Ballenger e Shelby Jacobs.

Acredito que esta história seja uma das melhores da série Homens do Texas.

Apesar de todo sofrimento, da rejeição de Shelby, de se transformar num descrente, um recluso. Justin nunca em momento algum deixou de ama-lá.

Já Shelby, não acreditava que algum dia pudesse obter de volta o amor de Justin.

Doce engano...

Vale apen
Dayna
Justin was as hardheaded as they come that’s for sure. Too hardheaded for my taste, to be honest. I just wanted to thump him one all throughout the book. The heroine stood up to him on occasion, so that was nice, but I find that DP books hinge around the heroes, and if I struggle with liking the hero, then I struggle with the book.
Amanda Sheila
I liked it but I was expecting more. In Calhoun's story, Justin was described as big and warm man who carry a scar from his past. But in this book Justin's nothing but cold and merciless man. Very typical of Diana Palmer, but still, I was expecting more. But so far so good, as usual. :)
Katy Rustemeyer
One of my favorite LTT books to be honest I love Justin he is one of my fave characters. This was just a great story. I just loved everything about it. Justin was so standoffish but I loved him. I grew to love him in Calhoun's book & it just continued on into his own story.
Julie C-f
Too much drama that repeats the "accusations" and mistrust. Their love for each other was intense and however it seems great that it is like so, going through so many painful scenes just made this story too heavy to read.
Pam H
written a long time ago - I had a hard time reconciling the Justin who loves Shelby with the Justin who doesn't trust Shelby. Got old.
April Brookshire
I almost forgot I read this (a week or two ago)

Hence, the 2 stars.

The only thing I remember as good was how much the H loved the h.
Brittany
Find my review here on Calhoun and Justin in a recent reprint! https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Dewi Read
Lagi2 ketemu Hero DP yang buat di "Hammer".....salah sangka melulu...capppeee deeee
Cecelia
I love it! Its so emotionally wrenchgin!
D. Manuel
D. Manuel marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Amanda
Amanda is currently reading it
Aug 30, 2015
Sandra Swartz
Sandra Swartz marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
  • Return Engagement
  • The Perfect Wife
  • Dearly Beloved
  • Against the Rules
  • Jessup (Wylde Boys, #1)
  • Memory's Embrace (Corbins, #3)
  • Marriage on Demand (Hometown Heartbreakers, #2)
  • Texas Splendor (Texas Trilogy, #3)
  • The Wives of Bowie Stone
  • Hard to Get (Games, #3)
  • Taken by the Highest Bidder
  • The Price of a Bride
  • Road to Redemption (Dogs of Fire MC, #2)
  • The Doctor's Wife
  • His Secret Duchess
  • The Billionaire's Scandalous Marriage (Harlequin Presents, #2627)
  • Run Among Thorns
  • A Matter Among Four

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab
More about Diana Palmer...

Long, Tall Texans (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • The Founding Father (Long, Tall Texans, #0)
  • Calhoun (Long, Tall Texans, #1)
  • Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)
  • Sutton's Way  (Long, Tall Texans, #4)
  • Ethan (Long, Tall Texans, #5)
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • Harden (Long, Tall Texans #7)
  • Evan (Long, Tall Texans, #8)
  • Donavan (Long, tall Texans, #9)
  • Emmett (Long, Tall Texans, #10)
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Dangerous (Long, Tall Texans, #37)