Start by marking “Immortal Hunter” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Immortal Hunter

Kait Ballenger

Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground #2)

Hunters of the supernatural, the Execution Underground are an elite group tasked with protecting humanity...but at what price?

As an exorcist, David Aronowitz grew up the target of demonic assassins. Now he's a member of the Execution Underground, and hellspawn everywhere fear his name. But when a demon slips into the seductive body of the only woman he's ever loved, David
Published April 1st 2014 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Immortal Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immortal Hunter

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Hot damn! Ms. Ballenger rocked the hell out of this book, making Immortal Hunter one of UTC’s Top Pick for this year. Ms. Ballenger continues to impress me with the none-stop excitement in this book. It had a perfect blend of mystery, action, humor, romance and a little bit of heartbreak.

David and Allsun’s past goes back further than I thought, which of course is explained more in this book. In fact, they were high school sweethearts but somewhere down the line, their paths separate. Or more do
Mar 29, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook

tearWell-WrittenAlphaMale

The men of the Execution Underground (EU) all have their own simple area. Jace from book 1, Twilight Hunter is the best werewolve hunter. Damon from the novella, Shadow Hunter is the best vampire hunter and the leader of the Rochester Division. Shane is the hottie hiding under his book nerd title and he specializes in all things occult. Ash Devereaux, talks to ghosts. Trent, is a shifter hunter. (You can find out more about each guy at Meet the Rochester Division)

That brings us to the hero

Mel
Immortal Hunter, the second book in Kait Ballenger's unique Execution Underground series, was an incredibly slow read for me which was beyond disappointing as the first book, Twilight Hunter, was made of awesome and I've been itching for David's story since finishing it.

Don't get me wrong, the world building is phenomenal (as each member of the Execution Underground specializes in a different field and this is our first look at an exorcist in action) but I had a hard time relating to the heroin
Talk Supe
Jul 31, 2013 Talk Supe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
IMMORTAL HUNTER is a solid follow up to the series. In fact I liked this more than Twilight Hunter. Aside from the fantastic plot, conflict and resolution, David and Allsún are great main characters. Their relationship has depth and very grown up, devoid of juvenile antics we sometimes see in other PNR novels. I'm happy that there's no insta-love and that the romantic relationships mirrors the different stages of love real-life couples go through. The trend KBallenger has set up for her series i ...more
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Rating: A- Enjoyed A Lot (4.5 Stars)
Originally posted at That's What I'm Talking About
Review copy provided by NetGalley

David Aronowitz is a first class demon hunter with Execution Underground, a secretive organization that polices the paranormal beings hidden among humans. In the previous book, Twilight Hunter, David discovered that his once love, Allsún O'Hare, has been hiding out among a wolf shifter pack. Allsún, a half-Fae (pixie) and the only Fae outside of the Isle of Apples, was kidnapped
Robyn Koshel
Mar 20, 2014 Robyn Koshel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book two in the series (even though amazon says it is book 3 for reason) I have not read the two previous books, but the book can easily stand alone. The whole premise of the book is exciting David Aronowitz, as a exorcist working for the execution underground.
There are some really tender moments between him and Allusun and you felt like this was the second chance they needed to be together. Well, they do say three is a crowd because Allusun has a little demon issue of her own.
I enjoye
Lori {Romancing the Dark Side}
I knew David's story would break my heart and Kait Ballenger did just that before she put the pieces back together! *full review coming soon*
Jillian
Mar 30, 2014 Jillian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Immortal Hunter is the second book in author Kait Ballenger’s Execution Underground Series and admittedly the first book I have read. First let me say that I wasn’t lost at all while reading even though I hadn’t read the first book. Second I have to say….I loved this book and will be reading all of the installments from here on out!
Exorcist and Execution Underground member David Aronowitz is used to seeing some pretty gruesome things. In his line of work he’s come across some of the most heinous
Franjessca
Review also posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

WARNING – This book will have you crying…so if you decide to read this out and about, be prepared to have the tissues next to you. I thought I get that out there before I even typed my review of Immortal Hunter because certain scenes made me cry.

In the second book of the Execution Underground series, we have the demon exorcist David Aronowitz trying to do his job at EU, while also worrying about his past love who got hurt in the previous book (Twilight Hun
Sabina Bundgaard
The Execution Underground Series by Kait Ballenger started with Shadow Hunter in the anthology After Dark with Gena Showalter. The series continued with Twilight Hunter, and now Immortal Hunter is being released TODAY. (April 1, 2014)

Immortal Hunter focuses on David Aronowitz and Allsún OHare. Once upon a couple and hunting demons together. That was… Until David chose to join The Execution Underground without talking to Allsún about it first.

This wasn’t the only reason that Allsún and David went
Mimis Bookworld
Aug 10, 2015 Mimis Bookworld rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Die Execution Underground geht in die nächste Runde!
Das Cover vom zweiten Band ist genauso umwerfend wenn nicht sogar besser, wie das des ersten Bandes. Generell finde ich diesen Band sogar noch einen Tick besser als den ersten. Was eigentlich fast nicht möglich ist. Das Buch war um einiges spannender und detailreicher. Im Gegensatz zum ersten Band kommt dieses Buch nicht ganz so düster an den Leser oder die Leserin. Der Humor und Sarkasmus kam definitiv nicht zu kurz. Ich habe sogar einige Trän
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2) by Kait Ballenger

Overall Rating: 3.75 Rockin' ★★★☆

"Something big was about to go down with the demons in Rochester, and he was determined to find out what it was."

"She was forced to admit to herself that David was a like a fine bottle of top shelf whiskey that only got better and better with age."

"There are no guarantees in life."

David Aronowitz is part of the EU- Execution Underground: a secret organization for the sole purpose of controlling any and all paranormal activities. Demons, shifters, Ghosts, Wit
Charlee Allden
May 04, 2014 Charlee Allden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Immortal Hunter is a gut-wrenchingly dark drama, packed full of mystery and action and a testament to the power of selfless love and devotion. The hero and heroine of this novel aren’t perfect people. They’ve made mistakes. Lots of them. With tragic consequences. At the same time you know that no one, no matter how flawed, deserves the misery they face. These characters, perhaps, least of all.

The author has created a great ‘band of brothers’ to center her stories around. The Execution Undergroun
Linda
Kowabunga! Kait has done it again! I've inhaled every one of Kait Ballenger's Execution Underground books and this is an awesome addition to that series! Kait's writing is polished and captivating. The suspense is gripping, the romance is hot and the twists are totally unexpected.

David is a demon hunter/exorcist and this book has DEMONS galore! The demon activity is boiling over and nasty doesn't even begin to describe how horrifically bad the creatures are. David has his hands full trying to h
Melba
Apr 04, 2014 Melba rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!! It kept me glued to the pages not wanting to look away for a moment! I might have cried a little (I won't admit it!) but it was worth it!!

This was an enthralling read that had me turning the pages in anticipation. Ms. Ballenger has taken me on an emotional journey with David and Allsún’s story that was heart wrenching but beautifully executed! Well done!

I can't wait for the next book in the series!!
Avey Shannon
Apr 03, 2014 Avey Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book, the wonderful story of David and Allsun, showcasing some “what ifs” scenarios involving two very strong minded people who love one another very much, it also involves the growing connection between teammates, secrets, heartache, evilness, joy and hope. I look forward to the next book in this exciting series.
Pam
Jun 28, 2013 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the Execution Underground! Kait Ballenger has another hit on her hands with David and Allsún's story. A must read for sure :)
Angel Martin
**eARC Provided by HQN from NetGalley**
Louisa
Oct 21, 2016 Louisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so fantastic! I'm really enjoying this series (though I wish it'd been longer, with more time with these characters!) and I can't wait to read more!
Jo
Originally reviewed for & posted at Vampire Book Club

Review source: copy provided by publisher, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest reveiw.

Rating (out of 5): 2.5 stars

Note: While this review will be spoiler free, it may reference events in previous books in the series.

After being kidnapped and tortured by the sociopathic Robert, David’s ex fiancé has been left in a coma. With Allsún being half fae—and therefore a natural enemy to the demons—David knows it’s bad news when one of her doct
Kristin
Kait Ballenger is a new “voice” in paranormal romance and I really love the world she’s built with her Execution Underground series. It started with the outstanding prequel Shadow Hunter and continued with her first full length novel Twilight Hunter. Her second book, Immortal Hunter, is no slouch in the series but does dim a bit in the shine department compared to the other books in the series. But I think there’s a very good reason for that. It might have been that the difficult subject matter ...more
Sandy
Apr 23, 2014 Sandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars:

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date April 1, 2014

As an exorcist, David Aronowitz grew up the target of demonic
assassins. Now he’s a member of the Execution Underground
and hellspawn everywhere fear his name. But when a demon
slips into the seductive body of the only woman he’s ever loved,
David must confront the heartbreak of their past to save her.

The piece of her hear
Marta Cox
Sep 01, 2013 Marta Cox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fabulous instalment in Ms Ballengers Execution Underground series and lovers of a good paranormal romance book really have to get this book. This series is just getting into it's stride and there's still so much more to come that readers would be crazy to miss it. Filled with diverse characters who all have one thing in common, a real need to protect the innocent. These characters spring to life in the readers imagination and this book is no exception.
David is an exorcist and together wi
Lorna
May 10, 2014 Lorna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Immortal Hunter, is the second in the exciting Execution Underground series, where all the members have different supernatural policing specialties. I read the first one, Twilight Hunter, and really enjoyed Jace and Frankie’s story. This one was about David and his ex-fiance, Allie, and I have to say it was a solid entry into the series but not quite as good as the first one, at least that was my take on it.

David is a demon exorcist that has been in love with Allie since they were teenagers. Unf
Kristin
Dec 16, 2013 Kristin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good portion of this story is of David trying to win Allsún back after their relationship ended years ago. She was kidnapped and tortured in the last book and now that she's out of harms way, David is set on winning her back. However, Allsún is still angry at David, even though he has no idea what or why, and she fights real hard to keep her heart distanced from him.

"To them you may be a hero, but to me, you're just the man who broke my heart."

I love that each other these books not only dea
Tamara
Immortal Hunter is book two in the EU series, but It can be read as a stand alone. We see some characters from the previous installments, but you don't necessarily have to read them in order. At least not at this point.

I like that each of the EU hunters have their own specialty. Which means each book will have it's own angle. That's what makes this series unique. Damon from the Shadow Hunter novella is a vampire hunter and the leader of the Rochester Division. Jace from Twilight Hunter is the be
Melliane
Mar 09, 2014 Melliane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I really liked the first book and it’s true that I was curious to see who would be put forward in this sequel. So here we are this time with a Jace’s friend: David, and of course accompanied by a young woman who is none other than Allsun, a friend of Frankie.

Since the end of the first novel, Allsun found herself in a kind of coma for a month and David oversees her every day since this event, hoping she would wake up again soon. Yet, it seems that recently he
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

The Execution Underground is a great example of a wonderful paranormal romance series. With sexy heroes and strong heroines, characters you can care about from one book to the next, and an interesting setting, the series has become one I get excited about whenever a new book is released. IMMORTAL HUNTER, however, fell a little short for me, compared to the prequel novella, SHADOW HUNTER, and book one in the series, TWILIGHT HUNTER.

While I eventually wa
Shayna
Immortal Hunter is the second book in Kait Ballenger's Execution Underground Series. This is a first read for me from this author on her own. Immortal Hunter is a good, intense paranormal story that will keep you on your toes. Kait created a world full of mystery and suspense around every corner. The writing was good. There were some sexy parts, some humorous parts, and there was no lack of fascinating characters.

I really enjoyed the storyline in this book, even though it might have started off
Melissa Hayden
David and Allsun are next in the group for their book. A light read of rekindling a lost romance.

****FULL REVIEW****
Rochester's demons are never as quiet as they have been since the child's murder two weeks ago. Now they are stirring again, possessing and killing young children. David knows they are up to something. David is on the hunt for the demon that possessed the doctor caring for his ex-fiance who's laying in a coma for nearly a month now, after the events of Twilight Hunter. Demon's bei
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)
  • Asmodeus: Demon of Lust (Princes of Hell #1-4)
  • After Dark: The Darkest Angel/Shadow Hunter (Lords of The Underworld, #4.5; Execution Underground, #0.5)
  • Bittersweet Magic (The Order, #2)
  • The Danger of Destiny (Mystwalker, #4)
  • Angel Kin (Angel Assassins, #1)
  • The Echoed Life of Jorja Graham (Jorja Graham #2)
  • Wicked After Midnight (Blud, #3)
  • Burning Desire: Part 1
  • Struck (Phoebe Meadows, #1)
  • To Catch His Mate (Crescent Moon, #5)
  • His Untamed Desire (Moon Shifter, #3.5)
  • Vampire's Hunger (Awakening, #1)
  • Greta and the Lost Army (Mylena Chronicles, #3)
  • House of the Rising Sun (Crescent City, #1)
  • Don't Blackmail the Vampire (Sons of Kane, #2)
  • Warrior's Curse (Imnada Brotherhood, #3)
  • Werewolves Be Damned (Magic & Mayhem, #1)
Romance author, mother, wife, former professional bellydancer, English professor, and world traveler, Kait Ballenger is the award-winning author of the Execution Underground paranormal romance series, about an international network of supernatural hunters who fight to protect humanity.

Following a lifelong passion for reading and writing, Kait earned a B.A in English from Stetson University (2011)
More about Kait Ballenger...

Execution Underground (4 books)
  • Shadow Hunter (Execution Underground, #0.5)
  • Twilight Hunter (Execution Underground, #1)
  • Midnight Hunter (Execution Underground, #3)