Geography of the World

Geography of the World

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Global diversity comes alive in DK's essential guide to our ever-changing world, full of fact-packed spreads and full-color photographs.
Published August 21st 2006 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published January 1st 1960)

Meaghan
This was one of my favorite books back when I was eleven or twelve. I poured over its pages constantly, imagining myself in this country or that one. I was pleased to see that there's an updated edition now, a decade after the original book was published.

From what I can remember from the 1996 book, not a great deal has been changed. They've mainly just updated it for current events -- the brand-new country of East Timor, Hong Kong and Macao's being absorbed into China, etc.

I wish the book was mo...more
Barbara
Geography of the World: The Essential Family Guide to Geography and Culture. Revised edition. DK Publishing, 2003. 304 pages.

Genre: Atlas, reference
Recommended age level: Intermediate (8-12 years)
Subjects: geography, culture, countries, population, languages, religions, governments, currency, maps, international affairs

DK's Geography of the World is much more than a simple atlas; it explains each country's physical geography, people, places, landscape, climate, and place in today's world throug...more
Stacy
I love DK. I love atlases and world studies. Awesome reference for any household with elementary school-aged children. Internet is great but being able to teach a child to find an answer in a reference book is awesome.
Dan *History and trivia lover!*
It gave lots of information in a short amount of pages.
Gokce Tombul
Gokce Tombul marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Crystal-Rain Love
Crystal-Rain Love marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Derekh
Derekh marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Mary Mccary
Mary Mccary marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Isacniuton
Isacniuton marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Rick Wedgeworth
Rick Wedgeworth marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Steve Hager
Steve Hager marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 13, 2013
Shankar Patil
Shankar Patil marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Simon Adams is a writer and editor of children’s non-fiction and reference books. He specializes in history, politics and current affairs and has written extensively on exploration, music and the arts. He is also a well established jazz critic and reviewer. Simon has also contributed to family and adult reference books and has been an editorial consultant on various history and other titles.
Simon...more
More about Simon Adams...
Titanic World War II World War I Elizabeth I: The Outcast Who Became England's Queen Running for Beginners: The Easiest Way to Start Running