Start by marking “Real Magic: Creating Miracles in Everyday Life” as Want to Read:
Real Magic: Creating Miracles in Everyday Life

Real Magic: Creating Miracles in Everyday Life

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  663 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
BESTSELLING BOOK

In this inspirational guide, Wayne Dyer, the author of the phenomenal bestsellers Wisdom of the Ages, Pulling Your Own Strings, and Your Erroneous Zones, reveals seven beliefs central to working miracles in our everyday lives.

When most of us think of magic, we picture a man in a black cape sawing a woman in half, or a sleight-of-hand card trick. But there'
Published June 19th 2001 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published August 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Real Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Real Magic

The Watcher by Lisa VoisinThe Merchant and the Menace by Daniel McHughThe Pool and the Pedestal by Daniel McHughThe Trees and the Night by Daniel McHughAngel Marie by Sam Oliver
Novels on Angels
17th out of 22 books — 17 voters
Tao Te Ching by Lao TzuThe road less traveled by M. Scott PeckMan's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. FranklTransitions by William  BridgesFeeling Good by David D. Burns
50 Self-Help Classics
32nd out of 52 books — 28 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily
Jul 09, 2007 Emily rated it liked it
I found this book in a laundromat. It immediately struck me as something I wouldn't read, and then I started reading it anyway. Then I brought it home and kept reading it. Hmmm.

update:
I've finished this book, and I think that I can take a lot from it. And I'll probably read it again. For most of the book, I'm with Dyer and I'm into what he's saying, and then every once in a while I start thinking he's a wack job. And then I'm with him again. It's quite confusing, actually.
Estevo Raposo
El genero de este libro es sin duda la espiritualidad, así que, si no eres una persona religiosa, o con cierto interés por lo trascendente, no disfrutarás de él.

Tras pasar la última página y cerrar el libro, me quedo con la sensación de que me queda mucho que aprehender de esta obra, con la primera lectura solo alcanzo a ver la superficie, pero me gusta lo que veo: somos seres espirituales antes que seres físicos, y a través de nuestro interior, podemos conectar con una inteligencia superior que
Jeremy Knox
Oct 27, 2015 Jeremy Knox rated it really liked it
I could barely read through the first 50 pages of this book without stopping as it was discussing so many things and topics that myself and a co-worker and been discussing and debating recently, notably about religion and the creation of the universe. What I like about this book is how it talks about spirituality without delving into the dogma of a particular religion and instead borrows from many. These books in general are good "feel good" books as they encourage you to just be yourself and fo ...more
Heaven Leigh
Aug 18, 2013 Heaven Leigh rated it it was amazing

This is a wonderful guide to believing in yourself! Thank you again, Dr. Dyer!

I think it's very nice that you dedicated it to MJ & Deepak. I respect that you still recognize Michael as "A transcendent being, who had not only tremendous talent, but a heart as big as the sky" ~Wayne Dyer

This book gives one so many tools to overcome any obstacle and work the miracles she/he is here to accomplish.

I will read again to keep the concepts fresh in my mind.
Carol K.
Sep 24, 2012 Carol K. rated it it was amazing
Absolutely one of my favorite books! This was one of the first Wayne Dyer books I read, I've been hooked ever since! Totally recommend!
Brent
Jan 18, 2009 Brent is currently reading it
Dr.Wayne W. Dyer is one of my favorite authors.
Brian Johnson
Oct 08, 2015 Brian Johnson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: modern-classics
“This book was written with the express purpose of showing you the way to create what you may have previously thought to be impossible in your life.”

“When I gave up the pursuit of money, more of it flowed into my life than I had ever known before. Why? Because I was living my purpose and surrendering to the universe to provide for my needs.”

“If you want to experience prosperity at a miraculous level, you must leave behind your old ways of thinking and develop a new way of imagining what is poss
mafic Martha Fernanda
don't like it so much as some other kind of "metaphisics" books.

with a lot of cool phrases of some cool authors, but with a lot of stupidities about the perspective of the psiche, that can harm the mind, thought.
Mckinley
Apr 27, 2016 Mckinley rated it really liked it
Borrows from others. "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Become a miracle maker in your life.
Mildred
Apr 01, 2014 Mildred rated it liked it
Libro con metafísica, auto ayuda y sobre todo programación mental. Tiene datos positivos, todo lo basa en la meditación, auto conocerse y dar. Simple, repetitivo al estilo norteamericano.
Debby Saarits
Jul 02, 2015 Debby Saarits rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favourite books and I recommended it to others for at least 15 years after I first read it. Overall I read it 6 times. Even today it's still worth the read.
Royale
Mar 13, 2014 Royale rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actually one of my favorite Dyer books. A bit outdated, but the concepts are still valid.
Francis  Grajales
Feb 14, 2016 Francis Grajales rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"La gente siempre le echa la culpa a sus circunstancias por lo que ellos son. Yo no creo en las circunstancias. La gente a la que le va bien en la vida es la gente que va en busca de las circunstancias que quieren y si no las encuentran, se las hacen, se las fabrican."
April
Feb 15, 2013 April rated it did not like it
Not at all my favorite. I think I might of liked it better if he didn't dedicate the book to Michael Jackson. I judged him instantly (although not fair) as someone I didn't want to take spiritual advice from. I really didn't love the book... It was a bit to out there for me, however I also can't say I disagreed with anything he said either. I think it's a great book for anyone who doesn't have any specific beliefs to start understanding there is a higher power. If you do have stronger spiritual ...more
Karen Jett
Sep 08, 2010 Karen Jett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who liked The Secret
This book is excellent! It's subtitle tells it all: Creating Miracles in Everyday Life. As anyone who has watched Oprah can tell you. It's all about what's going on inside of us. But it's not always easy to change our thoughts, or even to catch ourself thinking them.

Wayner Dyer provides great tips in an easy to read book that helps us to change our thinking.

In one line: Think of this book as the 'how-to' for the book The Secret. (Note: this book was originally copyrighted in 1992)
K.D. Bissonette
Nov 12, 2014 K.D. Bissonette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
thinking about this...
Unigami
This is the first book Wayne Dyer wrote as he really started to go off the deep end into New Age mysticism and "manifesting miracles". As always with Wayne, the writing and anecdotes are good, and the message is positive. Worth reading, but take some things with a grain of salt.
Amy Lesher
Nov 21, 2012 Amy Lesher rated it really liked it
One of the first books I read on my journey. A gentle, wise, & easy to relate to book. Don't judge a book by its cover (dislike the new cover). The contents inside are warming & reassuring. A wonderful read!
Teresa
Jul 03, 2008 Teresa added it
Another great Wayne Dyer book. It's not about "magic" like tricks and spells. It's more of a metaphor for creating beautiful things in your own life. Creating a magical life for yourself and those around you!
Annette
Aug 13, 2013 Annette rated it really liked it
Took me a while before what I read "stuck" so I read much of the beginning of book multiple times before it began to click. Enjoyed the book once I got on a roll.
Pat
Jul 05, 2012 Pat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Slow read...great subject of being spiritual and how to control your life. Also how what one thinks affects the entire around. The thought is what it is.
Jim George
Nov 07, 2010 Jim George rated it liked it
This book will equip you in creating miracles in your life, kind of - sort of. The author is a self-help guru.
Tkagei
Jun 19, 2013 Tkagei rated it it was amazing
My first DYER experience. Transformational. He will forever be one of my greatest teachers.
Moyokoyani Armando
Nunca había escrito tantas veces la frase “Qué idiotez” en los márgenes de un libro.
Flavio Guell Casalvolone
Outstandingly inspiring. A must read for anyone pursuing the spiritual path.
Michelle
Nov 12, 2007 Michelle rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Shelves:
I'm still reading but I've gotten so much out of this book. It's wonderful.
Jeannette Pucella
May 12, 2010 Jeannette Pucella rated it really liked it
Awesome book on manifesting whatever you want in your life...
Maria
May 28, 2012 Maria rated it it was amazing
Wayne Dyer is Amazing- Each of his books is a prize
Mallika
Aug 21, 2008 Mallika rated it it was amazing
a wonderfully simple approach to a vast possibilty!
  • The Gift of Change: Spiritual Guidance for Living Your Best Life
  • Easier Than You Think ...because life doesn't have to be so hard: The Small Changes That Add Up to a World of Difference
  • Life Was Never Meant to Be a Struggle
  • Uncovering Happiness: Overcoming Depression with Mindfulness and Self-Compassion
  • Power, Freedom, and Grace: Living from the Source of Lasting Happiness
  • Conscious Living: Finding Joy in the Real World
  • Creating True Prosperity
  • Everyday Enlightenment: The Twelve Gateways to Personal Growth
  • Self-Help
  • This Time I Dance!: Creating the Work You Love
  • God Wants You to Be Rich: How and Why Everyone Can Enjoy Material and Spiritual Wealth in Our Abundant World
  • The Way of Peace
  • Transitions: Making Sense of Life's Changes
  • Thresholds of the Mind
  • Inspired & Unstoppable: Wildly Succeeding in Your Life's Work!
  • Drop the Pink Elephant: 15 Ways to Say What You Mean - And Mean What You Say
  • Inner Peace for Busy People
  • Empowering Women
Wayne Walter Dyer was a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer. His 1976 book Your Erroneous Zones has sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time. It is said to have "[brought] humanistic ideas to the masses".

He received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University. He was a guidance counselor in Detroit at the high school level and
More about Wayne W. Dyer...

“There’s only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that’s your own self. —ALDOUS HUXLEY” 3 likes
“To see a World in a grain of sand, And a Heaven in a wild flower, Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand, And Eternity in an hour….” 1 likes