Start by marking “Getting in the Gap” as Want to Read:
Getting in the Gap

Getting in the Gap

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  658 ratings  ·  41 reviews
The practice of meditation takes us on a fabulous journey into the gap between our thoughts, where all the advantages of a more peaceful, stress-free, healthy, and fatigue-free life are available, but which are simply side benefits. The paramount reason for daily meditation is to get into the gap between our thoughts, and make conscious contact with the creative energy of ...more
Published December 3rd 2002 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about Getting in the Gap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting in the Gap

Steve
This is one fantastic meditation cd. I have only been reading Dr. Dyer's work and meditating for a short time and this guided meditation helped me achieve a level of relaxation and renewed energy that I would not have believed possible.

I also feel that I have been able to make conscious contact with my Source using this technique. I also used it to perform the manifesting test as described by Dr. Dyer on his Power of Intention CD by visualizing and contemplating on a simple object, then had it "
Nilesh Magan
(It is actually "Through the gap in the fence" but i could not find the book on this website)

I decided to read this book because it would not loose my attention span as it is full of short stories. It looked quite interesting. This book completes a book with short stories category on the bingo board. I liked the particular story called "Trapped" which is about a boy who hates school athletics day and describes it as a was scene with horrific scenes. I liked the story as it created a real picture
Leanna Manuel
Don't be fooled by the small size and pretty picture on the cover - this is hard! I'm convinced its worth it. I see this as one of those things that is easy to learn but takes a lifetime to master.

Getting in the Gap makes sense, as does pretty much everything Dr. Dyer writes and my cognitive self jumped into this with full enthusiasm. Unfortunately, that cognitive self didn't want to be silenced throughout the medidation.

I'm extremely thankful that there was a CD included to assist with the med
Rebecca Young
Quick read. I enjoyed a number of thoughts that he shared. I also like the idea of using the words to The Lords Prayer to meditate and find that space in between the words. I liked the way he described that. I have not listened to the CD yet, but the book was ok...nothing fabulous.
Kim H.
I reserve the right to move this to 5 stars after I do the CD which accompanies this little tome. I also think this book will be worthy of several re-reads!
Brian Kaplan
This still helps today when I need to meditate and can't it also helps me relieve stress.
Ray Clark
I've been having trouble meditating lately, so... This book has a couple of pretty good suggestions for finding that space, but it's mostly peripherals. "Why meditate," testimonials from meditaters and the like. I haven't listened to the accompanying CD/download (Hay House didn't make it easy to acquire), but I have no doubt it is a useful aid.
Maria
Read this a few years ago... need to re-read!
Angela
This is the second time I've read this book. Although I don't recall how long ago or anything really in it from before, once I started reading it again, I felt like I was getting it more. It is helpful to me, to improve my meditations.
Melissa
For those who have not read much on meditation and spiritual growth/discovery, it is a very helpful introduction that even comes with a free CD during which Dyer guides you through your first meditation experience. I just didn't feel that I got much new and mind-blowing from it other than some great quotes.
Warren Adrian
A good read that prepares you for meditating with the inclosed CD (in my case). There were several candid testimonials and a few pages dedicated to facts and question. I'm about the proceed with the meditation using the CD, so I will have to update you later with the amazing results.
Jennie
Dec 04, 2007 Jennie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: meditation and spiritual growth
Shelves: read-already
I got this book based on his PBS special. IT was interesting, but I just couldn't get into the meditation CD. Although I did try. It is a good book and CD, but I think finding a mediation practice is individual, and this one just wasn't the one for me.
Maria (Ri)
Short and simple book. The thrust - meditate and be in the space of stillness, the gap. The accompanying cd of meditations is wonderful! I've enjoyed Wayne Dyer's other books, and this one moves me forward in amazing ways. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!
Heidi Wiechert
This meditation was very simple to learn and surprisingly relaxing. I liked it.

The book included with the CD was very short but sweet. It had some inspirational stories and quotes from eastern masters. Good job, Dr. Dyer.
Muriel
I was a little disappointed. I usually love anything written by Wayne Dyer. Guess I had expectations of it being a simple "how to" on meditation. For me it was not. Perhaps I'll find the accompanying CD more helpful.
Cherice
A good beginner's guide to meditation. Quick, easy to understand read although this was a library book and it didn't have the CD. I'd like to have the CD to listen to his meditation techniques.
Maria
I listened to this on my ipod and have used some of the techniques. Although I didn't quite grasp or agree with a lot here, it did give me some techniques to practice.
Christine Jolley
i listen to this cd nearly everyday & the affect it has is amazing. if you want to seriously reduce stress & anxiety do this meditation exercise!
Cyndi
A helpful book to assist with setting up a meditation practice. Very practical and useful as a reminder or for a first time meditator.
Debbie
An excellent little book with accompanying CD to get a handle on meditation. Wayne Dyer consistently gains my respect!
Ken Ring
HIGHLY recommended to anyone interested in meditation. This book is what helped me learn the "no-mind" technique.
Brittany Paulin
Another great little book encouraging the importance of practicing meditation and valuing the silent moments.
Deb
I'm new to meditation and still looking for best fit for me. This one wasn't it (for me).
Betsy
This was recommended by Diana...it comes with the CD for learning this form of meditation.
Ewa Krzeminska
That book was the beginning of my interest in the meditation process... Just the beginning...
Robert Gamboa
My mind is a boggle of activity at all times. I was hoping to quell it some with this book.
Julie
A quick read to focus your meditating, helpful if you need a clearer instruction
Mike Nilson
Short and sweet. I really liked the meditation cd that came with it.
Lin Schussler-Williams
This is a great intro to meditation book. Comes with a handy and helpful cd.
Shawn Brady
best assisted meditation cd I have ever listen to
  • Defy Gravity: Healing Beyond the Bounds of Reason
  • Radical Forgiveness: Making Room for the Miracle
  • Secrets of the Lost Mode of Prayer: The Hidden Power of Beauty, Blessings, Wisdom, and Hurt
  • Everyday Grace: Having Hope, Finding Forgiveness And Making Miracles
  • Soul Lessons and Soul Purpose: A Channeled Guide to Why You Are Here
  • Thank You Power: Making the Science of Gratitude Work for You
  • The Unmistakable Touch of Grace: How to Recognize and Respond to the Spiritual Signposts in Your Life
  • The Seeker's Guide: Making Your Life a Spiritual Adventure
  • The Art of True Healing: The Unlimited Power of Prayer and Visualization
  • Eco Barons: The Dreamers, Schemers, and Millionaires Who Are Saving Our Planet
  • Five Wishes: How Answering One Simple Question Can Make Your Dreams Come True
  • Home with God: In a Life That Never Ends
  • Meditations to Heal Your Life
  • Infinite Mind: Science of the Human Vibrations of Consciousness
  • Soul Love: Awakening Your Heart Centers (Soul Life, #1)
  • The Angel Therapy Handbook
  • Infinite Life
  • Peace, Love and Healing: Bodymind Communication & the Path to Self-Healing: An Exploration
Wayne Walter Dyer is a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer. His 1976 book Your Erroneous Zones has sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time. It is said to have "[brought] humanistic ideas to the masses".

He received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University. He was a guidance counselor in Detroit at the high school level and
More about Wayne W. Dyer...
The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao Your Erroneous Zones Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling