Start by marking “Cinderella Lopez” as Want to Read:
Cinderella Lopez

Cinderella Lopez

3.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  97 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Fifteen-year-old Cynthia Lopez made a promise to her dying father: she will live with her two stepsisters, Ami and Lila, until she turns 25, at which point she'll inherit his large estate. Now, nine years later, twenty-four-year-old Cyn is counting down the days to that fateful birthday. At first, living with Ami and Lila had been fun, even exciting at times. Two of New Yo ...more
Published March 21st 2006 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Cinderella Lopez, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cinderella Lopez

Cinderella Lopez by Berta PlatasLucky Chica by Berta PlatasBecoming Americana by Lara RiosGraffiti Girl by Kelly ParraInvisible Touch by Kelly Parra
Go Chica Lit!
1st out of 17 books — 10 voters
Brooklyn's Song by Sydney ArrisonShield of Winter by Nalini SinghBeast by Pepper PaceThe Space Between by Victoria H. SmithBurn by Crystal Hubbard
Romance Novels by Women of Color
107th out of 180 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

Amanda
Dec 14, 2013 Amanda rated it did not like it
I guess I'm just more realistic chick lit chic then romance reader. And this book held too much fantasy could never happen content for me. And it was definitely short on bad karma. I wanted to see the Solas sistas knocked on thier asses and for Crista to have some consequence. That never happened. The ending and the book was unsatisfactory.
Oct 07, 2009 Laura rated it liked it
This book was cute and I really enjoyed the first half or so. Then it kind of slowed down and had a dissapointing and abupt ending. I would have appreciated an epilogue or something else at the end.
Livin' la  Vida Latina
Reviewed by: Celia

I liked that this story incorporated some of the details from the Disney classic; however, she missed one iconic scene: the glass slipper scene. I mean, there was the handsome, Eric, the evil stepsisters, and the fairy godmother, who was disguised as two gay men. But where was the glass slipper?

Erin O'Riordan
Nov 25, 2015 Erin O'Riordan rated it really liked it
Shelves: adaptations
A charming, if not particularly substantial, contemporary retelling of the old European fairy tale, complete with glass-heeled slippers. As I mentioned in a previous note, my expectations of Latina chick lit are based on the incredibly high bar set by the amazing Marta Acosta's Casa Dracula series. Casa Dracula has it all: the romance, the danger, the fashion, the completely lovable heroine wrapped up in comedy of manners, a genre that has never before seemed so appealing. Berta Platas has the c ...more
Sayuri814
Mar 11, 2010 Sayuri814 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 7th-grade
i really loved this book. she has to work for her stepsister until she turns 25. then she can have freedom. she meets her prince in a starbucks store and has 2 fairy godfathers. its good just didnt put the part where she loses her glass slippers. i fell bad how she had to go through a lot just to be free and not even get paid for the work and bright ideas she has done. also what was sad was when her "prince" is the owner the person who bought her business. also he had to betrade her and hurt her ...more
Sandra Lopez
Dec 22, 2009 Sandra Lopez rated it liked it

There was a ballroom scene, where Cyn is dressed lavishly in a beautiful gown, but she didn't lose a slipper; Eric didn't find it; and he certainly didn't slip it on her foot at the very end. C'mon, that
Cyndy
Mar 17, 2014 Cyndy rated it liked it
Shelves: cinderella
A fun quick read. Too much drama for me at the awards but hey that's what makes it a Cinderella story.
Alisa
May 26, 2010 Alisa rated it really liked it
ok, I will admit that the main reason for reading this is because the author has the same last name as I do and I dont find that a lot on the East Coast but I will say that i was glad I read it. It was like the Cinderella story that we all remember but with a few twists and turns. The slipper wasnt there, and instead of a fairy godmother she got two gay fairy godfathers, and the ending was sort of ehhh... but all in all it was a great book. I will defenitly be reading more books from Berta Plata ...more
Deborah
Cynthia Lopez is the personal assistant to her two diva VJ twin step-sisters. It's a thankless job (working for her step-sisters and the studio) but she promised her dying her that she would stay with them until she turns 25. Oh wait, who is the hot guy at Starbucks? Cyn decides to start living for herself.
Melissa
May 26, 2011 Melissa rated it it was ok
I have a hard time reading about bitchy women. The 2 stepsisters were really despicable and it made the main character pathetic for putting up with them. I skipped through most of the book, so I may have missed something good. Maybe if they were all younger, and not grown women, it would have been better.
Erin V
Jun 03, 2013 Erin V rated it liked it
I tried to enjoy it but Cyn basically lied her way to love. And I did not find that a good way to meet the man of her dreams. I think she should hare told Eric the truth when they first set eyes on each other.. Even though it's a sad story I am glad she had a sense of humor about everything.
Francine
Jul 16, 2011 Francine rated it really liked it
A perfect, quick, light read. I love cinderella stories and always will. In this story Cyn is too much of a doormat, but she is still mostly likeable and does eventually get a little bit of a backbone.
Christina Harger
Aug 01, 2009 Christina Harger rated it liked it
I read this while on airplanes...so it was good for that. Smart and subtly beautiful Latina finds love away from her cruel, pouty, gorgeous stepsisters and in the arms of rich, handsome, prince-ly Latino.
Jul 05, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
I liked it! Good characters, good plot (a little predictable, but it is Cinderella after all), and very good font. Funny and well-written, although I probably wouldn't read it again.
Yolanda
Sep 17, 2008 Yolanda marked it as couldn-t-finish
I started this book. And I don't want to blame the writer but I'm just not interested in the characters. I may try and pick this one up again later.
Amy Burk
Oct 24, 2009 Amy Burk rated it it was amazing
Written by a good friend of mine, this book fractures the fairy tale and makes it modern. Excellent for Hispanic female teenage readers!
Yolanda
Feb 19, 2009 Yolanda rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
A good Cinderella story...one that is modern day and has a Latin flavor to it.
Jessica
Apr 19, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I loved the beautifully written story.
Sandra
Dec 22, 2009 Sandra rated it liked it

Charlotte Grffith
Charlotte Grffith rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Krystal
Krystal marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Valerie presa
Valerie presa marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Soarlighter
Soarlighter marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
David Brown
David Brown rated it it was ok
Dec 24, 2015
nicole
nicole rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2015
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
A. Mason
A. Mason rated it did not like it
Sep 29, 2015