Start by marking “Lefties: The Origins & Consequences of Being Left-Handed” as Want to Read:
Lefties: The Origins & Consequences of Being Left-Handed

Lefties: The Origins & Consequences of Being Left-Handed

What minority group claims Jack the Ripper, Leonardo da Vinci, the Boston Strangler and Marilyn Monroe among its members? Lefties--one of the largest minority groups in the land. For every lefty tired of living in a right-handed world, this witty and wise guide to the facts and findings, legend and lore of the so-called "sinister people" is a welcome bookshelf addition. ...more
Published February 1st 1993 by Barnes & Noble (first published May 1st 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Lefties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lefties

Britney
I thought it was an interesting analysis of left handed people and how their brains work. It basically explained how left handed people are different and how they view the world, which makes them extrodinarily different.
People who might enjoy this book would be lefties or people into how the brain works. This book really does talk about both things a lot.
People who might not enjoy this book are people who don't enjoy the genre or don't care about handness.
Andrew Kline
Aug 27, 2016 Andrew Kline rated it liked it
The first 2/3 of this book focused on whether handedness existed at the atomic level or internally in biological structuring, in other animals, and in early humans. It was okay, but went on for a bit too long. Once he got to actually handedness in modern humans, I was much more interested. He also had a very interesting writing style, in which very casual language, even slang sometimes, was randomly inserted into otherwise academic writing. Lastly, I'm sure a lot of the information is outdated ...more
Joelle
Jan 22, 2011 Joelle rated it it was ok
Lots of research studies and math theory, which is all probably useless considering the book was written 30 years ago. Not quite the lighthearted read I imagined..
Sarah Sammis
Feb 09, 2012 Sarah Sammis rated it liked it
Shelves: released, pc, read-in-2005
There isn't much original thought in this book. Most of it is just a rehashing of Martin Gardner's many wonderful books.
Ryan
Jun 22, 2015 Ryan rated it really liked it
Made me pull my pants down and look at my balls to see which ball drooped lower to see if I was a statistic, I am not. I am left handed and the left one droops.
Selena
Selena rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Keenan Levy
Keenan Levy rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2013
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2015
Elena Burnett
Elena Burnett rated it it was ok
May 17, 2015
Kenneth
Kenneth rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2008
Beatrix Kiddo
Beatrix Kiddo rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2011
Colleen
Colleen rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2009
Doc500
Doc500 rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2012
Alice
Alice rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2013
Rick Wedgeworth
Rick Wedgeworth rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2011
Dustin Hartley
Dustin Hartley rated it really liked it
May 24, 2015
Aaron Boyer
Aaron Boyer rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2009
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2010
Dara
Dara rated it it was ok
Mar 04, 2008
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2009
David Fraser
David Fraser rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2014
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2012
Patrick
Patrick rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2009
Brandon Shultz
Brandon Shultz rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Ryan Frantz
Ryan Frantz rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2016
Ian
Ian rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2014
meow_meow
meow_meow rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2009
Becca B
Becca B rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2011