Stealing Heaven

Stealing Heaven

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  7 reviews
From the award-winning author of The Raider's Daughter and The Raider's Bride comes a dazzling new historical romance set in mid-nineteenth century Ireland. The story of a disreputable man and the woman who would break the ice around his heart.
Published May 1st 1995 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Stealing Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stealing Heaven

Mydearloverboy
WOW! A great book! I don't know why it has low ratings, but this one was a very good read...I cried like crazy and it was just bittersweet...I loved the tortured heroine and the tortured hero. The heroine is a true plain jane and seeing her fight for love was just beautiful;)
The hero managed to redeem himself and I can see why he acted the way he did, even when at times I thought that he was a bit harsh...The ending was just beautiful, though I would have loved a n epilogue;)

The plot is very int...more
Adriana Bookologist
Stealing Heaven by Kimberly Cates

I enjoyed this story.

The description of the book I am listing below is from the back jacket of the book. I'm adding it because I believe the one on the Goodreads page does not depict this story.

A rakehell. A scoundrel. Sir Aidan Kane was both and not the sensitive, lonely widower Norah Linton had expected to find. She had been tricked into coming to Castle Rathcannon by letters actually penned by Cassandra, Aidan's high-spirited daughter. Cass, as beautiful as a...more
Maqluba
Apparently I am forever plagued with giving Kimberley Cates 3 stars on what could otherwise be a 5 star read. I had the same problem with this book as I did with the others by this author: really great story line with beautiful emotion but way too much emphasis on emotions and pretty words then I'd like. I loved the characters and the story in general but it felt too heavy for me at times- the melodramatic type of heavy not the torment heavy.
Either way I don't regret it and will continue to rea...more
adoree
Pourquoi 4 étoiles?
Je suis d'accord: l'éhroîne est nian-nian à mourir. Le héros en fait trop. La fille du héros est un peste: c'est très, très téléphoné comme histoire. Mais bon... Il est de ce livres sur lesquels on peut compter. Ils ne peuvent décevoir car tout s'y retrouve: un héros rassurant, une héroïne follement amoureuse, une situation conflictuelle mais avec une jolie fin. Oui, peut-être parce que ce qui fait le charme de ce livre, c'est qu'il fait partie de ceux qu'on considère comme un...more
Lori Robinett
I rarely will not finish a book, but this one just didn't do it for me and life is too short to finish a book that I do not love. The romance was just too much - I want more depth to my plots. Perhaps I need to stick to romances with a paranormal, suspense or comedy angle to them in the future.
Ilze
May 10, 2011 Ilze rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: dnf
Aaaargh!!! Did not finish. The purple prose, the DRAHMAH, the stereotypical "gypsies", the revenge plot, the evil stepfather, the tortured hero, the ancient curse - all just too too much!
Rettah
Rettah added it
Aug 27, 2014
Ghyllee
Ghyllee marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Chantale
Chantale marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Zehra
Zehra marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Sherjeray Cuyno
Sherjeray Cuyno marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Lyn Townsend
Lyn Townsend marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Guinevere14
Guinevere14 marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Kd21550
Kd21550 marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Gladys Hernández
Gladys Hernández marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Kimberly Cates lives in Illinois with her family.
Pseudonyms: Kimberleigh Caitlin and Kim Cates.
More about Kimberly Cates...
The Perfect Match One Night With a Rogue The Wedding Dress (The McDaniels, #3) The Gazebo (The McDaniels, #2) Gather the Stars (Jacobite Brothers, #1)