Start by marking “All My Goodbyes: Stories” as Want to Read:
All My Goodbyes: Stories

All My Goodbyes: Stories

Every night a man drives the darkened asphalt of America. Every morning a woman recollects a former lover who disappeared years ago. A boy witnesses a horrific crime, but is unable to tell anyone about it. A girl glimpses the horrors that reside beneath the veil of ordinary life. A job whose simple description is: Follow him.

These are stories of the seekers and dreamers, t
ebook
Published March 1st 2014 by BookBaby

To ask other readers questions about All My Goodbyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All My Goodbyes

Don Sloan
May 28, 2015 Don Sloan rated it it was amazing
Once in awhile a work of fiction comes along, and you say, "I wish I had written that." All My Goodbyes is one of those books.

This is actually a collection of short stories that are nevertheless joined together by odd turns of phrase or repeated names here and there. And all with an elegant smartness that bespeaks good writing technique. Never predictable with a host of three-dimensional characters in each story, the collection moves at a brisk pace, sometimes using odd literary devices that sho
Vincent
Sep 28, 2014 Vincent rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I read Jaocob Mendelsohn’s All My Goodbyes on my subway rides to and from work. I would look up and wonder if I were on the train with Monk Simpson from “The Shift Workers” or Len from “Good for You” or Melinda from “Drift.” I would play a game and try to match the faces I saw to the people I’d just read about. I enjoyed reading All My Goodbyes but took breaks in between because the narrator never changed. I needed an occasional pause in the conversation I was having with Jacob’s narrator.

The pe
Richard A Peters
May 10, 2014 Richard A Peters rated it really liked it
There's a strong element of horror in most of these short stories, but they still suck you in. Generally, I'm the more old-fashioned type and prefer happy endings and not so dark, but I'll make an exception here. These are so well-written you won't easily forget them.
Erin Rother
Erin Rother rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2014
Scott Josephson
Scott Josephson rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2015
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2014
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2014
Donna McBroom-Theriot
Donna McBroom-Theriot marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Carrie
Carrie is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2014
Jacob Mendelsohn was born in Toronto, Canada, raised in Chicago, and currently resides in Brooklyn, NY, though this last fact doesn't necessarily make him any better than you.

His first published work, All My Goodbyes is a collection of ten short stories that range from realism to slipstream.

His writing has been influenced by the works of Haruki Murakami, the music of Tom Waits, film noir, and th
More about Jacob Mendelsohn...