Start by marking “Bicycle Book” as Want to Read:
Bicycle Book

Bicycle Book

Here is a brief history of bicycles, as well as information on the different kinds there are, how they work, and the different ways they are used. A list of safety tips for bike riders is included, as well as guidelines for bike maintenance.
Unknown Binding, 30 pages
Published January 1st 1995 by Scholastic Inc

To ask other readers questions about Bicycle Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bicycle Book

Katie (Katrina) Means
Great, easy to read book all about bicycles and how they are used and made. Simple illustrations help to learn about bicycles. Good for almost any age and for anyone interested in learning a little about bicycles or transportation.
Ashley Enlow
A perfect book for children interested in bicycles. Also would make for a great starter on a lesson of other means of transportation. A great overview of how they evolved over time, safety rules, and fun facts.
Jenny Schuth
Apr 26, 2016 Jenny Schuth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
The Bicycle Book is all about the history of Bicycles which was surprisingly interesting. The pictures were fun and colorful and made the text make complete sense when otherwise it may not have. I enjoyed it and felt like I learned a lot from it.
Kids would enjoy learning more about something they use/enjoy often. I would imagine this would make a great resource for a project, it would introduce kids to a more straight forward non-fiction book. It may also be enjoyed by any kid with a curiosity t
Amber
Mar 31, 2015 Amber rated it liked it
I think this is a great informational book for people who are interested in learning everything there is to know about bicycles. Not only does it tell you the different types of bicycles and how they work, but it also gives the history of bicycles, which is what I found interesting. The illustrations were also interesting as well because instead of using photographs of bicycles, it actually used colorful drawings, which I think makes it more engaging for the reader.

Kelly Powell
I wasn’t very fond of this book because I am not very interested in bicycles. This book gives an enormous amount of information about different types of bicycles and their parts. If someone need to know about bikes or was interested in learning more this book is for them. There are also illustrations pointing out the different parts of the bike visually.
Brent Rogers
Feb 13, 2015 Brent Rogers rated it did not like it
This book is about many different types and styles of bicycles. It talks about when, where and how they were created. It would definitely be fascinating for children, especially those learning to ride a bicycle.
Samantha
Readers will learn about the history of bicycles including early designs, the parts of modern bicycles, how modern bicycles work, the different types of bicycles, how to care for/properly maintain a bicycle. safety rules, and some notable bike races around the world.

Naomi
May 25, 2009 Naomi rated it liked it
Great illustration, but the book is best for older elementary children interested in bicycles. This book is excellent for teaching and explains the parts of the bike, different types of bikes, and also bicycle safety rules.
Matt
Dec 10, 2015 Matt rated it really liked it
There really is no story to this book but it gives the read a lot of information about bikes and their history.
Olivia
Jun 18, 2016 Olivia rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
A simple, yet informative book about bicycles. It would be a good introduction to nonfiction for young readers.
Maria
Jun 17, 2011 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gail Gibbons always does a wonderful job of breaking down concepts for young readers.
Alejandra
Alejandra rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2010
Kristy
Kristy rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2008
Elizabeth Houchen
Elizabeth Houchen rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2015
Yvonne Witherspoon
Yvonne Witherspoon rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015
Kristina Paustian
Kristina Paustian rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2015
Alli
Alli rated it it was ok
Jul 27, 2010
Nancy Swindle
Nancy Swindle rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2015
Barbara
Barbara rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2008
Morgan Smith
Morgan Smith rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2012
Fernando Morales
Fernando Morales rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Judy
Judy rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2011
Tyler
Tyler rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2011
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2013
Karen Mackay
Karen Mackay rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2013
Suzanne Moore
Suzanne Moore marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2009
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2012
Shalini Noronha
Shalini Noronha marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2013
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
Beatrice
Beatrice marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Ms. Ida
Ms. Ida marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2013
Nora
Nora marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2013
Mrskena
Mrskena marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Matilda Nartey
Matilda Nartey marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Hyekyung Choi
Hyekyung Choi marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Brie
Brie added it
May 14, 2015
Siskiyou-Suzy
Siskiyou-Suzy marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
From gailgibbons.com: I was born in Oak Park, Illinois, in 1944. Even as a little child, I was always busy putting books together. Sometimes I would bind them with yarn to hold the pages together. I've always loved drawing and painting. I was also a very curious child. My parents tell me that I was always asking lots and lots of questions.

Later, I went on to the University of Illinois, where I stu
More about Gail Gibbons...