Start by marking “Unheard Destruction” as Want to Read:

Unheard Destruction

Rusty and Hal step out of their house to a world destroyed. Before they can make sense of what has happened, they are abducted—by aliens.

Help arrives in the unexpected form of Assim, an alien who can speak directly to Rusty's mind, but getting them out of one mess is only the first step in resolving a much greater one—and it is a problem that only humans can solve, leaving
ebook
Published May 14th 2014 by Less Than Three Press LLC (first published May 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Unheard Destruction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unheard Destruction

ScuttlebuttReviews
Review by Lily, posted at ScuttlebuttReviews

I am not much into sci-fi stories, but there was something about the blurb for Unheard Destruction that caught my attention, and I simply had to read it. My goodness, what a story!

This is a wonderfully written sci-fi that takes place in a post-apocalyptic world. However, we’re initially introduced to Hal and Rusty duringa normal and romantic dinner that steams up and, well, you will too, once you read what they do with each other…Phew! It is just sizzl
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
This cover does nothing for me, doesn't make me want to read the book or not read it. So I go and read the blurb to see if that sparks my interest. And in a very short blurb is an obvious typo which makes me wonder if the book was even edited. Which equals a pass on this one for me. :(

From the blurb: getting them out of one mess is only the first step is resolving a much greater one

I know using is instead of in is a tiny mistake but it stood out and made me have to reread the sentence just to u
Susan65
Jun 25, 2014 Susan65 rated it really liked it
I have always loved reading about strong, deaf characters. I’m not really sure what the draw is for me, but as soon as I saw this book I knew I had to read it. I was not disappointed…even if sci-fi type stories are not my favorite. And this is definitely sci-fi. At times I likened it to Star Trek and the kind of action one would expect to take place on the USS Enterprise.

Rusty and Hal are an established, deaf couple planning a special Valentine’s Day celebration, complete with a new sex swing t
Love Bytes Reviews
Jun 11, 2014 Love Bytes Reviews rated it it was ok
2 star review by Colette.

I love Science Fiction and I love finding new authors, so I was excited to read this. I liked the premise of waking up one morning to find your world in chaos and a good alien abduction can be fun, but I had a hard time finishing this book.

Rusty and Hal are great characters; I loved their relationship, how much they cared for each other. They don’t let their deafness limit them in any way. When to book opens Rusty is preparing a surprise for Hal for their Valentine’s Day
Joyfully Jay
Jun 21, 2014 Joyfully Jay rated it really liked it
Shelves: jason
A Joyfully Jay review.

Unheard Destruction
has a good premise, the basis for some great characters and situations, but I found that the story and characters were lacking depth. Rusty’s survivalist behaviour was not too extreme, and Hal is more sensitive but has martial arts training, which makes them a pretty good team. It is nice that the Rusty and Hal are in their late 30s or early 40s, not terribly common in romance, but refreshing. Their commitment to each other is evident, and I re
OJ
Oct 15, 2014 OJ rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bought-to-read
I really wanted to love this book and I just couldn't quite get there, unfortunately it ended up in the DNF shelf.

The premise is great, the characters fascinating in their POV of deaf men and the universe building would have worked, except the writing wasn't smooth. I just couldn't get past 10 short sentences in one paragraph, it just didn't flow.

Oh, well.
Clovernmax
Clovernmax rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Wendy Woolley
Wendy Woolley rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2015
David
David rated it liked it
May 20, 2015
George
George rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~ rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Megan
Megan added it
Mar 02, 2014
M.J. Willow
M.J. Willow marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Bookwatcher
Bookwatcher marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Coty
Coty marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Sarah added it
May 14, 2014
Stephen Mar
Stephen Mar marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Midia
Midia marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Grena
Grena marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
A.F. Henley
A.F. Henley marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Neko
Neko added it
Apr 14, 2014
Dwayne Allison
Dwayne Allison marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Tj
Tj marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
K
K marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Lilladii
Lilladii marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Chad
Chad marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Connie
Connie is currently reading it
Jul 01, 2014
Shajichiramal
Shajichiramal marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Dallison
Dallison marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Kevin L.
Kevin L. marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Less Than Three P...: Giveaway - Unheard Destruction by Zach Sweets - CLOSED 28 54 May 15, 2014 09:29AM
Zach, an army brat, was born in El Paso, TX, and has lived in North Carolina, Germany, Kansas, California, and the District of Columbia, before graduating from University of Baltimore in May 2010, with a degree in Applied Information Technology. He now resides in Arizona, where he moved to start a new adventure with his partner and dog.

In his spare time, Zach enjoys reading, mainly horror. He enjo
More about Zach Sweets...