Start by marking “Danielle Walker's Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Paleo Recipes to Make Anytime” as Want to Read:

4.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,035 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Beloved food blogger and New York Times bestselling author Danielle Walker is back with over 100 new Paleo recipes in her sophomore cookbook, Meals Made Simple—a collection of gluten-free, dairy-free, and Paleo-friendly recipes for easy weeknight meals.

Diagnosed with an autoimmune disease at twenty-two, Danielle Walker spent many years in and out of the hospital and on hig
Published September 2nd 2014 by Victory Belt Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Danielle Walker's Against All Grain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Danielle Walker's Against All Grain

Carolyn
Sep 18, 2015 Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
When I was about 8 years old, my doctor recommended that I go on a wheat, dairy, chocolate and sugar free diet to see if it would help my allergies and overall health. Maybe eggs too, I don't remember. Back then, that meant goats milk (which was just AWFUL!), I don't know what kind of alternative flour, carob (nothing like chocolate! especially without sugar) and honey, which was fine. It was particularly awful for me because there were several birthdays that fell in the time frame. Mom tried re ...more
Abbey
Jan 10, 2015 Abbey rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. However, a lot of the recipes involved making food that looks like our western diet, i.e. pancakes, waffles made with alternative flours. I understand the comfort in this but it seems so difficult. if I decide to try a paleo diet I will just stick to lean meats, nuts, fruit and vegetables. No sense in making it difficult. This book has plenty of those recipes too.
Meghan
Nov 21, 2015 Meghan rated it really liked it
Shelves: food
Made carrot cake cupcakes, pineapple chicken lettuce burger wraps, spice-rubbed sweet potatoes, and BLT salads with cherry tomatoes.
Kelsie
Jan 05, 2016 Kelsie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I've made about four recipes from this book so far and they have all been delicious! My husband and I are doing a "30-day get back on track after the holidays" challenge and are following a mostly-paleo diet. We've both been feeling so much better that I can see this lasting long past 30 days.

I have been pleasantly surprised that we have both really enjoyed everything we've made out of here and I'm looking forward to trying more of her recipes. I originally checked this book out from my library
Elaine Mcdonald
May 19, 2016 Elaine Mcdonald rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: danielle-walker
I bought the kindle edition and really couldn't get into it. I recently purchased both of her books. They are really nice books! I recently made buffalo chicken salad and it was amazing. My daughter had picked out the recipe and I didn't even think I would like it that much. I didn't have time to do it in a crock pot but I did follow her directions. I made it in a pressure cooker. (Instant Pot) I cooked it for 20 minutes and it was so good! I also made her Ranch Dressing. I had previously made R ...more
Jessica
Jul 13, 2015 Jessica rated it really liked it
I love the EIGHT weeks of meal plans... done and shopping lists created for you. She also gives you all sorts of simple tidbits on making things ahead. It's super helpful for this mama who wants it simple and doesn't want to spend a lot of time on prep but still wants to feed good, nutritious, and tasty food to her family.

I borrowed this from the library... as soon as I return it I will be purchasing it again as I want to try more recipes and want to add some to my seasonal rotations.

Another gre
Suzanne Barrett
Aug 31, 2014 Suzanne Barrett rated it it was amazing
One of my go-to cookbooks is Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain. In her new book, Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple, she has added even more mouthwatering delights for the Paleo chef.

Danielle was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease at twenty-two, and she spent years in and out of hospitals and taking some heavy-duty prescriptions for her condition until she’d had enough. Medical science wasn’t helping her, so she took matters into her own hands and experimented with diet. By eliminating glu
Coral
Dec 01, 2014 Coral rated it it was amazing
Switching to a gluten and dairy free diet has been at times overwhelming and frustrating, but this book actually makes it simple. Included in this book is an eight week menu plan with a shopping list. I am no longer spending hours searching for recipes and creating menu plans--this book takes the guesswork out of cooking!

To see my full review, go to: http://www.thereadingretreat.com/2014...
Stephanie
Jul 23, 2015 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking-food
I stumbled across this cookbook at the library while looking for books that avoided dairy. Earlier this year we learned our three year old can no longer eat any dairy at all (not even as an ingredient; confirmed by CHOA). I had never heard of Walker before this, but I grabbed it since it guaranteed all dairy free recipes.

This cookbook is excellent. I don't buy into the idea that avoiding all of these foods cured Walker of her autoimmune disease by themselves, but she only mentions this in the ve
Marathon County Public Library MCPL
For those who are gluten and dairy free, and are interested in the paleo diet, this is a beautiful cookbook full of easy and fully illustrated recipes to try. Included is the author's own health journey, as well as tips, grocery lists, label and nutrition information, and even meal plans. This is a great resource for clean eating that accommodates food allergies or nutrition choices that make avoiding gluten and dairy a priority.

Sarah M. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our li
Hoot
Feb 04, 2015 Hoot rated it it was ok
I like to be as gluten and dairy free as possible but I am also low carb. If you need low carb options this is not the cook book for you.
Ky
Oct 18, 2014 Ky rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Great format and recipes just like the first cookbook. I really like the fact that she included basic recipes like how to make chicken broth, almond milk, and dressings as well as full-on meals. This book also includes meal plans, things to stock up on in your pantry, and lots of great information about the paleo diet. This cookbook is another keeper by Ms. Walker, and I bought it as soon as I saw she was releasing another one.
Janet
Nov 23, 2014 Janet rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, health
My all time favorite cookbook! I love her thought to make tearout shopping lists and still have lists in book too. I love the full page photo of every meal and the crossreferences to the side dishes. I have always wanted to learn how to cook and be able to roll leftovers into a varietty of other meals! My favorite is Week 7... Thyme Chicken, Rosemary Porkchops, Mexi Chicken Soup, and Greek Patties
Danielle
Jul 21, 2015 Danielle rated it it was amazing
This would be my favourite of Danielle's cookbooks. A great source of recipes for anyone eating paleo. I was a little afraid that eating paleo would be difficult to maintain and that I may have difficulty finding ingredients, but these recipes made meal times easy!
Lisa
Nov 03, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Made many recipes from this cookbook and have enjoyed them all. Discovered ghee thanks to this book. Love the baked chicken! If you want to try paleo or just love to eat food that tastes good and is good for you pick this one up!
Rew77
Dec 28, 2014 Rew77 rated it really liked it
Love the 8 week meal plans and cut out weekly shopping lists. All ingredients for week get used up in the week's recipes so less waste. Great photos for each recipe and straightforward ingredients.
Denise Morse
Jan 16, 2015 Denise Morse rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook
The recipes are well written and beautifully photographed but most useful are the 8 weeks of meal plans. I look forward to using them to get healthy in the new year
Cristin
Jul 04, 2016 Cristin rated it really liked it
Very inspirational! She helps you want to start a better and new lifestyle!
Amy
Mar 11, 2016 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You need this cookbook!

Probably the best cookbook I've ever bought that has gf/paleo recipes. I've already made several things and can't wait to make more.
Nikki Dinki
May 05, 2016 Nikki Dinki rated it it was amazing
Everything she does is amazing, informative and beautiful!
LeAnn
Sep 22, 2014 LeAnn rated it it was ok
Didn't like it near as much as her first cookbook.
Jack
Jan 02, 2015 Jack added it
Shelves: nutrition
Great veggie ideas and some quick meals. Like most paleo books, requires you to make your own staples, which can add quite a lot of time to meal prep (eg. sauces, rubs, etc.)
Karen Cockerill
Jul 17, 2016 Karen Cockerill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cook-books
What I love most about this book is that it's designed for someone that is in the process of changing their lifestyle and possibly ill so the recipes are super easy, meal plans are designed to minimize waste, and great tips on freezing and storing. Most of all the recipes are delicious. The only down side to this book is that I got it on my kindle and find it hard to work from my kindle in the kitchen. I love the meal plans and shopping lists. My favorite paleo author - just wish they stocked mo ...more
Stacy
Apr 13, 2015 Stacy rated it really liked it
Good easy to follow recipes.
Kim
Jan 28, 2015 Kim rated it it was amazing
The Photography is amazing!
Amy McLevaine
Jan 01, 2016 Amy McLevaine rated it it was amazing
Fabulous!!!
Ginger
Sep 06, 2014 Ginger rated it it was amazing
Another winner
Jennifer Meeker Kindle
Mar 07, 2015 Jennifer Meeker Kindle rated it really liked it
I liked the book. With 2 children- one to go gluten free and one to go gluten and dairy free this was an easy start with the menus, grocery lists, and recipes all in one place and simple to follow. The hardest part was finding some of the ingredients.
Kim DiPrima
Apr 13, 2016 Kim DiPrima rated it it was amazing
Love the recipes and organization of this cookbook. Truly a resource.
Diana
Found some really good recipes to add to our family menu. I really like both of this author's books.
  • The Zenbelly Cookbook: An Epicurean’s Guide to Paleo Cuisine
  • Real Life Paleo: 175 Gluten-Free Recipes, Meal Ideas, and an Easy 3-Phased Approach to Lose Weight & Gain Health
  • Gather, the Art of Paleo Entertaining
  • The Ancestral Table: Traditional Recipes for a Paleo Lifestyle
  • Primal Cravings: Your Favorite Foods Made Paleo
  • Make-Ahead Paleo: Healthy Gluten-, Grain- & Dairy-Free Recipes Ready When & Where You Are
  • The Paleo Kitchen: Finding Primal Joy in Modern Cooking
  • The Paleo Slow Cooker: Healthy, Gluten-free Meals the Easy Way
  • Beyond Bacon: Paleo Recipes that Respect the Whole Hog
  • The Paleo Approach Cookbook: A Detailed Guide to Heal Your Body and Nourish Your Soul
  • Mediterranean Paleo Cooking: Over 150 Fresh Coastal Recipes for a Relaxed, Gluten-Free Lifestyle
  • Well Fed 2: More Paleo Recipes for People Who Love to Eat
  • The Frugal Paleo Cookbook: Affordable, Easy & Delicious Paleo Cooking
  • Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans
  • Paleo Eats: 111 Comforting Gluten-Free, Grain-Free and Dairy-Free Recipes for the Foodie in You
  • The 21-Day Sugar Detox: Bust Sugar & Carb Cravings Naturally
  • Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes
  • The Kitchn Cookbook: Recipes, Kitchens & Tips to Inspire Your Cooking