Start by marking “Thief: A Robin Monarch Novel” as Want to Read:
Thief: A Robin Monarch Novel

Thief: A Robin Monarch Novel (Robin Monarch #3)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  180 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
In Mark Sullivan's Thief, Robin Monarch is a man with a complicated past and dangerous present. He's been a soldier, a CIA agent, a freelance operative but first and foremost, Robin Monarch is a thief of the highest order. Orphaned at twelve, Monarch originally stole for survival, then he stole for his friends and cohorts, now he steals to order, and to give back to the to ...more
Published December 16th 2014 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thief

Jeffrey
Mar 08, 2015 Jeffrey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thief is Mark Sullivan's crackling action packed third book in his Robin Monarch series. Thriller fans rejoice. Stay up to dawn and sate yourself on armed combat, ambushes ( in the air, on land, and on the ice) safe cracking, high technology, low morals, rich tycoons with bad manners, monstrous criminals and a cool modern setting. Monarch, an ex special forces and CIA agent, is a modern day robin hood who steals to support the good work of Sister Rachel, a nun who runs an orphanage and medical c ...more
Kathy
Dec 16, 2014 Kathy rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Thief by Mark Sullivan is another pulse pounding thriller starring the very intrepid Robin Monarch. In this outing, the stakes are high for Robin as he, along with his trusted crew, race to save Sister Rachel Diego del Mar from ruthless kidnappers.

At the end of Outlaw, Robin was left with a few suspicions about billionaire Beau Arsenault's involvement in the kidnapping of a top US official. He digs a little deeper into Arsenault's life but the subsequent investigation fails to yield an
Linda
Mar 24, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of action as Robin Monarch and his team take on a ruthless enemy.

Robin Monarch has made an enemy of one of the world’s richest men after he stole millions in bearer bonds from Beau Arsenault. He feels that the money will be better used by Sister Rachel at her orphanage and clinic in Buenas Aires. When Robin returns to Sister Rachel’s clinic, his enemies follow him. Arsenault has contacted Robin’s enemies from the past and has them on his payroll to take him out. But when Sister Rachel’s li
Johnnie Gee
It was a good book, not great, but good. I don't know if I like the premise of the book, so that may be an issue with me being objective.

A thief who gives money to an orphanage to repay the help he received. However, he certainly doesn't do without so it's good works and good rewards.

I would read other reviews they could have more insight; actually the would have to have more and better insight then you are getting here.
David Teachout
Jul 11, 2016 David Teachout rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
In what could be a wrap-up to a trilogy, this story seems a lot bigger than the others. That may be because of the sheer enormity of the globe-trotting team in their various missions. With continued wit, snark and a fair amount of ridiculous good luck, Robin and his team are in deeply personal waters this time and it gets bad before it gets gloriously good. Spend less time looking for plot holes and more time enjoying the tale.
Nicola Greer
Totally preposterous plot, unlikeable characters and totally predictable. If you steal from someone shouldn't you expect them to be upset about that? And try to find you? The villains were totally over the top and the sums of money involved were just outrageous. Won't bother with this author again it was worse than Clive Cussler and that's saying something
Debra Jeakins
Dec 27, 2014 Debra Jeakins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recieved this book free in exchange for a review from goodreads

Robin Monarch is a thief, an ex Army Ranger & ex CIA but his one passion in life is stealing millions from the wealthy to give to Sister Rachael who runs a clinic/orphanage for the poor where Robin grew up. When Sister Rachael is kidnapped by a wealthy monster named Beau Arsenault Robin and his crew must rescue her & while keeping himself alive.

I LOVE Robin. The character is everything you would want in a hero, tall handso
Scott
Feb 05, 2016 Scott rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The dust jacket on the book described a most thrilling read. It turned out to be false advertising. The story was dull. The characters were uninteresting. And the story was far-fetched. Mark Sullivan underwhelmed me with this one.
Brian Mccamey
Jul 09, 2015 Brian Mccamey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read!!! It's been a while since I read about Robin & friends... And this another author to add to my priority list... Love the team he's he has with him. What more can you ask for - engaging story, intriguing characters - again, an excellent read.
Dee Green
Feb 04, 2015 Dee Green rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thriller

This is the first time I have read a book by this author. It was recommended by James patterson. I will read more. Book was extremely thrilling.
Susannah
Sep 28, 2015 Susannah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Started listening to this book. Got to chapter 7 (1 hr and 4 mins) and it just had to many F words for my taste. Seemed like a decent book.
Jayw
Robin Monarch plays robin hood stealing from super rich bad guys to fund the orphanage he grew up in. One of the baddies tries to turn the tables.
Bob Desplinter
Good story, enjoyed the character. Wish there was more by the author. Read with Audible.
Brian Vickery
Dec 15, 2015 Brian Vickery rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simply put, I've been enjoying the Robin Monarch installments. Just read Thief, and I enjoyed it even more than Rogue.
John Ricker
Jan 07, 2015 John Ricker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a really well written thriller with twists and turns that made THIEF a fun read. There is great character development and Robin is one that you just love. So that someone else can enjoy this great book as much as I have I will be paying it forward as I do with most my GoodReads win and give this to a friend to enjoy.
Matt
Sep 11, 2015 Matt rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Decent story, indecent language and vulgarity, all unnecessary. My last book from this author.
Christian
Jul 15, 2015 Christian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beach read but a good one.
Serri
Aug 12, 2015 Serri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun series. Thought this was the best so far.
Emilia
Sep 15, 2015 Emilia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5. Listened because I didn't have a better option. Parts were pretty misogynistic. Predictable but mildly entertaining plot.
Kay
Feb 23, 2015 Kay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always enjoy a Mark Sullivan book. Love the action.
Jason Fryer
Jan 18, 2015 Jason Fryer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great third installment to the Robin Monarch series. I really enjoyed the plot of this one and thought it was well paced and just detailed enough. I look forward to wherever Robin heads next.
Sweetpea
Feb 07, 2015 Sweetpea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book from the GoodReads First Reads program in exchange for an honest review. An exciting thriller with lots of plot twists, great read.
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Carter Blackwell
Carter Blackwell marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Christine Fraser
Christine Fraser rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Samantha Siy
Samantha Siy marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Aravind Kumar
Aravind Kumar marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Todd L
Todd L marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
  • Noble Intentions: Season Three (Episodes #11-15; Jack Noble #7)
  • Fade
  • White Gold (Dan Taylor #1)
  • Shattered
  • Takedown (Alexandra Poe, #2)
  • Hide and Seek (Sgt. Major Eric Moyer, #4)
  • Nine Lives (Sam Archer, #1)
  • How to Paint a Cat (The Cats and Curios Mystery, #5)
  • A Vicky Hill Exclusive! (Vicky Hill, #1)
  • Easy Day for the Dead (SEAL Team Six Outcasts, #2)
  • Risk Taker (Shadow Warriors, #3)
  • Love Is Murder (Lucy Kincaid, #0.5)
  • Murder at Cold Creek College (Cold Creek #1)
  • Down to the Sea with Mr. Magee
  • Tapestry of Lies: A Weaving Mystery
  • Murder Sends a Postcard (A Haunted Souvenir Shop Mystery #3)
  • Elixir
  • Trident's First Gleaming (Special Operations Group #1)
Mark T. Sullivan (b. 1958) is an author of thrillers. Born in a Boston suburb, he joined the Peace Corp after college, traveling to West Africa to live with a tribe of Saharan nomads. Upon returning to the United States, he took a job at Reuters, beginning a decade-long career in journalism that would eventually lead to a job as an investigative reporter for the San Diego Tribune.

Sullivan spent th
More about Mark T. Sullivan...

Robin Monarch (3 books)
  • Rogue (Robin Monarch, #1)
  • Outlaw (Robin Monarch, #2)